IGNORED

Any Suggestions?

jhave67

Starting to look at booking  hotel for a week plus in March-April '24. Haven't been to LOS for about 15 years now. Used to stay at the Diamond Beach hotel back in the day. Looks like its closed now? Anyway, looking for something nice, relatively affordable, and in the middle of the action.  Would like a balcony, but not necessity. Unfortunately, I'm still a smoker, so that is a requirement for me. I was looking at Areca Lodge, but it looks like its non-smoking. I'm also technologically illiterate. What's the difference between using Agoda or Booking.com as opposed to just booking on the hotel's website? Anyway, thanks for any suggestions.

Page 10 hotel situated down soi 10 is a decent hotel and cant be beaten for location, but obviously your budget will determine where you can afford to stay. I usually book with Agoda so in fairness i cant really compare between them and direct through the hotels website, all i can say is as far as my Agoda bookings go i cant remember having any problems, its always gone smoothly and satisfactory and basically thats what everyone wants, regarding differences in price i really wouldnt know but booking sites do sometimes have offers.

If you are looking for a budget-friendly hotel near Areca Lodge, I recommend Golden Sea Pattaya. It is centrally located on soi Buakhao. The rooms cost around 900 Bath and there is little price difference between low and high season. I was given a room facing away from the traffic on the inner wing. Although it is a busy road, there was little noise. The mattresses were good, safe in the room. I would say that it is difficult to get better value for money if you are looking for a hotel with a swimming pool in the middle of Pattaya. If you bring a girl with you, it's free. With guest number two will cost you 500 Bath. Smoking is permitted, but only in designated areas. I don't smoke myself, but I know smokers who have stayed at the hotel.

Recommend you use Agoda.com instead of the hotel's own homepage. Many of the hotels listed on Agoda have free cancellation. If the unexpected happens, for example illness, a pandemic or conditions around the hotel, you can cancel and get your money back. If you book through the hotel's own website, you follow their policy. It is also not always possible to book rooms through the hotels' own websites. They put that part of the operation to, for example, Agoda.com. If you book several hotel stays through Agoda, you have gathered everything in one place and it is easier to keep order. Although Agoda charges for its services, it is often cheaper to book through Agoda than through the hotels' own websites.

Edited by erektus

1 hour ago, erektus said:

Although Agoda charges for its services, it is often cheaper to book through Agoda than through the hotels' own websites.

Yes but... check the hotel's own website too and the conditions.

Agoda pricing can be confusing. Does it include all taxes? They may add up to ~ 17%. Is breakfast included in the price.

Sometimes I have found Agoda or another site has the best rate; other times it has been direct is better.

Search and see. trivago.com - The #1 Hotel Price Comparison is a good start, saves you going on forever.

21 hours ago, erektus said:

If you are looking for a budget-friendly hotel near Areca Lodge, I recommend Golden Sea Pattaya.

Do these rooms come with a walk in-shower? As i hate taking a shower while standing in a bathtub. Nearly broke my neck last year at ashlee hubs hotel in Phuket after a shower with my rented ST-teerak when i slipped.

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!