Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Concorde

KyleReading

I'd never seen this before on Youtube

Amateur recording obviously at least 20 years ago but if you watch nothing else watch just from 3.00 when it starts its take off roll

250mph at lift off

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My dad got to travel on concorde with work. I did the tour at manchester airport, that was pretty cool too.

• Like 2

I had the chance to fly on Concorde when I worked in Saudi, I regret not doing it now.

2 or 3 times during the time I was there BA put on a Concorde flight to LHR when people were usually going back for the summer. A lot more expensive, obviously, but would have been very nice to say I’d experience it - though I don’t think it went supersonic on that flight.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Used to fly over my house every day at 6pm when I was growing up. The only time I got to go on one was the grounded pre-production model they have on display at the Imperial War Museum, Duxford; well worth a visit if you're ever in the area.

• Like 2

My ex wife worked in the airline office at the Tullamarine airport in Melbourne during the 70's. We got to walk thru the Concorde that was on a promo type visit. I couldn't believe how small it was inside. 

A few days later we were on the roadside near the Runway as it took off......gawd it was fast! 

• Like 1

At Heathrow you could watch Concorde come into land from the car park at the east end of Southern Runway, it almost went over your head.

You could then drive round to the car park alongide the Northern Runway and see another Concorde take off for New York all within the hour. An awesome experience.

On take off it used to set off car alarms in the car park!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tt2008 said:

On take off it used to set off car alarms in the car park!

Can well believe that; it was so much louder than all the other airliners.

The noise from the Rolls Royce engines at the start of the take off roll is colossal from inside the motor (and outside !) compared to the confines of an A380 today

• Like 1

If concorde's speed at take-off was 250mph, the maglev train from Shanghai airport to the city centre is actually faster

Its top speed was around 440kph / 270mph & there is virtually no noise at all (that I can remember)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

the maglev train from Shanghai airport to the city centre is actually faster

In a race across the Atlantic I’d still put my money on the Concorde. 😉

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, manni2011 said:

In a race across the Atlantic I’d still put my money on the Concorde. 😉

I completely agree  :)