IGNORED

Re entry visas ?

az89

Will shortly be going down the 12 month visa extension/ retirement route.

A few re entry visa questions if I may

1.Does a METV need to be renewed every year and if so what is the cost?

2.Is there a time limit with a METV I can leave the country for before coming back assuming it’s within my Thai visa extension expiry date?

3. If I wanted to go out and back of Thailand within my 12 month visa extension based on retirement unexpectedly what would be the process if I did not get a METV initially and again is there a time limit for being out of the country?

Thank you.

Edited by az89
Spelling

Sorry but I’m not clear about what visa you intend to get. METV usually refers to a Multiple Entry Tourist Visa which obviously isn’t what you’ll have as you mentioned Retirement.

For Retirement you will either get a Non O-A, which lasts 12 months and is multiple entry, or you get a Non O which lasts 3 months and is usually single entry.

Both of these can then be used to get your stay Extended Annually for 12 months at a time.

If you plan on continuing to get Extensions indefinitely then I would strongly recommend you get the Non O as it does not require local Thai Health insurance for Extensions and the Non O-A does.

You can either get the Non O from London before travelling and then extend here in Thailand or you can enter on a Tourist Visa, or even Visa Exempt, and then convert here in Thailand- either yourself or through an agent.

I’m happy to clarify further once you’ve said more about your intentions.

To actually answer your original question, if you have a Non O-A then you do not need a Re-entry Permit during the 12-month validity of the original visa. If you have a Non O then you do need a Re-entry Permit before you leave Thailand.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

It will be entry on visa exemption then converted to non O and extended for 12 months for retirement.

It will be done through an agent.

Sory for being so unclear.

Edited by az89

9 minutes ago, az89 said:

It will be entry on visa exemption then converted to non O and extended.

So then just get a multiple entry non-o, then you can come and go as you please.

Ask your agent.

Edited by WhiteThai

22 minutes ago, az89 said:

It will be entry on visa exemption then converted to non O and extended for 12 months for retirement.

Sory for being so unclear.

No problem. So you will need a Multiple Re-Entry permit. Agent will get it at same time as Extension. About an extra 4500 baht I think.

19 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

So then just get a multiple entry non-o, then you can come and go as you please.

Ask your agent.

They don’t give multiple entry Non-O within Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, davidge said:

No problem. So you will need a Multiple Re-Entry permit. Agent will get it at same time as Extension. About an extra 4500 baht I think.

They don’t give multiple entry Non-O within Thailand.

Then what do I have? It just says non-immigrant multiple entry. Is the non-o different?

9 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Then what do I have? It just says non-immigrant multiple entry. Is the non-o different?

The stamp I got in passport for a multible entry " immigrant" 12 mth visa read NON-IMM 2-3 places in the stamp but as we are talking about an official Thai stamp, odds that being the name are slim

So if I don’t get the multiple re entry permit when the agent initially gets the Non immigrant O and extension for me, and then say 6 months later I need to leave for a month what are my options?

Edited by az89

4 minutes ago, az89 said:

So if I don’t get the multiple re entry permit when the agent initially gets the Non immigrant O for me, and then say 6 months later I need to leave for a month what are my options?

Apply for a re-entry permit at Immi. Believe its thb 1900 a pop

Is there a time limit I can be out of the country before I re enter with a re-entry permit ? edit , just found out there is not as long as you return within the extension validity date.

Also does the METV need renewing every time you get a 12 month extension ?

Edited by az89

36 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

The stamp I got in passport for a multible entry " immigrant" 12 mth visa read NON-IMM 2-3 places in the stamp but as we are talking about an official Thai stamp, odds that being the name are slim

Mine says the same NON-IMM, is that a non-o? 

20 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

No idea. As most don't go down the DIY road but use an agent and name on the street is retirement visa; who cares what the official name is😋

30 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

I think you’re talking about your Re-entry Permit?

It says NON-IMM at the top, ONE for Number of Persons and MULTIPLE under that.

1 hour ago, az89 said:

So if I don’t get the multiple re entry permit when the agent initially gets the Non immigrant O and extension for me, and then say 6 months later I need to leave for a month what are my options?

As long as you get one before you leave the country you are fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1