IGNORED

Electricity and Water

az89

What rates should I expect to pay for electricity  and water when renting in Jomtien please?

36 minutes ago, az89 said:

What rates should I expect to pay for electricity  and water when renting in Jomtien please?

Electricity can vary between condos. I get my bills direct from PEA and, the best I can work out, I’m paying around 4 baht a unit. You shouldn’t really be charged more than 5 but some places can charge more. My last bill was 2135.84 baht for using 412 units, but that includes a fixed charge and 7% tax. (My aircon is on all night but rarely during the day)

Water is charged directly by the condo itself so can vary, but is never very expensive. I’m charged 40 baht per unit plus 50 baht fixed charge. Also a 5 baht a unit wastewater charge and a 20 baht a month garbage collection fee. My last bill was 295 baht.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I’m currently renting a View Talay condo 48 sq m , I shower 4 times a day, (no washing machine) and my water bill is 160 -200 baht including waste disposal.

3 minutes ago, davidge said:

Electricity can vary between condos. I get my bills direct from PEA and, the best I can work out, I’m paying around 4 baht a unit. You shouldn’t really be charged more than 5 but some places can charge more. My last bill was 2135.84 baht for using 412 units, but that includes a fixed charge and 7% tax.

Water is charged directly by the condo itself so can vary, but is never very expensive. I’m charged 40 baht per unit plus 50 baht fixed charge. Also a 5 baht a unit wastewater charge and a 20 baht a month garbage collection fee. My last bill was 295 baht.

Is that monthly?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Just now, gentleenforcer said:

Is that monthly?

Yes, it was basically a full month. I arrived 25 May and bills were sent out 25 June, so readings would have been a couple of days before. I’ll try to dig out my bills for December & January…

• Like 1

As Davidge said, price will vary some 1000 depend how you run the AC. Due to the constant breeze most days in June, a couple of 16" fans my (power) bill was just shy of thb 1300 (60 sqm condo.

Electricity Tariffs JAN66 Unofficial Translation (2).pdfElectricity Tariffs JAN66 Unofficial Translation (2).pdf

6 minutes ago, davidge said:

Yes, it was basically a full month. I arrived 25 May and bills were sent out 25 June, so readings would have been a couple of days before. I’ll try to dig out my bills for December & January…

I was here from 21 November to 25 January so the December and January bills covered full months.
Electricity: December 1751.79, January 1668.68. 
The bills list previous usage so, including months I wasn’t here (fridge left on) my usage has been 360, 326, 134, 93, 89, 106, 412.

Water has been 205, 250 and the current 295 when I’ve been here and the fixed charges of 70 for the months I wasn’t here.

14 minutes ago, gentleenforcer said:

Is that monthly?

I was more after unit rates than overall but the replies are great , thanks for taking the time👍

I’ve been quoted 8 kWh electricity plus 200 per person water/mth (I hope that’s not per St/Lt) from  a guesthouse  , whilst I look for something more long term.

25 minutes ago, az89 said:

I was more after unit rates than overall but the replies are great , thanks for taking the time👍

I’ve been quoted 8 kWh electricity plus 200 per person water/mth (I hope that’s not per St/Lt) from  a guesthouse  , whilst I look for something more long term.

It’s not unusual for guesthouses to charge that sort of rate for electricity.

I have a condo in VT6 my electricity is in the 2100-3500 range is water about 250-400. 

19 hours ago, az89 said:

8 baht per unit is quite common for a guesthouse. Depending on what type of business that guesthouse is classified as, their rate could higher. The boss lady of a guesthouse showed me her electricity bill, and it worked out to just over 6 baht/unit for her. 

I budget £4 to £5 a day, which covers both electric and water. In July last year my electric bill for the month was around £100. (4000 baht) 

On 04/07/2023 at 18:32, davidge said:

Electricity can vary between condos. I get my bills direct from PEA and, the best I can work out, I’m paying around 4 baht a unit. You shouldn’t really be charged more than 5 but some places can charge more. My last bill was 2135.84 baht for using 412 units, but that includes a fixed charge and 7% tax. (My aircon is on all night but rarely during the day)

Can I ask what brand AC you have? Tossing up between Misub & Daikan 

It's for the main bedroom 

26 minutes ago, Drew57 said:

The one in here is a Daikin. As I’m renting I obviously don’t have any choice but it seems fine to me. I’m in a fairly large studio.

45 minutes ago, Drew57 said:

I've got a fairly new Panasonic split unit AC and operating the tiny bedroom unit for 8-10 hours a night cost me around thb 1000/month.