Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hideaway or The Nest

Doubleh

I've got my first post covid trip coming up for 2 weeks in October. I used to stay at the Boomerang which is no more 😞 , so I'm looking for something similar and like the look of the Hideaway and The Nest. Are the roadworks finished on Soi 15 and how noisy is it at the front rooms (balconys) at the Nest? happy to take any other suggestions Cheers🍻

Nest for me because it is indoors and I am a non-smoker.

Though they do have outside seats that allow smoking.

Edited by LASportsNut
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Doubleh said:

I've got my first post covid trip coming up for 2 weeks in October. I used to stay at the Boomerang which is no more 😞 , so I'm looking for something similar and like the look of the Hideaway and The Nest. Are the roadworks finished on Soi 15 and how noisy is it at the front rooms (balconys) at the Nest? happy to take any other suggestions Cheers🍻

roadworks near the hideaway in Soi 15 have been dormant since mid october 2022. the boss did tell me he had double glazed windows fitted

Never stayed at the Hideaway but the food is top notch for a very reasonable price. The road machines seem to have moved from Soi 15 so it should be quieter than Soi Diana. A friend stayed at the nest and said forget about sleeping until at least 3 am. All of the LK noise gets through to the room.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve stayed at both, most recently The Nest. The room at the nest had been freshened up and was fine,  however the bathroom wasn’t in great condition with the sink coming away from the wall and the grouting falling out. I have not stayed at the Hideaway for a while but the last time I did the room was good. My recommendation would be The Hideaway
Like you I was a Boomerang resident

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

29 minutes ago, Pattaya_mad said:

What happened to the boomerang?

Converted in Gentleman club..4-5 years ago

I've just stayed for the 3rd time at Hideaway and would definitely recommend it. Andy is a great host and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are big, the bed is comfortable, and the windows are double-glazed to block out some noise. Boomerang doesn't get that noisy so I've never had any issues with being kept awake or woken up. 

There is no lift/elevator so if 3 flights of stairs would be an issue ask for a room on a lower floor. One side overlooks Soi Boomerang and the other Soi 15

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed in both. Bathroom is very small in both, thats also the reason you find nearly no pictures of it. Like someone else said, no chance to sleep before 3am at the Nest. Fine if you dont intend want to sleep before 3am. Both Restaurants downstairs are good (at least for me). Nest is cheaper. Location is fine for both. Cant enter Nest without someone seeing you, Hideaway has seperate entrance. ID Collection at Nest, not at Hideaway. Rooms are good in both guesthouses. For me Hideaway wins, because i sometimes like to sleep before 3am, esp. when i am sick (and i always get sick for some time when im in Pattaya).

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the nice comments. Don't forget to contact us direct, we will be able to give you a better price than Online Travel Agencies.

The Nest has two or three karaoke bars across from it and the noise level is unbearable until 0300.

I went to the Areca Lodge and found a new home as it is much better

On 20/08/2023 at 13:17, Hideaway said:

Thanks for the nice comments. Don't forget to contact us direct, we will be able to give you a better price than Online Travel Agencies.

Thanks Andy, I am aready booked at the Hideaway for early Oct.

I stayed at the Nest and quite liked it, the staff was great and enjoyed the restaurant. That said, you will not get much sleep before 3am so be prepared. Location is 10/10.