IGNORED

JAL vs. ANA

padfoot

Are there any members who have used both ANA and JAL? If so do you prefer one over the other? Is there any significant differences? 

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

3 hours ago, padfoot said:

Are there any members who have used both ANA and JAL? If so do you prefer one over the other? Is there any significant differences? 

Used both and they are much of a muchness. ANA might have slightly better service with a younger crew, but there is not much in it.

JAL have better lounges at Narita and Haneda 

ANA much cheaper at the moment 

• Like 1

I have flown both and I had the opposite experience.

I liked JAL better and I thought the staff was better looking.

Service was great on both.

However, I recall the movie selection was better on ANA.

It is a toss up really.

• Like 2

It sounds like there is not much difference between the two. The price at the time of booking will probably be the deciding factor. Thanks for the feedback.  😎

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

I couldn't care less how pretty or not the cabin crew are.

I have flown JAL many times and I think they are great. I would love to try that new ANA business class suite but have no tfound a competitive price yet.

I've flown both business class many times, to me it's a toss up on price with both being a GOOD experience. 

I agree with all previous posts, lounge far better for JAL in Tokyo, seats great on both (with the exception of ANA the Room which is superior, if you can get "The Room" than go for that 100%), staff wonderful on both. 

I flew ANA yesterday from Chicago on the old business class product and really enjoyed it. 

Toss up for both. Don't like flying through Japan though. 

I assume you are coming out of pocket, so my advice would be go with the one who has a partner carrier with whom you collect frequent flyer miles - it's a long ass flight not to at least get credit for it!

You're in the USA, so I will focus on those.

JAL is Oneworld, so American Airlines or Alaska (BA might also be a choice).

ANA is Star Alliance, so your primary choice is probably United, but given their devaluation, I would look to credit my miles elsewhere, like Air Canada (Aeroplan) or Singapore.  EVA also is an option, but they have limited credit card transfer partners and the miles have a firm expiration date.

On 29/07/2023 at 20:43, direct_voyage said:

I've flown both business class many times, to me it's a toss up on price with both being a GOOD experience. 

I agree with all previous posts, lounge far better for JAL in Tokyo, seats great on both (with the exception of ANA the Room which is superior, if you can get "The Room" than go for that 100%), staff wonderful on both. 

I flew ANA yesterday from Chicago on the old business class product and really enjoyed it. 

This is a bit of "the pot calling the kettle black" since I am one of them, but one reason JAL lounge is better is because the ANA lounge is part of Priority Pass network, so you have far more people with access to it; not just those flying first or biz class.

I freakin' LOVE the Japanese curry in the JAL lounge!

5 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

I freakin' LOVE the Japanese curry in the JAL lounge!

I 100% AGREE!  ANA had self serve of their signature curry, decent but not nearly as good as the JAL lounge version!