IGNORED

Grab taxis?

Hamchang

Just a quick one as I have not been to TH for a while and back in September. My work is letting me work remotely whilst in Thailand (no annual leave taken) to extend my trip and i plan on taking a house on the dark side where I used to live. Do the grab taxis pick up from there or is it still a pain in the arse getting to town in the evening? 

Bolt pick up and there is usually a minimal time for wait.

• Like 3

image.png

Cheers - Was about to edit and add Bolt to that as well. Good news then. And not to milk it, Are they OK for shooting around the dark side as well? When I left the all out assualt by plod on farangs on Scooters was launching so I assume that is still going strong? 

They will take you anywhere on the Darkside. I would not risk drink driving if I were you.

image.png

Bolt excelent service for dark side. Cost runs around 150 /170 baht to town evenings. Also have booking bike option if that your prefered method. Cars for me 

I exclusively use Bolt. Its always cheaper and I have never had issues. 

I live on the Darkside and use Bolt motorbike taxis to visit the bars in my area, home to the bars about 40 baht/5 minute wait time, Bolt to visit Soi Buakow/LK Metro about 60 baht on a motorbike or 150b in a car.

One problem about catching a ride back to the Darkside is many Bolt taxis don't want to drive back at 2am as they won't pick-up a customer to return back to town and will try to up the double the price.