IGNORED

Moto taxi in central pattaya

A6-GIV

Either I missed it or there's not much mentioning about moto taxi, having stands every 100 meters.... never used them as  baht  bus or (car) bolt has been perfect to me.  
as I now have some issues in walking (and I mean not long walks!) I might prefer to avail myself of their services for short rides. Such as mid soi diana to pothole, boomerang, end of Lengkee.... or former  MIT (current bars) as that would save me the walk to buakhow or 2nd road.

what kind of prices do they charge?  Not meaning to be a cheap Charlie (nor a farang to be milked) having  a rough idea on their fare will enable  me to pay  as appropriate...  20? 40? (Since a car will take me to jomtien for 80/90). I know they will be short rides.. But great for me.

TIA.

40 baht and up. Probably 40 to 60 baht for the routes you mention.

My girl is "different". A different one everyday.

use bolt if you can,its safer.but 40 to 60 baht will get you to most destinations on a moto taxi around pattaya.

1 minute ago, iron said:

use bolt if you can,its safer.but 40 to 60 baht will get you to most destinations on a moto taxi around pattaya.

I find bolt drivers drive much faster,

less money so must drive faster

why are you saying they are safer?🤔

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Just now, fostraswift said:

I find bolt drivers drive much faster,

less money so must drive faster

why are you saying they are safer?🤔

i used bolt taxi on my last visit, never had an issue, logic says 4 wheels are safer than 2.

I think he already uses Bolt, hence -
"Since a car will take me to jomtien for 80/90). I know they will be short rides"

He thinks bikes will be cheaper.  :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, iron said:

I need to avoid a 500 meters walk. It's nonsense to book a car stuck in the traffic to pick me up and take me to destination.

4 hours ago, Edge said:

I think he already uses Bolt, hence -
"Since a car will take me to jomtien for 80/90). I know they will be short rides"

He thinks bikes will be cheaper.  :rolleyes:

Never thought so. I mention the car fare to  jomtien (half a dozen  of km) is 80/90 bah and a 500mt moto ride can't be close to that. I can't think a moto ride to jomtien can be cheaper, whilst I know it is around 50% more than a car.

my post is on a short moto ride, not a Jomtien by bike.

thankfully some have been helpfully sticking to the topic and gave me the appr idea I was looking for.

19 hours ago, A6-GIV said:

I need to avoid a 500 meters walk. It's nonsense to book a car stuck in the traffic to pick me up and take me to destination.

i see your point, just be careful on those moto taxi, enjoy your trip.

It will be 40 baht upwards 

But .. as always ask the price first otherwise no use arguing at the end when he says 100 baht .