IGNORED

Cafe De Amis restaurant

davethailand

650 for a steak think ill give it miss

Edited by money number 1

All ive got in this world are my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody

Money Number 1

650 for a steak thank ill give it miss

Up to you as they say but 650bht for an imported steak seems ok to me. :)

Edited by davethailand

Up to you as they say but 650bht for an imported steak seems ok to me. :)

Cheaper places in patts to go though what ever floats your boat buddy

All ive got in this world are my word and my balls and i dont break them for nobody

Money Number 1

Cheaper places in patts to go though what ever floats your boat buddy

Of course but it also depends on what kind of place you want to go, fast food or a proper restaurant.

:)

Of course but it also depends on what kind of place you want to go, fast food or a proper restaurant.

:GoldenSmile1:

Still think its over priced though you can get a good steak for 300 baht and i bet its the same if not better than this place.

Money Number 1

Still think its over priced though you can get a good steak for 300 baht and i bet its the same if not better than this place.

Matter of opinion of course and I agree that there are some cheaper places that are value for money, this place looks like its trying to attract the posher type of diners and IMO its as good as some of its competition, its cheaper than some others and more expensive than some others, ok for a normal dinner its probably not somewhere where i'd go. for a nice dinner with the wife of family thats visiting it would be ideal. :GoldenSmile1:

Thanks Dave I will give it a go this week, the menu looks good and prices are ok no more than the other decent restaurants round the same area!! :GoldenSmile1:

Glad to see they have Penfolds for sale.. but at that price??? Time to start importing wine!

Thanks for putting this up Sir. I do love a good eating experience and in many instances, one gets what one pays for

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Well, French food is generally outrageously overpriced for the reduced sauces and portion sizes anyway.

This menu smells like the same guy who runs that French restaurant on WS, about 150m in on the right -- the one that's over priced...and always empty. In the rest of the world, the business mantra is location, location, location -- except in the US, where it's volume, value and location. With the French abroad it's, "price it high, and they will come." :GoldenSmile1:

a crab and shrimp cocktail for 260 baht lol a few shrimps a bit of crab, lettuce and mary rose sauce what a rip off! im sure this restaurant will be closed soon with them prices.

Edited by my_name_mark_u_like_me

a crab and shrimp cocktail for 260 baht lol a few shrimps a bit of crab, lettuce and mary rose sauce what a rip off! im sure this restaurant will be closed soon with them prices.

Theres a cafe round the corner that does egg and chips. :GoldenSmile1:

Well, French food is generally outrageously overpriced for the reduced sauces and portion sizes anyway.

This menu smells like the same guy who runs that French restaurant on WS, about 150m in on the right -- the one that's over priced...and always empty. In the rest of the world, the business mantra is location, location, location -- except in the US, where it's volume, value and location. With the French abroad it's, "price it high, and they will come." :Bravo1:

Do you mean La Notte? I didn't think that was overpriced, not as cheap as the cafe type places ok but then again its a bit nicer than other places on WS. :GoldenSmile1:

Theres a cafe round the corner that does egg and chips. :P

im more into my dhupia potatoes and twice cooked ducks eggs with a melody of summer vegtables and a nice wee cristal champagne to wash it down :GoldenSmile1:

im more into my dhupia potatoes and twice cooked ducks eggs with a melody of summer vegtables and a nice wee cristal champagne to wash it down :GoldenSmile1:

Maybe that restaurant could knock it up for you. :P

Maybe that restaurant could knock it up for you. :GoldenSmile1:

i will ask one of the street vendors im sure they will have a go at

• 2 months later...

Hello All,

I have only arrived back in Pattaya after a few years absence and was recommended by a friend to pay a visit to the Café de Amis. I invited a small group of people to join me for dinner. I was pleasantly surprised to find an intimate chilled out setting, very relaxed. I found it good value, 2200 baht for four with a glass of wine each, it not the cheapest in town but for the delicious food and ambience it was well worth it compared to the Mata Hari.

If you have not tried it, its well worth a visit..

:Booboo::GoldenSmile1: :GoldenSmile1:

• 7 months later...

Has this place changed hands? There is nothing French about it; they confuse "parfait" and "paté" on the menu, and the food was mediocre. I paid THB 2500 for a 2-course meal for two, including drinks, a mixed salad and one glass of (probably Australian) wine. A ripoff indeed - you might call it a scam.