Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Unixx South or Grand Avenue

jjaosn12

Trying to finalize my accomadation for my upcoming next trip. Plan to book airbnb and narrow down to these two.

Unixx south has nice view but a little bit far from central pattaya. And I have no idea about that area. how is the restaurant/street food nearby? How to take baht bus from the apartment?

On the other hand, I am quite familiar with Grand Avenue area since I stayed in Base last time. Wonldn't consider base or edge this time due to the size of the room. Prefer bigger room.  The only drawback is that it only has pool view, no ocean view. 

Any suggestions? Or should I consider some beachfront condo from jomtien?

Grand Avenue has major construction happening directly in front of it at the moment. 

If not for such, it would be my suggestion. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, jjaosn12 said:

Trying to finalize my accomadation for my upcoming next trip. Plan to book airbnb and narrow down to these two.

Unixx south has nice view but a little bit far from central pattaya. And I have no idea about that area. how is the restaurant/street food nearby? How to take baht bus from the apartment?

On the other hand, I am quite familiar with Grand Avenue area since I stayed in Base last time. Wonldn't consider base or edge this time due to the size of the room. Prefer bigger room.  The only drawback is that it only has pool view, no ocean view. 

Any suggestions? Or should I consider some beachfront condo from jomtien?

Have you considered View Talay 6 on 2nd rd near Central Festival? 

Unixx has no street food, there is an onsite restaurant above the rental office though and the baht bus route is a few minute walk from the entrance. The elevators take forever though in the afternoon/evenings and are frequently packed which is annoying. 

17 minutes ago, David2268 said:

Have you considered View Talay 6 on 2nd rd near Central Festival? 

yep, but the room doesn't look that nice. A little bit outdated?

22 minutes ago, Timon88 said:

Grand Avenue has major construction happening directly in front of it at the moment. 

If not for such, it would be my suggestion. 

Thanks for the info.

I stayed 3 times at Unixx.

Great views from high floors!

As said during daytime and afternoons elevators can have long queues with waiting people!

Lots of Russians and Chinese tourists stay here, so can be noisy.

Restaurant above the Minimart is very small with only a handful of dishes.

There are FamilyMart and 7/eleven on South Pattaya Rd, but it is far from bigger supermarkets as Tops and Friendship.

Lots of Indian restaurants along South Pattaya Rd, as this area is where all the Indians are staying.

Walking down to Walking Street takes only 15 minutes, a bit more walking back as it is uphill!

Bahtbuses are usually full as they come with tourists from Jomthien Beach.

Edited by plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

29 minutes ago, plahgat said:

As said during daytime and afternoons elevators can have long queues with waiting people!

Of course the problem also is certain nationalities have no perception of queuing! 

I have discounted Unixx from my search for ex-pat accommodation having picked up on reports of excessive noise and the elevators. Also I prefer lower floors, I have watched the fire brigade in action.

I stayed at GA last trip and was happy with the room it certainly is central to everything whilst remaining reasonably quiet. (Beware building A rooms at rear as adjoin buildings block any view).

The short term rental rooms at grand avenue can be terrible. I stayed in 1 for a month. We have 1 room on my floor at GA and it gets hammered with short term guests. 

Manage your expectations!

• Like 3

I have stayed at both. Unixx has a nice view and is more convenient to go jomtien. The issue with unixx is the long wait for elevators in the hot corridors. If you have your own motorbike then the location to central Pattaya is ok. 

Grand Avenue I stayed at when it 1st opened in August 2019 for a couple of months. Building D the only open one at the time. I enjoyed my stay. Can't really compare to now as far as noise and how busy the gym is. 

The view I had was pool view and at night the blue lighting gave it a relaxing feel. 

I had the gym to myself, even took the plastic of the equipment. Nice small aircon gym with a few machines and some free weights as well as the nice treadmills. 

The location at the time can't be beat. Unfortunately now there is construction. 

View from my room. 

Let you guess which is which. 

IMG_20191022_150705.thumb.jpg.610445e29365bed742f52a6b6e173b5f.jpgIMG_20230509_173524.thumb.jpg.d1e3603b93327c745ee2700ec64cdc0a.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jjaosn12 said:

Any suggestions?

I recommend Centric Sea. 

I stayed in building A at the 19th floor. It was one of the best stay. Secured building with Air conditioned lobby in the day time. 

The pool was magnificent on the 44th floor. 

The room size was good for me as the bedroom was separated by a glass sliding door form the living area giving it a bigger feel. The view from the balcony and the bed room windows where good.

3 elevators that where very quick. 

Only thing, unlike grand Avenue and unixx you are limited to taking only water to the pool area, also no smoking at the pool. For me it was not a big issue. 

No 13th floor at centric only 12 and 12A

Edit: Pattaya bay photo taken from the rooftop pool area. But 2 other pools available in the 2 other buildings that I did not use. 

On the balcony if seated on the left (girl in red then can see the sea) so room is City and sea view, was very nice. 

IMG_20220920_193227.thumb.jpg.9c23d3a920e441ed07a5ab45f17b6624.jpg

IMG_20220922_175845.thumb.jpg.1fbf9e19564a0986809128b9a67de0d4.jpg

IMG_20220923_160954.thumb.jpg.a622f1116941f44d94be189d94138265.jpg

Edited by Franko2018
Added info on roof top photo.

2 hours ago, jjaosn12 said:

yep, but the room doesn't look that nice. A little bit outdated?

