Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Who here thinks True 5G service SUCKS??

MudslideMike

4 minutes ago, swede37 said:

Yeah only getting 12/12Mbit 250ms so it sucks alright

What do U pay and is it the same thru the day? Lots of relay station are overloaded in areas where a particular provider is popular.

34 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

What do U pay and is it the same thru the day? Lots of relay station are overloaded in areas where a particular provider is popular.

999 at the airport 30day tourist sim unlimited 5g

You never notice its just 12mbit when using phone and computer. Everything plays without buffering. But if I had a 4k tv in the room it would be noticeable of course.

Edited by swede37

9 hours ago, swede37 said:

999 at the airport 30day tourist sim unlimited 5g

You never notice its just 12mbit when using phone and computer. Everything plays without buffering. But if I had a 4k tv in the room it would be noticeable of course.

I'm not aware of which area of Pattaya is covered by True 5G. If there is no 5G available in the area you'll have 4G unlimited which correspond with the speed you get. If there is 5G coverage and you only get 12mbit I would contact customer service

58 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

I'm not aware of which area of Pattaya is covered by True 5G. If there is no 5G available in the area you'll have 4G unlimited which correspond with the speed you get. If there is 5G coverage and you only get 12mbit I would contact customer service

I am at Areca Lodge and the phone says 5G. My phone resolution is 1440p and tv in hotel is 1080p so 12mbit is enough but its a bit annoying to not get what you paid for.

The high ping is the worst for me as I am using vpn to my homerouter and throughput is affected when the ping is high.

Screenshot_2023-06-12-10-41-32-716_com.brave.browser-edit.jpg

1 hour ago, Arnie85 said:

So use AIS next time. 

Yeah will try another operator next time. if someone can do a speedtest and show speed and ping for their operator that would be helpful in choosing

It’s going to totally depend on the location and how many other people are using it at the time.  I’ve never had any problems with AIS in Pattaya. 

I have two SIMs; an AIS 8mbps unlimited internet in my phone, and a DTAC 30mbps unlimited SIM in my 4G router. Located in south Pattaya, the AIS one gives me the 8mbps that it advertises, while the DTAC one is overall faster, but when downloading large files, I can see the speed fluctuate between 10mbps on the low end and the full 30mbps on the high end. Can't comment on True or 5G speeds.