IGNORED

Happy Vikings

This bar/restaurant is on Jomtien Beach Road between Sois 2 & 3, next door to Akvavit. It used to be called Vicken’s Kitchen.

The new owners refurbished extensively and have rooms above.

It is open fronted with fans and has live music each night from 7. There are a few ‘proper’ restaurant tables to the left of the bar and a bigger area with lower tables and the stage on the right hand side.

I went with a friend at around 6.30 and our food was a little slow arriving. It got busier after 7 and it was clear the staff were struggling to keep up with demand. Friend ordered dessert and it took 40 minutes to arrive.

It is a Norwegian type menu with reasonable prices, as well as a Thai food section. Most ‘Norwegian’ main courses seem to be around 195 baht with a daily special at 150 baht. There’s also an extensive choice of rolls and open sandwiches.

They have draught Heineken, Carlsberg and SM Light at 105 baht a pint.

I ordered the meatballs with boiled potatoes, red cabbage and brown sauce and it was very tasty and filling:

IMG_3291.jpeg

Friend ordered 3 open sandwiches - 79 baht each or 3 for 195 - and said they were good but the bread was a little dry.

I’m likely to go back and try other menu items.

If you go, don’t expect too much from the live music!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”