Check out blue ocean. They are a rental at Vt6. They moved to a bigger corner office near the pool a few years ago, so they must be doing something right. 

I rented from them for a week then extended 3 more nights. They had a small office at the time. Even though the price was not too high it was an excellent room. Well decorated with a comfortable mattress and the best view from the room, actually even the bed. Blue Ocean offered daily cleaning. 

What I did not like about Vt6 was the lobby. All the vendors and massage places. 

Photo taken from the comfortable leather couch that faces the TV and next to the bed. So same veiw from bed. 

When having a girl over, just turn of some lights and don't close the curtains. Definitely one of the best rooms. 

949678832.thumb.JPG.bd541d2053bc015eeff77a8d8928d158.JPG

Edited by Franko2018
Added photo info

Pattaya Bay view from my room on 31th floor at Unixx back in 2018!

Pattaya2018074b.thumb.jpg.ee36d578920cb652dbd6c216213ef77e.jpg

Pattaya City view from my room on 24th floor at Unixx 2023!

IMG20230324163752b.thumb.jpg.1b51527060b1f8ec6cbce4757092ec1d.jpg

When no money... she no give honey! 

18 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

The elevators take forever though in the afternoon/evenings and are frequently packed which is annoying. 

Same problem we experienced at The Base, the properties are designed and marked as condos and used as hotels and just lack sufficient elevators. At GA 12 elevators for a little over 700 units and The Base had 8 (including freight elevators) for 1100 units. Many times at The Base we would have to go to the top in order to secure a place to get down.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Franko2018 said:

I recommend Centric Sea. 

I stayed in building A at the 19th floor. It was one of the best stay. Secured building with Air conditioned lobby in the day time. 

The pool was magnificent on the 44th floor. 

The room size was good for me as the bedroom was separated by a glass sliding door form the living area giving it a bigger feel. The view from the balcony and the bed room windows where good.

3 elevators that where very quick. 

Only thing, unlike grand Avenue and unixx you are limited to taking only water to the pool area, also no smoking at the pool. For me it was not a big issue. 

No 13th floor at centric only 12 and 12A

Edit: Pattaya bay photo taken from the rooftop pool area. But 2 other pools available in the 2 other buildings that I did not use. 

On the balcony if seated on the left (girl in red then can see the sea) so room is City and sea view, was very nice. 

IMG_20220920_193227.thumb.jpg.9c23d3a920e441ed07a5ab45f17b6624.jpg

IMG_20220922_175845.thumb.jpg.1fbf9e19564a0986809128b9a67de0d4.jpg

IMG_20220923_160954.thumb.jpg.a622f1116941f44d94be189d94138265.jpg

centric is no 1. choice if you like Soi 6 ... 2 mins stroll .. and then baht bus straight to walking st and back.   If you like Buakhao / LK Metro etc its not so convenient (but more convenient than unixx) , some incredible views from the higher floors and very few insects/mosquitos etc, also some decent food options nearby.  

• Like 3
O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

4 hours ago, praf974 said:

If you like Buakhao / LK Metro etc its not so convenient (but more convenient than unixx)

Next trip I already booked the Base, centric Sea is definitely more quite because there are only so few daily and weekly renting. I think centric Sea would be a good choice for the Op since he excluded the Base already. 

Yes Centric Sea was so convenient to Soi 6 I did walk through the Soi many times during my stay. Coming back to the room was very easy and heading out to LK Metro to me was not a hassle at all.  I would just catch the bus on Baukhao it's only a few minutes walk and I would walk in the back alley ways and it could be part of the hunt. 

The below map is to show anyone not familiar with the area the route. 

From centric Sea to Mr. Jack's watch shop, because outside the shop I would catch the bath bus, it's a 9 to 10 minutes walk. 

Screenshot_20230730_114912.thumb.jpg.ef7c261b7b4034503a6cd84ce08dc21f.jpg

7 hours ago, jetdoc said:

Same problem we experienced at The Base, the properties are designed and marked as condos and used as hotels and just lack sufficient elevators. At GA 12 elevators for a little over 700 units and The Base had 8 (including freight elevators) for 1100 units. Many times at The Base we would have to go to the top in order to secure a place to get down.

Unixx only has 4 elevators and one service elevator for 1207 units so you can imagine then how bad it gets. 12 or even 8 sound so much better. Not sure what idiot thought 4 would be enough.

Centric Sea has had noisy construction/renovations going on for 6 months now with no end in sight next door at the abandoned hotel on 2nd road.

Seaview rooms are worst for noise during the day but city-view suites are slightly better for noise.

Note: I am not currently a resident but previously lived there for 13 months pre-covid. Construction/renovation info was relayed to me by current residents and condo agents.

• Like 2

Unixx appears relatively close to everything when looking at a map but it's not a very convenient location imo.  Especially if you want to do a lot of walking. 

GA is a very convenient location but has construction problems in the short term.  Everything on Soi 15 is kind of expensive for what you get and that will only get worse once construction is finished.

Edited by Kale
  • Like 3

High and low rise facilities are different experiences due to population density. For years we rented hotel rooms for are frequent visits. In 2016 she bought a condo at The Base and for the next 6+ years it served as the "beach getaway" and now she owns a condo at GA and for me there is no comparison as GA wins hands down. Not fair to compare 29.5sqm to 50sqm but all things considered GA still wins.