IGNORED

247 Hotel - Anything I need to know?

Bobson VaGene

Got 8 days booked here in a mini suite in mid August. 

Obviously not the most quietest of hotels but for me being spitting distance from my favourite bars & girls is more important. 

A few questions are: 

• Direction to ask for a room that's quieter?

• Best place nearby to get my passport & arrival pages photocopied?

• Best Thai & Western food options nearby?

• Like 1

@Bobson VaGene Stayed there a couple of times a few years ago. Good hotel, but since Treetown is in a really noisy spot. Answering your questions:

* ask for a room on the soi honey side (i.e. not backing on to Treetown)

* the hotel will copy your documents for you

* as you exit the hotel turn right down towards second Road and you will find Hemingway’s… top Thai and Falang food.

Edited by LOTTELLEE WINNA
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

@Bobson VaGene Stayed there a couple of times a few years ago. Good hotel, but since Treetown is in a really noisy spot. Answering your questions:

* ask for a room on the soi honey side (i.e. not backing on to Treetown)

* the hotel will copy your documents for you

* as you exit the hotel turn right down towards second Road and you will find Hemingway’s… top Thai and Falang food.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

if you get a tree town facing room, 247 is extremely noisy nowadays. i'm generally not someone that is noise sensitive, but the noise level is extreme and i'll never stay there again. it used to be my default choice pre covid and i stayed there close to 10 times. 

so that might give you an indication how bad it is now. it feels like you have a room right next to a music stage. even with closed windows, you have a constant annoying music noise level until tree town closes, i guess 3am currently. 

i really liked it in the past, but i won't be staying there anymore in the future, unless once i'm already in pattaya and can go to the reception and make sure that a specific room is available. 

personally, if you're there and can't cancel: i highly recommend to ask for room 209 (or 309, 409, 509). the room goes neither towards tree town nor towards soi honey, instead it's kind of like towards a court room that is towards the buakhaow side. noise wise it's clearly the best option imho. if you're able to get this room, tree town noise won't bother you and i can highly recommend the hotel, but just with this specific room (or the one next to it).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

1 hour ago, Bobson VaGene said:

@petehoax Which number of those rooms is the Mini Suite?

none of those afaik. they're all normal (small) rooms. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Well I booked & paid for a Mini Suite, so while I'll try to get one facing Soi 11 I'm not going to voluntarily downgrade.

2 hours ago, Bobson VaGene said:

Well I booked & paid for a Mini Suite, so while I'll try to get one facing Soi 11 I'm not going to voluntarily downgrade.

The "mini suites" are excellent rooms.  I had one in 2020,  and found it really comfortable and spacious, with a good, practical layout.  The large shower stall next to the bath was particularly good.

My room was on the top floor,  and did face Tree Town.   The noise was really noticeable,  but I managed to sleep through it.   Tree Town has opened more bars since then,  so I don't know how much worse the noise would be.

I'd really like to stay there again,  because everything else about the location and the room was so good.  I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about the noise level after your trip.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

@ocka Good to hear you enjoyed the Mini Suite.

I got a pretty good deal during August low season on Agoda, 8 nights inc Breakfast for $600 so $75 a night. Seen the same room on Agoda for close enough to $1200 + Breakfast $45 per day during June or July.

8 hours ago, Bobson VaGene said:

@ocka Good to hear you enjoyed the Mini Suite.

I got a pretty good deal during August low season on Agoda, 8 nights inc Breakfast for $600 so $75 a night. Seen the same room on Agoda for close enough to $1200 + Breakfast $45 per day during June or July.

That's a good price even if you don't bother with the breakfast.  I'm not sure if the breakfast will actually be any good or not.  I think you have to go to the hotel Acqua for it.  I had one meal in their restaurant during my last stay,  and thought the food was a bit bland.  (There is no restaurant in 247.)

12 hours ago, Bobson VaGene said:

I've stayed in a mini-suite at 247 pre-Covid and think it's a great room. I am pretty sure all the mini-suites are on the Treetown side of the building though. You might ask for a high floor but I suspect there will be nothing you can do about the Treetown noise with that room style choice. Maybe pick up a box of those foam earplugs to put in when it's time to sleep... 

For copies, if there aren't too many copies, I'd ask the desk if they will do it for you. 

• Like 2

I think like @petehoax does

I use to stay there but now consider it is an insane idea to stay there.

Ever since TreeTown grew to a much larger size than it use to be well before Covid arrived the hotel has been a no go 

If the rooms were $1 a night I wouldn't stay there now

• Like 3

I stayed there in May on the 2nd or 3rd floor facing tree town. I didn't find it too bad but I am probably going deaf.

I've stayed in the mini suite over 10 times multiple rooms and floors. They all face tree town and it is loud at night. Never really bothered me but I probably am legally deaf. None of my overnight companions ever complained. I love the area there. 

I got a regular room booked here for October. I'm slightly apprehensive about the noise and I did ask for a quiet room when booking but others have indicated that the hotel might prefer to give these to walk-ins or people that book directly with the hotel.

Otherwise this hotel just checks all of my requirements. Location is excellent, the rooms look well kept and all rooms have a sofa which I really like for various naughty reasons. And for 750thb per night I just feel I can't get any better value.

If it does turn out that the noise really is unbearable I guess I just have more reason to get out and party rather than sit in my room all day 😂

Edited by Caipirinha
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/07/2023 at 19:22, Caipirinha said:

I got a regular room booked here for October. I'm slightly apprehensive about the noise and I did ask for a quiet room when booking but others have indicated that the hotel might prefer to give these to walk-ins or people that book directly with the hotel.

Otherwise this hotel just checks all of my requirements. Location is excellent, the rooms look well kept and all rooms have a sofa which I really like for various naughty reasons. And for 750thb per night I just feel I can't get any better value.

If it does turn out that the noise really is unbearable I guess I just have more reason to get out and party rather than sit in my room all day 😂

750THB is a great price mate. Top hotel in a prime location.

On 13/07/2023 at 05:22, Caipirinha said:

It's not the noise in the day that will be the problem!

I stayed a few times at 247 pre-covid before Treetown became a hot spot. One night the music was incredibly loud from a bar that was right against the wall of the hotel. This was like at 2 in the morning. Somehow the metal roof or being against the hotel amplified the sound. I begged the front desk to let me change rooms (I was on the fourth floor facing Treetown), but they wouldn't let me. Fortunately it only happened the one night. I can't imagine what the noise is like now!

• Like 3