IGNORED

Altera Hotel and Residence

Zauberfee

Good Review 

Thank you 

I've stayed in that area the last 2 visits, and again next year, though not at this hotel. The area is quiet & much more pleasant than where I always used to stay (around LK Metro area)

Having a washing machine is actually a lot easier than taking everything to a laundry shop & waiting to collect it the next day (in my opinion). A big fridge is a must for me, as is a balcony that gets the sun (looks like yours didn't)

Out of curiosity, how did you know many of the guests were Korean ? (and not from another Asian country)

Thanks for the review

@Zauberfee many thanks for the review. I have also stayed at this hotel and agree with your comments. The Altera is part of the @Mind group…Amber, Arbour etc…great hotel brand. I like the Altera location when I’m with my family…quiet but plenty to do on the soi.

On 21/07/2023 at 10:41, jaynewcastle said:

Out of curiosity, how did you know many of the guests were Korean ? (and not from another Asian country)

Koreans have a much different look than chinese or japanese people, so it's not too difficult to spot them.

Plus I've watched a fair amount of korean romcom's in the past to recognize korean language

• Like 1

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed here before back in February for 3 weeks not bad good location and girl friendly

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Zauberfee Many thanks for the hotel review…appreciated.

I know this soi well… must’ve stayed in just about every hotel. As you say it’s a little off the beaten track, but it’s got a sort Village atmosphere to it, and there’s not too far from Soi Six one way - or central road Buhakow the other.

I stayed at the Altera with my family, like all the other @Mind hotels it’s operated to a good standard. Strong on customer service and the design is funky yet functional.

You’re right about the guests, mostly, they’re from Korea…largely families, but also some golf groups.

Yes y the Altera is a decent hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows if the beds are as comfy as Amber Hotel's beds? Looks pretty similar. The best beds I've had in a hotel ever

I know they are owned by the same group.

Price seems very decent, a Deluxe room ends up being around 50% cheaper than staying in Amber hotel on my next trip. (Going to stay a long time, so might as well go for a cheaper hotel this time)

It's a bit far away from the things I usually visit when I'm in Pattaya, but I do like to walk so I don't think it's going to be a problem. I can also just use bolt or their shuttle service.

13 hours ago, komplot said:

Anyone knows if the beds are as comfy as Amber Hotel's beds? Looks pretty similar. The best beds I've had in a hotel ever

This year I stayed at both hotels. imho the beds have the same great quality and are very comfy in both Altera and Amber

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

• 1 month later...

This is where I'm staying, maybe not the best location for my first time in Pattaya but I already booked before finding this website. 

Got one of the suites for 6 days, non refundable so going to make the best of it. Sounds like I'm going to stand out like a sore thumb there!

Thanks for the review.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As mentioned by others located close to Soi 6. It's a perfect location if you're planning to have this street as your main place of operations.

Type of hotel guests: As mentioned I mainly saw a mix of asian hotel guests.

Cleanliness: Though it looked clean, if you searched you could notice some posts weren't properly cleaned. Housekeeping did an OK job in the time I stayed there. But focused on the obvious things. For example the trash in the living area can wasn't cleaned despite me having stuff in there. Bed got done well.

Room: Washing mashing that didn't work when no card present. Room got really hot when AC wasn't running during the day. Bed was nice. The suite I had came with a walk in closest. And the toilet was a Japanese one with controller type bidet.
There was a kitchenette.
Looking at some of the appliances you can see it's a few years old.
Pay attention to the door! It doesn't close itself properly. Sometimes it makes a noise to alert you but that didn't always happen with me.

Pool: As medium pool, located between the hotel part and residence part. They have an open bar near it.

Parking: Section for cars and motors. S

Wi-fi: Speeds weren't the fastest but connection was reliable.

Price: Rooms start around 1700THB through the official site. I got a suite at 2300

Guest policy: Official policy is to register the lady. Though from personal experience you could just walk through

Would I recommend it: For those looking for Soi 6 activities, definitely. Just make sure you get a room on the north or east side.

There were no noise issues staying here. Close to the hotel is also an 7/11 in two direction. One towards Soi 6 and another towards Third Road.
If you got to WS, LK Metro and places more south often this can be quite the trek. Though it's not a major issues but always good to keep in mind.

The room door thing was odd. The door would automatically close but not get into the lock. So if you pushed from the outside it was just open. I had to pull the door closed when I left. And push it close when I entered to make sure it was in the lock.

Two TV in the room but the channels were limited and geared towards Asian networks.

TXM84xdVTa_jmvfT2LEVsnwBuxC5rXRun95II5i1Mien08s6W2PMP28AZjkwDfG3S1K8ZDlARAnFCJyTCP6Q8WLtQoJEmeOeDSGP_hlUCNANx6-WjPQuVnuIv20s-UzQaFXUa7eEdiHQGYJbXcmUWQ

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CaribbeanDelight said:

As mentioned by others located close to Soi 6. It's a perfect location if you're planning to have this street as your main place of operations.

Type of hotel guests: As mentioned I mainly saw a mix of asian hotel guests.

Cleanliness: Though it looked clean, if you searched you could notice some posts weren't properly cleaned. Housekeeping did an OK job in the time I stayed there. But focused on the obvious things. For example the trash in the living area can wasn't cleaned despite me having stuff in there. Bed got done well.

Room: Washing mashing that didn't work when no card present. Room got really hot when AC wasn't running during the day. Bed was nice. The suite I had came with a walk in closest. And the toilet was a Japanese one with controller type bidet.
There was a kitchenette.
Looking at some of the appliances you can see it's a few years old.
Pay attention to the door! It doesn't close itself properly. Sometimes it makes a noise to alert you but that didn't always happen with me.

Pool: As medium pool, located between the hotel part and residence part. They have an open bar near it.

Parking: Section for cars and motors. S

Wi-fi: Speeds weren't the fastest but connection was reliable.

Price: Rooms start around 1700THB through the official site. I got a suite at 2300

Guest policy: Official policy is to register the lady. Though from personal experience you could just walk through

Would I recommend it: For those looking for Soi 6 activities, definitely. Just make sure you get a room on the north or east side.

There were no noise issues staying here. Close to the hotel is also an 7/11 in two direction. One towards Soi 6 and another towards Third Road.
If you got to WS, LK Metro and places more south often this can be quite the trek. Though it's not a major issues but always good to keep in mind.

The room door thing was odd. The door would automatically close but not get into the lock. So if you pushed from the outside it was just open. I had to pull the door closed when I left. And push it close when I entered to make sure it was in the lock.

Two TV in the room but the channels were limited and geared towards Asian networks.

TXM84xdVTa_jmvfT2LEVsnwBuxC5rXRun95II5i1Mien08s6W2PMP28AZjkwDfG3S1K8ZDlARAnFCJyTCP6Q8WLtQoJEmeOeDSGP_hlUCNANx6-WjPQuVnuIv20s-UzQaFXUa7eEdiHQGYJbXcmUWQ

Agree with all comments including how hot the rooms can get with many large windows in one bedroom suites so you have to use the blinds a lot.  I like this place after spending a month there at start of Covid.  Yes location is a bit painful to get to beach or Walking Street by baht bus, but it does force you to use Soi 6 as a pathway to get there so how can that be a bad thing hahaha.

Edited by TNTucker
  • Like 2