IGNORED

Questions about UK holiday visa for Thai girl

chunk

I've got a couple of questions I'm sure some of the more knowledgeable posters on here could help me out with, it's about a quite unusual situation, but I'll try and explain as best I can.

I have a mate from the UK who's been seeing the same Thai girl for about 5 years now, he does 2 trips a years, both for 1 month and stays with her exclusively, over the years they've travelled all over Thailand together and when he's back home they videocall pretty much every night.

He tells me she keeps asking him to sponsor her for a visa for the UK so she can have a holiday with him in his country, he says he would like to but can't as, in his words "I don't want the UK government prying into my business". He's asked me if I could sponsor her for him.

This has obviously got me wondering about my mate and if he's involved in anything he shouldn't be so I've told him I'd consider it if he's straight with me and tells me what he's trying to hide. He's told me that, as a self employed person, he's "maybe not up to date with his tax returns".

So, my questions are these;

How deep do the UK authorities look into your affairs?

Is it wise for me try and sponsor the girl and could I get into trouble if I do?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to reply, although I get the feeling I'll be told not to be stupid and questioned about why I'm friends with a tax dodging scumbag.

Well first off I wouldn't sponsor someone elses girl. Apart from anything else you would need to show proof of an ongoing relationship in the form of pics together, social media chats, visits to see her in Thailand etc.

As for your friends finances, if he sponsors her financially he will need to show ability to sponsor her in the form of 6 months bank statements, income and savings. Wether he can do that that without disclosing the income he doesn't want seen only he knows.

There are other things the sponsor and the girl would need to provide as well, but those two are relevant to your post.

Over the years I have sponsored 3 girls for UK visas (2 Thai and 1 filipina), all got the visa, but I was in a relationship with all of them at the time and we could show everything that is required when applying for it.

Sounds iffy. While I don't think you could get in any trouble, I wouldn't get involved. Has trouble written all over it. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

9 minutes ago, shagwell said:

Well first off I wouldn't sponsor someone elses girl. Apart from anything else you would need to show proof of an ongoing relationship in the form of pics together, social media chats, visits to see her in Thailand etc.

As for your friends finances, if he sponsors her financially he will need to show ability to sponsor her in the form of 6 months bank statements, income and savings. Wether he can do that that without disclosing the income he doesn't want seen only he knows.

There are other things the sponsor and the girl would need to provide as well, but those two are relevant to your post.

Over the years I have sponsored 3 girls for UK visas (2 Thai and 1 filipina), all got the visa, but I was in a relationship with all of them at the time and we could show everything that is required when applying for it.

All of this. Need to prove your relationship. And also need to prove she has reasons to return to Thailand (job, property, etc).

Tell him you will do it but you want to throw a few loads into her weekly. Has to look legit for visa purposes 

Your mate sounds pretty stupid to be honest to come up with such an idea, don't follow in his footsteps

I would be cautious in case you find " the perfect woman" and want to take her to the UK.As all information about this time will be recorded.

4 hours ago, Wiley Coyote said:

I would be cautious in case you find " the perfect woman" and want to take her to the UK.As all information about this time will be recorded.

Thanks, that's a good point. My mate can sponsor his own bird.