IGNORED

Home HIV test kits avail in LOS?

SmellyFarang

I've heard of a couple home HIV test kits and was wondering are they're available in LOS? I've heard that the MedMira test returns results in just 3 minutes.

I've seen prices of $20-$50 for OraQuick test kits in the USA and am hoping they'd be a lot cheaper in LOS.

-Smelly

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Mate, I havent seen any pharmacies actually sell them but if u go to Heavens Above agogo, their hotel above it have them imported from USA and stock them in their rooms-excellent idea IMHO and you can buy more from them, I think 300 baht a pop..Its the same test they use in clinics in England too.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

Mate, I havent seen any pharmacies actually sell them but if u go to Heavens Above agogo, their hotel above it have them imported from USA and stock them in their rooms-excellent idea IMHO and you can buy more from them, I think 300 baht a pop..Its the same test they use in clinics in England too.

Seriously? Thanks; that's great news. For that cheap I'll consider making it part of my regular routine next trip.

And I agree, very cool - it would be great if these were a lot more widely available.

-Smelly

Edited by SmellyFarang

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Seriously? Thanks; that's great news. For that cheap I'll consider making it part of my regular routine next trip.

And I agree, very cool - it would be great if these were a lot more widely available.

-Smelly

I got a few a few trips back..seriously just ask at the reception if youre not staying there and they will sell u them 300 baht.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

For 300b you can't go wrong can you, wicked idea!

And yeah they should me more readily available, it's a no brainer innit!

If you want something done properly, do it yourself..

Sorry, but Galaxy Suites no longer have the test kits. Our supplier does not have a manufacturer in Thailand anymore.

Daylight was something God made so that life was not one endless party.

Nutosf

I work in clinical trials - forget about this shit.

If testing the GF get along for a proper test with bloods. I testing a one night stand throw your money down Walking Street - its as good

I work in clinical trials - forget about this shit.

If testing the GF get along for a proper test with bloods. I testing a one night stand throw your money down walking street - its as good

Reference? Because your writing "style" does not give me confidence :Bravo1:

Reference? Because your writing "style" does not give me confidence :GoldenSmile1:

its very obvious that a clinical test is better than a home test, I dont think a reference is required.

WHERE I STEP IS WHERE I LAND, LIFE ALWAYS LOOKS BETTER FROM A NEW PERSPECTIVE

its very obvious that a clinical test is better than a home test, I dont think a reference is required.

please reference the reference I made to his post. It doesn't just say it's better, it implies the home test is complete rubbish.

Edited by el_jefe

And a reference would be useful to quantify the difference.

please reference the reference I made to his post. It doesn't just say it's better, it implies the home test is complete rubbish.

Just to clarify this is way that Peelorn's post reads "its better to get your girlfriend tested at a clinic with a proper blood test or if testing a LT or ST barfine with a home kit you are throwing your money away"

the post does not read that a home test is rubbish, but as you stated his writing style needs a closer look.

WHERE I STEP IS WHERE I LAND, LIFE ALWAYS LOOKS BETTER FROM A NEW PERSPECTIVE

Just to clarify this is way that Peelorn's post reads "its better to get your girlfriend tested at a clinic with a proper blood test or if testing a LT or ST barfine with a home kit you are throwing your money away"

the post does not read that a home test is rubbish, but as you stated his writing style needs a closer look.

Agreed it's a bit unclear, but I take his don't even bother to mean it's totally useless.

Some morons insist on BB-ing, so this could be useful and condoms do break. Also, I like the fact that it might make the girls think about being safer if they see we actually care.

• 1 month later...

I dont know if I would even trust them to be accurate. 4 months back i had the full blood test here in OZ and the lab could not say if i had it or not. all they could say was there was some strange reading so do the test again in 3 months. got back from LOS and did the test again and had the same reading. they sent it to a top hospital here and then was given the all clear. so if they dont know for sure how will a home test be able to comfirm it either way??????

the risk is there are you willing to take it?????/

cheers