Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Agoda ,work this out !

oldmanemu53

So I am a VIP customer with Agoda means I made 34 bookings last year ,so I log in and get a price for a hotel in July in Pattaya for 4 nights.

Now remember I'm supposed to be one of their VIP customer so the quoted price for the room is 3,800 baht 

Now I use my other phone and without logging into Agoda I put the exact dates down for the same hotel and same room, it comes back as 3400 baht 

So can anyone work that out 🤣

Edited by oldmanemu53

Always check prices on a few platforms. Price can vary between the app and website. Prices can also change pretty much by the hour.

Worth checking prices on comparison websites and Google Maps works well too. Often Agoda is the cheapest and you can still grab that price and then log into your account for the booking and use and/or get Agoda rewards.

Often the difference in price is negligible but sometimes can be a big saving particularly if staying more than a couple of days. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have been a Platinum member of Agoda for a few years.  I tend to  use Agoda in Asia as it is generally the cheapest. 

What is the price range of the hotels you are booking?  I have sound that hotels of $150/night or so have given me wither savings or free breakfast. 

But when you get down to $50/night, that is where the situation you discuss happens often. I always check on TripAdvisor or one of the other consolidators. Plus I also use Google Maps to search the area and the specific hotel I am looking at.  It is not uncommon to find that Google Maps link to Agoda gives me a 10% cheaper price than if I go straight through Agoda

Same here with Agoda....I usually book on my mobile but through Tripadviser or Google and get a cheaper price THEN I log into my account.....

Agoda prices bounce around.

If you google the hotel and check prices then link to Agoda through others such as trip advisor, the rate is often better.

Check a few sites

Book free cancellation pay later and keep checking.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, LRanger said:

Agoda prices bounce around.

If you google the hotel and check prices then link to Agoda through others such as trip advisor, the rate is often better.

Check a few sites

Book free cancellation pay later and keep checking.

I never thought of that ...thanks 👍

I had VIP customer status with Agoda a few years back when I was travelling more, and I didn't notice any discount on prices whatsoever. There were other perks, but not on the actual price. I also saw different prices on different devices, perhaps because I was on a VPN on my laptop and later on local 4G on my mobile. Also, like many sites, if you surf on a potential booking, don't book and then come back and search the same thing again, the price mysteriously hikes up (possibly because their algorithms think you are eager/ready to book by coming back again). When that happens, simply clear your cookies/cache and restart the browser, which usually resets the price to the true default. For the same reason, I never log in to my Agoda account before searching, only when I'm ready to proceed to the payment page.

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

I use Booking.com because there I can see the final price, whereas Agoda and other look cheap at first but add taxes later.

I also experienced prices rising after continuing surfing, the same on flight sides like Momondo. You return after a while with the same device and get a higher count. When you log in with another device prices might be different (lower).