Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Flydubai experience anyone?

Boardmarker

Hi everyone,

Due to increase in flight prices, i recently have started to consider flying with Flydubai directly to Pattaya with Dubai layover.

I read very mixed reviews and still not sure about using them.

If there is anyone had a flight with them, please share pros and cons about them.

Did you check their prices vs. Emirates?

i did and there’s no difference. The only advantage is they serve some minor airports with smaller planes (than EK’s 777/380) thus easier for them to fill and not forcing you to get to a major airport if they fly from your airport or a near one.

Fly Dubai is not a budget airline. It’s an emirates controlled airline flying different routes, based on their plane ranges, and still converging in Dubai as a hub.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

They are reasonable, have flown with them a few times.  They fly out of a separate terminal in Dubai that you have to take a bus to and from the airplanes.  The smallish terminal has a bar, McDonalds's, small cafe, and a few other stores (not close to the variety of options in the main terminal) which is manageable for a 2 hour layover.  One minor annoyance is that is if you are arriving in Dubai on an Emirates flight then transferring to a flyDubai flight is that you will have go to take the inter-terminal bus to the flyDubai terminal which requires a having to clear security twice (once when your Emirates flight arrives then again when you get to the flyDubai terminal).

I'm planning to take them this summer as the price is significantly less than other options flying to Bangkok.

• Thanks 1

On 27/05/2023 at 07:29, thawit77 said:

They are reasonable, have flown with them a few times.  They fly out of a separate terminal in Dubai that you have to take a bus to and from the airplanes.  The smallish terminal has a bar, McDonalds's, small cafe, and a few other stores (not close to the variety of options in the main terminal) which is manageable for a 2 hour layover.  One minor annoyance is that is if you are arriving in Dubai on an Emirates flight then transferring to a flyDubai flight is that you will have go to take the inter-terminal bus to the flyDubai terminal which requires a having to clear security twice (once when your Emirates flight arrives then again when you get to the flyDubai terminal).

I'm planning to take them this summer as the price is significantly less than other options flying to Bangkok.

But fly Dubai, according to my knowledge doesn't fly to bkk.

their range is southern Europe, Middle East, east Africa and subcontinent.

you might want to fly with them if your town is served by fly Dubai, and then switch to emirates in Dubai for bkk.

Thailand is too far. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, A6-GIV said:

But fly Dubai, according to my knowledge doesn't fly to bkk.

their range is southern Europe, Middle East, east Africa and subcontinent.

you might want to fly with them if your town is served by fly Dubai, and then switch to emirates in Dubai for bkk.

Thailand is too far. 

They fly to U-Tapao and Krabi.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

10 minutes ago, davidge said:

They fly to U-Tapao and Krabi.

I neve accounted those as a possible destination of mine.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, A6-GIV said:

I neve accounted those as a possible destination of mine.

U-Tapao is closer to Pattaya than Bangkok. :Dunno1:

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I live in Dubai and I used flydubai last month in April. It was worth for me, just took around 40 to 45 minutes to reach the airport from my hotel in Central Pattaya. It's not a full fledged airpot yet, security check is time consuming but after that immigration was fast. Just two food joints and a small duty free in the airport, no lounge. They take you in a bus to catch the flight. 6 and half hours flight. Flight was relatively full.

• Thanks 2

On 28/05/2023 at 19:19, danielsam said:

I live in Dubai and I used flydubai last month in April. It was worth for me, just took around 40 to 45 minutes to reach the airport from my hotel in Central Pattaya. It's not a full fledged airpot yet, security check is time consuming but after that immigration was fast. Just two food joints and a small duty free in the airport, no lounge. They take you in a bus to catch the flight. 6 and half hours flight. Flight was relatively full.

What planes did they use? I have done a short hop with them Dubai to Doha and there was limited leg room and no back of seat entertainment.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, billybob69 said:

What planes did they use? I have done a short hop with them Dubai to Doha and there was limited leg room and no back of seat entertainment.

Boeing 737 MAX 8. Leg room was sufficient but enteratainment was not free when I tried to check something it was asking for payment :D

• Thanks 2

On 03/06/2023 at 19:08, billybob69 said:

B738  B739   A320

the 2 Thai routes (6/7hrs) are covered by B737...

enjoy! 🤓

Edited by A6-GIV
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, thanks for your all information. It was relatively cheaper than Emirates, i cant take any chances after reading various reviews. Also they increased their prices while i am searching.

Anyways this year i will be flying with Gulf Air. Fingers crossed.