IGNORED

About visa run

Funny time

Hello, everyone 

anyone knows how many times can come back to Thailand as a US passport holder . I have used visa exception twice this year . I will be leaving Thailand next month. I am not sure if I still can come back again this year . When I come back to BKK last time , the immigration complaint I stayed in Thailand so long. Is visa run still available in Thailand ?

Depends on the immigration agent. You might be okay you might be turned away. It’s twice officially. You might want to book some dental work and show them the confirmation if they ask why you’re entering again. 

45 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

Depends on the immigration agent. You might be okay you might be turned away. It’s twice officially. You might want to book some dental work and show them the confirmation if they ask why you’re entering again. 

Thanks a lot . I will make an appointment for dental . That’s a good idea 

how long did you stay in thailand on each previous visa exemption? 

if you're actually a tourist on somewhat short visits, then it's very unlikely that you'll run into problems. if you stayed each time for 30+30 days (or 45+30 days) and then do a visa run and return the next day, then they might not let you in. 

based on the guy already complaining the last time you entered, it sounds like you're in the later situation and live (and probably work) in thailand and abuse visa exemptions for living there. they might let you in a 3rd time, but generally that's probably the last time that this will work. they might also already not let you in. 
Did you have a note in the passport after the last visit or was everything stamped completely normal? 

fwiw: if you've been in thailand for the last 5 months and then do a visa run and return and your "excuse" is that you have a dentist appointment, then that will probably not matter at all. they might still decline you if you think you're not a real tourist. 

and no matter what you do: i've heard the recommendation to avoid any female immigration agents and any young guys as well. Best is to try to find a lazy old thai guy who doesn't give a shit and just stamps your passport and winks you through. i'd also make sure to carry over 20k thb in cash (or thb equivalent). just in case they ask for it. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Thank you for you reply . I have stayed in Thailand 3 months, also did visa extensions for next month. Last time ,I stayed in Malaysia 2 more days . When I come back to BKK , a young lady officer with poor English complaint , then she asked her supervisor in Thai . Finally she give me a stamp and told me they will not let me in next time . Maybe I will move to Malaysia for 3 months. 

3 hours ago, Funny time said:

Hello, everyone 

anyone knows how many times can come back to Thailand as a US passport holder . I have used visa exception twice this year . I will be leaving Thailand next month. I am not sure if I still can come back again this year . When I come back to BKK last time , the immigration complaint I stayed in Thailand so long. Is visa run still available in Thailand ?

Are you really from the USA?  Your use of English is strange. 

Or maybe you've stayed in Thailand so long, you are use to speaking like that?

Either way.   Try to get a legit visa if you plan on staying long term.  Those border runs are not worth the stress it you can avoid it.

16 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

It’s twice officially

This applies to arrival by land border. At any rate, I would recommend getting a visa. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

15 hours ago, Funny time said:

When I come back to BKK , a young lady officer with poor English complaint , 

We know the feeling!