Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Debua, Acqua or Bay Breeze?

Orgynizer

Hi folks,

What do you think is best for having both a decent size and a good room layout: Bay Breeze (room type "Suite"), Acqua (room type "Junior Suite") or Debua (room type "King Master")?

Debua claims that the King Master room size is 80 sqm, but I have some doubts about this when I check the room pictures on their Facebook page 🤨.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Orgy

If I'm not mistaken Bay Breeze is under renovation.

Edited by Rocketboy

If bay breeze is the hotel directly across Hemingway's on soi honey, then yes it is definitely under a major renovation. I think saw a sign said closed for a few months 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

If I'm not mistaken Bay Breeze is under renovation.

Yes, it is. But it is planned to be back on September 1st.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Orgynizer said:

Hi folks,

What do you think is best for having both a decent size and a good room layout: Bay Breeze (room type "Suite"), Acqua (room type "Junior Suite") or Debua (room type "King Master")?

Debua claims that the King Master room size is 80 sqm, but I have some doubts about this when I check the room pictures on their Facebook page 🤨.

Any recommendations?

Cheers,

Orgy

I have only stayed at regular room in Bay breeze many years ago for a couple of nights and have never stayed at Aqua.  However, I was quite impressed with the Debua Junior suite for 7 days about 3 months ago.  Seems to be lots of threads on Amethyst and on my inspection Debua was much better value, although there are some new hotel issues(booking online, safes, new style no closet bedrooms, etc if these bother you.  Beds are very comfortable as they should be in a new hotel and it is very soundproof.  Very nice pool on roof

3 hours ago, petermik said:

Take a look at LK President....

I neither like crossing the 3rd road many times every day nor the noise nor the worn furniture in LK President.

If Bay Breeze has reopened by the time of your trip I’d recommend that, though it’s the only one I’ve stayed at. 
Their suites are nice, remember it is a 3 star hotel though. Seperate bedroom and living room. Decent size bathroom with seperate shower / toilet. 
I love the location and ease to baht bus / Central Festival / LKM. hotel staff were always great to me as I stayed there many times and got to know them well. 
No idea if they’re renovating the rooms but I think the suites were renovated about 5 or more years ago so probably just doing the common areas and older rooms. 

• Like 2

On 06/06/2023 at 12:24, Dr No said:

If Bay Breeze has reopened by the time of your trip I’d recommend that, though it’s the only one I’ve stayed at. 
Their suites are nice, remember it is a 3 star hotel though. Seperate bedroom and living room. Decent size bathroom with seperate shower / toilet. 
I love the location and ease to baht bus / Central Festival / LKM. hotel staff were always great to me as I stayed there many times and got to know them well. 
No idea if they’re renovating the rooms but I think the suites were renovated about 5 or more years ago so probably just doing the common areas and older rooms. 

Yes, thanks. I know #808 and #908 as well as Phayow and her friendly team very well.

How are these in comparison to the other two hotel's room types? Especially I am wondering about the Debua because I did not even see the hotel from outside yet.

I'm currently pondering the same question - where to stay!

Bay Breeze is indeed good and fantastically located.  Very good value for money but be aware of 2 small issues I found when I stayed there:  Firstly, quite weak AC.  Secondly, bugs (tiny ant like things).  It is a great value for money hotel though, and surely the renovations will only improve on that.  If it wasn't for the bugs I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Acqua is equally as amazingly located as Bay Breeze, being only a stone throw or two away.  It looks very nice, is highly reviewed, but the rooms do look small from the website!

I am unfamiliar with Debua.

Other hotels you may want to look into include Page 10, which I really like and has quite big rooms.  Areca Lodge is strongly recommended by people.  LK Metropole & Residence are also highly rated and good location for you.

On 09/06/2023 at 09:04, 42kaz42 said:

I'm currently pondering the same question - where to stay!

Bay Breeze is indeed good and fantastically located.  Very good value for money but be aware of 2 small issues I found when I stayed there:  Firstly, quite weak AC.  Secondly, bugs (tiny ant like things).  It is a great value for money hotel though, and surely the renovations will only improve on that.  If it wasn't for the bugs I'd stay again in a heartbeat.

Acqua is equally as amazingly located as Bay Breeze, being only a stone throw or two away.  It looks very nice, is highly reviewed, but the rooms do look small from the website!

I am unfamiliar with Debua.

Hmmmm. In which floor or room type did you experience the bugs in Bay Breeze? Has this been in one of the two suites? 

Acqua: Are the Junior Suites really feeling small? 

Debua: I really would love if somebody could spend some words on the King Master room 🙏.

17 hours ago, Orgynizer said:

Hmmmm. In which floor or room type did you experience the bugs in Bay Breeze? Has this been in one of the two suites? 

Acqua: Are the Junior Suites really feeling small? 

Debua: I really would love if somebody could spend some words on the King Master room 🙏.

I sadly don't remember what floor I was on at the Bay Breeze, just that it was several up at least.  It was a Deluxe Balcony Room as opposed to a Suite.  The bugs were tiny and kept to around the sink but would occasionally wander.  I think they lived in the crack around the top of the sink.

I stayed at Bay Breeze in July 2022 and I had bugs as well. Especially in the bathroom.  I stayed on Sixth floor in a regular room.

I like the location and the staff, but the place is too tired for my liking. I won't be back.

• 4 weeks later...

Will be interesting to visit Bay Breeze after the refurbishment. Some rooms had 2 twin beds stuck together to form a Queen while other rooms had a full Queen bed. The hotel itself was completely worn down.

Looking forward to reviews after September this year.

On 09/06/2023 at 09:04, 42kaz42 said:

fwiw, i haven't encountered any bugs this high-season when i stayed in a bay breeze suite for 2 weeks. 

i've never stayed in a suite in Acqua, so i can't compare it. the normal rooms are very small (actually too small), but that is well known. 

no knowledge of debua

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I was looking at both Acqua and Debua this time. But Acqua only had the tiny rooms left (and I'm not doing that again, 21 square meters my ass, my 18 square meters student apartment was bigger than those), and Debua just seemed a bit weird.

I ended up at Amethyst instead. A bit pricy, but I hope it lives up to it.

I’ve stayed in all of these hotels. Baybreeze, has always had a nice vibe to. It. It was beginning to show its age though. Hopefully it will be absolutely fantastic when the refurbishment is finished… however timescales and Thailand don’t always run together.

There are some real bargains to be had at the Aqua - low season, I’ve even seen rooms in an Agoda flash sale below 1000 THB. The rooms are really nice, but they are small; so if you are the sort of guy who doesn’t bring anybody back to the ‘loom’, but instead gets his action in say a GC… then it’s big enough. If however, you’re bringing gals back -LT/GFE etc, then you will find the room very small, indeed. Don’t forget if you are booking to ask for a room facing front and onto  soi honey (rooms at the rear back on to Treetown and can be noisy).

I stayed at the DeBua last week. I thought it was pretty good. Rooms are a decent size and the staff are lovely…. Spotlessly clean too. 

In many cases, the choice is governed by price. Low season, I would be looking for a room certainly under 1500THB (and always on the lookout for a flash sale, bargain). Hi season a room for under 2000THB for hotels in this range.

Hi Lottellee,

Are those flash sales announced on the hotel websites, the Agoda types or both?

Presumably,  you can set up alerts for them.