IGNORED

Jomtien Beach - Clean Swimming or Not?

Fred Basset

How clean is the water in Jomtein Beach for swimming these days?

Any particular parts of the full beach length where the water may be cleaner?

I wonder do the street drains running down the likes of Soi 5 Pratumnak, Soi Boonkanjana, or Soi Chayapreuk run down into the sea?

i haven’t go into the water this year but I have on previous trips but always been a bit iffy about it.

20 hours ago, Fred Basset said:

I wonder do the street drains running down the likes of Soi 5 Pratumnak, Soi Boonkanjana, or Soi Chayapreuk run down into the sea?

i haven’t go into the water this year but I have on previous trips but always been a bit iffy about it.

Get a sample and have it tested. Have you seen any boats lined up to dump sewage in a treatment facility? Where does that shit go? 

Jack

• Like 1

If its only Russians are bathing it could be risky. Look for places where Thai's gather and you'll be fine

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

South Jomtien definitely looks a lot cleaner than Pattaya. The beaches are nice for a walk, but I will stick to the swimming pool.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 25/07/2023 at 16:31, Fred Basset said:

To ansewer your question about the drainage on the major Soi's, yes they drain into the water. I can see the upwelling of the drainage from my condo. Not good! I notice the local fishing fleet seems to target these spots to set their nets as the runoff water must attract fish. As a lifelong commercial fisherman, I would not personaly eat these fish. But swimming may be ok. I have not gone swimming here(in the sea) since I first saw this some years ago. Up To U!

Edited by Jeffinak
spelling
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jeffinak said:

To ansewer your question about the drainage...

ISWYDT

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

10 hours ago, Jeffinak said:

? To cryptic for me I guess.

Google is your friend.

image.png

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.