IGNORED

Hilton upgrade chances in a Oct/Nov?

Samf

thinking to about staying at the Hilton next trip, I have gold status, anyone stayed around beginning of high season and successfully got upgraded with gold?  I’ve read mixed reviews where people with diamond didn’t get upgraded but people with silver did, so curious as to people’s experiences here

thanks

I guess it depends on the booking situation. But be aware, you will not get upgraded above executive room level as Gold. I had booked an Ocean Front Room, no upgrade for me, because I booked a higher level then they would upgrade a Gold Member. How do I know? Because I asked.

In a later booking I just booked basic room, promptly got an upgrade to exec level. All bookings outside of high season. But even in low season the hotel got very busy and was, at some days, fully booked. I know because I had to change rooms and had to wait several hours before a new room was ready.

37 minutes ago, ZRHuser said:

I guess it depends on the booking situation. But be aware, you will not get upgraded above executive room level as Gold. I had booked an Ocean Front Room, no upgrade for me, because I booked a higher level then they would upgrade a Gold Member. How do I know? Because I asked.

In a later booking I just booked basic room, promptly got an upgrade to exec level. All bookings outside of high season. But even in low season the hotel got very busy and was, at some days, fully booked. I know because I had to change rooms and had to wait several hours before a new room was ready.

Thanks for the info.  The ones with the balcony plunge pools are all suites right?  I know their official policy is golds don’t get suites but I’ve gotten lucky a few times in Asia.  The thing that got me interested in Hilton is the plunge pool, but at over 300 usd a night that’s probably too much for a multi week stay so maybe I’ll do a few nights there and a few nights in VT6

btw was your room noisy?  I read some complaints about the noise there

6 minutes ago, Samf said:

Thanks for the info.  The ones with the balcony plunge pools are all suites right?  I know their official policy is golds don’t get suites but I’ve gotten lucky a few times in Asia.  The thing that got me interested in Hilton is the plunge pool, but at over 300 usd a night that’s probably too much for a multi week stay so maybe I’ll do a few nights there and a few nights in VT6

btw was your room noisy?  I read some complaints about the noise there

I did not hear noise from the neighbouring rooms, but had no party animals near me. Outside noise: Front room, noise from the street. Walking Street side, most quiet room. North Pattaya side, just on the balcony from Soi 7/8, but imho not disturbing. No noise inside. Noise level from the outside may be dependent on the floor and how far you are to the front or back of the building.