Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Booking-sites for SMALL Thai towns, upcountry?

Henrik2000

Hello, do you have favourite web-sites to book small or mid-range hotels in SMALL towns? Say, in Phichit or even Taphan Hin. I have difficulties getting a decent selection or even 1 usefull offer for my preferred dates. I am NOT asking for the best booking-site for Pattaya or Phuket.

In upcountry small towns, there are some hotels marked on Google Maps, but mostly they are not available on booking sites. They also don't seem to have their own booking website.

So often i use, but sometimes am not happy with the up-country selection on

• Agoda
  • Booking.com
  • Expedia
  • AirBnb

I saw recommendations for, but want to ask your opinion about selection and seriousness of

• Laterooms.com
  • hotels.com
  • Trip.com
  • Traveloka (used that in Indonesia)

• Choowap.com/en/

Or any other recommendation for a tried and tested site?

Thanks!

---

PS. Of course if a hotel isn't bookable online, I could

• call them (speak barely enough Thai for that)

• contact them by e-mail, Line or Facebook (abhor FB)

• simply walk-in and try my luck.

I did all that successfully in earlier decades.But I don't have those nerves and that trust anymore. I always worry something goes wrong.

These days I want a reliable readable booking agreement beforehand, even if I/they pay 7% commission to a booking-site. I am happy to pre-pay if that guarantees my room. I have 99,9 % good experiences with booking.com and 99,5 with Agoda.

Edited by Henrik2000

The problem is that, beyond the top tier of hotels, there are many many hotels/resorts which are not on Agoda/Booking etc.

They are almost all on FB however, don't speak English but are happy to use Messenger or Line.

All you have to do is find them.