Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

AIS internet packages?

I need a SIM to put into my 4G LTE router. Right now I have an AIS SIM with 5GB/month of data on it, which is quite limiting. I could get this off Lazada (8mbps unlimited data for 12 months, 2189 baht total), or possibly this, which advertises 20mbps unlimited data for 300 baht/month (and I probably won't need it for a full year, making it a better deal). However, I'm curious whether or not it might be possible to put either of those packages on the SIM that I already have, and if yes, how? Best I can see in MyAIS app and on ais.th website is 10mbps for 1100 baht/month.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I don't have an answer for this but I'm curious about these deals also. Did you decide to go with one of them ?

I'm looking for a similar deal with AIS. (12 months suits me)

My daughter has an AIS-sim and i buy every 90 days for 1400 baht unlimited 4Mbps through her AIS app on her phone. BUt they also have faster deals.

Personally i use two sims in my phone. first sim my original dtac number for my apps/banking and second sim i change yearly just for the unlimited internet. Last march i bought on Lazada for 1399 Baht a dtac sim with 10Mbps unlimited/1 year and 60 minutes free call time each month to all networks. So not  a bad deal.

YOur 8 mbps for 2199 is too expensive. Search again for a better deal.

Edited by themosch

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

On 26/06/2023 at 14:43, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

Sorry I don't have an answer for this but I'm curious about these deals also. Did you decide to go with one of them ?

I'm looking for a similar deal with AIS. (12 months suits me)

I ended up getting a DTAC 1-year 30mbps SIM for 1890 baht.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i3907190709-s15015530295.html

The speed is somewhat variable - when doing large downloads, I see it oscillate between full 30mbps and something like 5-8mbps - but overall faster than AIS 8mbps.

15 hours ago, themosch said:

YOur 8 mbps for 2199 is too expensive. Search again for a better deal.

That price is for a year, not per month. At 1400 every 90 days you're paying 5600 per year for half the speed.

On 28/06/2023 at 00:22, Dormouse said:

I ended up getting a DTAC 1-year 30mbps SIM for 1890 baht.

The speed is somewhat variable 

That price is for a year, not per month. At 1400 every 90 days you're paying 5600 per year for half the speed.

1) great choice and it suits your needs.

2) speed varies depending on location and amount of users at certain times. Most times you will have the maximum speed. But i read that some BM's in big condo's experience lower speeds due to congestion of the cell tower.

3) i was wrong it is not for 90 days but 180 days. Yes still more expensive as your sim but my daughter's phone has only 1 sim and needs her phone number so changing the sim yearly is out of the question until i buy her a new phone.

Enjoy your time here

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

4 hours ago, themosch said:

my daughter's phone has only 1 sim and needs her phone number so changing the sim yearly is out of the question until i buy her a new phone.

You can port numbers between different SIMs of the same carrier. I saw my wife do it in a carrier shop (she needed to recover an old number for the purpose of account verification); might be possible remotely, but not sure.