Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Neck pillow/cushion for flights in economy

jaynewcastle

Just wondering if many people use these & whether or not they find they do help you get some sleep whilst sitting on the plane ?, as thinking of buying one to try & get some sleep

I'm guessing the solid foam memory ones are better than the inflatable ones, but don't know if that's true or not ?

I want/need an aisle seat, so can't lean against the cabin wall for support & don't really sleep on the flights at all, perhaps 5-10 mins at a time, maybe a hour in total at the most,.  I've reached the point the last few trips, where I need to get some sleep in order not feel like crap upon arrival

Thanks for any replies/advice

Brought my 1st one last trip for my return journey from Moshi Moshi definitely made the journey more comfortable as whilst I don't sleep for long I tend to nod off periodically & was more comfortable having some neck support.

Definitely get a memory foam one, I've seen them here at the likes of b&m & home bargains, tk maxx also do them, bit more expensive but look like better quality.

• Like 1

I've had a memory foam one ever since I started flying. I really don't know why so many people fly without one. I sleep almost the entire flight...just coming back I slept 10 hours in the aisle seat waking up a few times.

Edited by khwan
  • Like 1

I’ve seen them but never used one.Most of my flights have been direct from Heathrow.About 12 hours straight on the plane which then means trying to sleep leaning on the food tray.So get 30 minutes maybe at most.

My last flight to Thailand last year was with Etihad and my first time with them.On their headrests they had a wing on the one side.Surprised me how I was able to get some more sleep than normal resting head on it.

2C209D0C-6D09-4D39-91B3-7DD88CF1F922.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies

I'll buy one for my next trip I've decided

I always fly with Emirates, and their seats used to have those flaps on the headrest, but haven't seen them for quite a few years now. No idea why they removed them ?

After trying lots of neck pillows, I came across one that's a bit different in that wraps the whole way around plus a bit extra.

Unlike normal neck pillows that are an incomplete circle and can tend to push your head forwards, this is more than a complete circle where the extra bit overlaps itself making a section that is double-thickness. I find it gives more choices as to how you position it and, hence, a greater chance of finding a comfortable sleeping position. I still have the normal-shaped one which stays at home now as, after buying this, I'm getting better sleep on the flights. I bought it on Amazon, photo below. 

On a side note, I'm also using a cheap set of noise cancelling ear buds. I didn't want to fork out for the expensive 'Bose' full-on noise cancelling head phones (£250+), so found these little rechargeable in-ear ones on Amazon. They are pretty good. They definitely reduce the background noise and make sleeping easier. In truth, they are not as good as the Bose ones but for the minimal outlay they are pretty good. And much smaller to carry in hand luggage. I think I paid about £16 back in 2019. They are rechargeable but a minor downside is that the battery doesn't quite last a whole 12hr flight. I guess I could plug them into the seat USB to recharge on the go. They come with a double-plug adaptor. 

20230531_064304.jpg

20230531_064323.jpg

20230531_064611.jpg

• Like 3

I got 1 off these, cant go long haul without

with noise cancellation headphones and its brilliant

expensive to €55

Cabeau Evolution Classic Memory Foam Travel Neck Pillow

image.png.c46a0d34e2ee0f879ee4bf6585a20743.png

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

If you want to make Ryanair feel like Business class on a really good airline pair the neck pillow and spring for the Bose QC35's. 

I know you can get cheaper than the Bose but the noise cancellation alone on Bose is out of this world. You end up in a little serene world of your own. When you the hours you spend in the air annually by the cost of the Bose and a good neck pillow, the cost is very reasonable.

If you want to use the planes IFE, as opposed to your own tablet don't forget to buy a audio bluetooth adapter.

• 1 month later...

For my next trip.

I am 6'2" and do not fit the microscopic airline seats (which are designed for legless dwarves).

I've tried nearly a dozen pillows - none worked even halfway as my neck was not fully supported and I'd wind up leaning to the side or forward.

This device, in theory, is secured to the headrest and should hold the head against the seat.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016U6WVTA?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Screenshot 2023-07-02 at 10-06-56 Amazon.com ZzzBand -Travel Pillow Alternative Airline Pilot Created - The Necks Best Thing to First Class ® - One Size Black - Patented Home & Kitchen.png

I have tried several times neck pillow and I am not feeling well with it. I get warm on my neck. I do lot like to have something big on my neck. So this is important to try. Not for everybody. 

I am a pompui guy 110 kg, and after my trip last November, I arrived with my butt bone hurting and bruised from the 24 hours on the plane from America.  I had to stand for three days at the bars, it hurt so bad to sit down on a bar stool

So I had a brilliant idea, and shopped around for a stiff neck pillow, found one on 2nd street made of natural latex from Thailand, and sat on it on the way back, with the neck opening right where my coccyx would have met the seat.  Absolute bliss.

I've travelled back and forth to Thailand 3 times since then, and now arrive without a sore and bruised butt.

Anyone interested in finding the store that has them, it is down south of Grand Avenue mall about 300 meters in a nik nak, Thai tourist bauble store with carvings and and thai memorabilia.

• Haha 1

Pabloypablo - if it solves your problem ,then why not use it that way  :)

I have bought mine now, £11 from Amazon, amazing how small it is in the bag when compressed, but once released it quickly forms its solid shape.

It does feel very supportive, it connects to form a complete circle around your neck, and I certainly feel like it will allow me to get far more sleep during a flight when I need it, which will be amazing. 

I buy inflatable ones for 1 dollar each at the dollarstore and use them once because they take no room when its folded unused in package. But I dont have it around my neck instead put it against the wall and the pillow ontop of it. Got 7-8 hours sleep last trip home.