IGNORED

Page 10 vs Intimate vs The Stay

rated

I have stayed on Page 10 in the past and like it. 

I was wondering if I should book that again or try something else.

Found those similar, and how do they hold against Page 10? The rooms look decent on The Stay's website but not that great in reviewers' photos. Is it that deceiving?

Thanks

I've stayed at both in the past, as you're aware soi 10 is a fantastic location and if i was pushed i'd opt for Page 10 merely because i stopped there more recently than the stay so any memories are a bit more clearer, the stay is a great second choice though cos even though it was awhile ago i remember thinking i would happily stay there again, if you like a pool the stay's pool is much better.

I’ve only stayed at The Intimate hotel out of the 3, so can’t make a comparison. However, if I want a hotel again in Pattaya I would stay there again. 
it was quiet, girl friendly, decent room with jacuzzi and a great location. Only con was the balcony was enclosed, but that helped with the noise reduction which was important to me. 

I've stayed at all three of your listed hotels. My regular spot is The Stay, and I've stayed in both the regular and suite rooms at The Stay. All of them are fine IMO. I'm a light sleeper, so I'd be hesitant with a street-facing room at Page 10, but that's my only hesitation.

Because I drive to Pattaya, and most don't, The Stay is my top choice for ease of parking. Intimate hotel is on a narrow cul-de-sac and is awful to get in and out of with a car. Page 10 has basement parking which I try to avoid when possible (especially during rainy season). 

My own recommendation would be to go ahead and try all three, and then make up your own mind from your own experience. 

• Like 2

I only stayed at the The Stay hotel, so I cant compare all 3 of them. 

Nice big rooms, with an outdated TV. Nice bathroom, with a large shower. The shower unfortunately had small quirks during my visit, as I didn't have hot water in the evening/night for the first few days. The bed is large, but was a bit too hard for me. Pillows were then again better than the Blackwoods hotel I booked on my first trip. The highlight for me was the couch, as it was comfortable. The big negative point about the room, were the ants. I didn't have them all over the room, but near the fridge. And they were not less over the 10 days. Otherwise, I can not say anything bad about the room / the hotel
The location is top, because you are within 5 minutes on Beach Road and within 5 minutes at the 7 Eleven. It is also quiet at night because there are no bars in the immediate vicinity. 
I have booked the Amethyst hotel for my next trip, but I'm actually thinking of switching back to The Stay hotel, since you can get the room for half the price. 

I stayed in Intimate last year (December 2022). I found the location OK (I did not particularly like the cul de sac).

The hotel and rooms were fine (I got a good deal on Agoda) but I would say that the fixtures and fittings looked “tired” and the linen was a little threadbare.

@Stillearly was a fan I believe and might have stayed there more recently.

Years ago, I have stayed at all three also.

They are all very close:

Ratings by hotel-

• Intimate = 4
  • Page 10 = 4
  • Stay = 3.5

Review rating by guests-

• Intimate = 8.1
  • Page 10 = 8.2
  • Stay = 8.3

Rating for location-

• Intimate = 8.5
  • Page 10 = 8.8
  • Stay = 8.9

Add them up and they are all within .4 of each other-

• Intimate = 20.6
  • Page 10 = 21
  • Stay 20.9

Yes, you can add up more factors but the guest ratings include numerous categories as it is.

If you went with the best total cost, that might be your best answer.

On 26/06/2023 at 23:02, David2268 said:

Only con was the balcony was enclosed, but that helped with the noise reduction which was important to me. 

Guess it might differ between the rooms. My room had an open balcony where smoking was allowed. So I guess you could always ask if that is important.

I was also happy with my stay there and will probably repeat it next time. 

Edited by FarangBear

On 28/06/2023 at 10:54, cashpoint said:

I stayed in Intimate last year (December 2022). I found the location OK (I did not particularly like the cul de sac).

The hotel and rooms were fine (I got a good deal on Agoda) but I would say that the fixtures and fittings looked “tired” and the linen was a little threadbare.

@Stillearly was a fan I believe and might have stayed there more recently.

I stayed there in March , the hotel has been looking tired for sometime now , but I was only paying 1k a night .. so felt it was worth it , I wouldn't stay there if normal prices ( 2k+ ) were being charged ...

it was my go to place for ten years , but I feel there are better options now 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Stayed at Intimate years ago an found it ok but wouldnt stay again. Cant comment on "The Stay" never stayed there but I would stay at Page 10 again!