IGNORED

Electronics service Pattaya?

Brad Pitt

I recently toasted my CD player / plugged it in to a 230v socket (it's a 110v from the U.S.). I usually use a voltage converter but, plugged it in to the wrong output. I opened it up and didn't see any burnt components, no burnt smell. It's a very expensive Tube based player and I'd like to get it looked at.

Does anyone know of a service or person that  might be able to look at it and fix the toasted component(s)? 

3rd road around soi 19 there is a handicapped guy who has a repair shop....place looks a dump from the outside but he is a great sparky and not expensive if he cannot fix it he will tell you beforehand 👍

I'd guess that the tubes ("valves" to our British mates) will likely be wildly expensive and take a long time to get in Thailand if that's what the problem turns out to be.  If the guy mentioned above declines to try fixing it, that's a possible reason, as opposed to it being un-fixable.  

Personally I'd suggest shipping it back to the US for service.  If you live in Thailand permanently, maybe the US repair shop could replace the power supply with one that can handle 220V.

Edit:  You could also ship it back to the manufacturer for service, and also check if they have a repair facility elsewhere in Thailand, e.g. Bangkok.

Edited by Bruce Mangosteen

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

17 hours ago, petermik said:

3rd road around soi 19 there is a handicapped guy who has a repair shop....place looks a dump from the outside but he is a great sparky and not expensive if he cannot fix it he will tell you beforehand 👍

Thanks, any guess the name or store front description ? 

36 minutes ago, Brad Pitt said:

Thanks, any guess the name or store front description ? 

go down 3rd road toward Pattaya Klang he is on the left side between Soi 19 and Soi 21 just look for the little shop that looks like shit it does look like a dump but the guy knows his stuff. It is closer to Soi 19 than Soi 21

• Like 2

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif