IGNORED

Hepatitis B

SittingDuck

Hi guys. I'm of to Pattaya for the first time in May but haven't had a Hep B vaccine.

Does anybody now if there's a chance I can still get infected even if I wear a condom?

Any advice is appreciated.

Start the course of jabs anyway. You might be able to get a course of 2 our of 3 before you go.

As for Hep B concerns, you wont catch it with a condom.

Hep B is a hardy little infection. It can still stay active in dried blood after 2-3 hours (ie dont let them use your toothbrush in case they leave a slither of their infected blood on the brushes).

Other than that, dont worry mate. If you panic about everything, you will not enjoy what is going on.

Take enough precautions to be safe and go for it !

I'm not traveling 'till the 14th of May so if I time it right I should be able to get the first 2 jabs.

Thanks a lot for the info, you've put my mind at ease!

I got my first Twinrix (hep a/b) shot 3 days before my first trip. My doc told me that even just having the first shot would provide me with pretty good protection for duration the trip. I followed up and finished the course upon my return. I would recommend you do the same.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

Yes deffinitly have the hep b jab and while your at it have a hep A jab as well

Trust me on this no matter what people tell you and as well meaning as they are you can catch hep B from kissing , depending on the individual it can remain highly contagious for a long long time.

If you don't believe me see you doctor I know this as fact

there is Hep A,B,C,D,E,F and G some of the others need Hep A and B to co exist in the body so make sure you have both jabs.

Edited by 1rooster

I'm already covered for hep A, but will definitely get the hep B jab. Thanks for your help guys.

Remember, if you get your Hep A Jab you will be covered for a couple of years.

IF YOU GET YOUR BOOSTER JAB 1 YEAR AFTER the first injection, you are covered for 10 YEARS !

Remember, if you get your Hep A Jab you will be covered for a couple of years.

IF YOU GET YOUR BOOSTER JAB 1 YEAR AFTER the first injection, you are covered for 10 YEARS !

I'll try and remember!

Hi guys. I'm of to Pattaya for the first time in May but haven't had a Hep B vaccine.

Does anybody now if there's a chance I can still get infected even if I wear a condom?

Any advice is appreciated.

i am in the UK mate and have just had 3 hep B shots over the course of a month from my GP,i will need a booster in 12 months .........cost £100.....u still have time to get at least 2 of those shots so do it

Thats some great advise. Question? can you get Hep A and Hep b done at the same time?

Yes, they are totally different types of viruses.

Once you have had your course of 3 Hep B jabs, you need to get your blood count checked every 5 years or so to make sure you have enough anti-bodies still in your system. If you dont, its just another booster jab.

Right, I understand they are 2 different courses, But wanting to know if you can take them at the same time , ie get the first jab for Hep b and strait after the jab for Hep A ?

Man dont wait :D , just get jebbed regardless where you traveling or even staying home. Dangerus shit :P ...and yet so preventble! Just go and see your GP he'll give al the answers....and jabs 5555

Edited by krystof

Man dont wait :ShitHappens1: , just get jebbed regardless where you traveling or even staying home. Dangerus shit :Hit_Self: ...and yet so preventble! Just go and see your GP he'll give al the answers....and jabs 5555

So very true, don't wait get it done then you are safe

Right, I understand they are 2 different courses, But wanting to know if you can take them at the same time , ie get the first jab for Hep b and strait after the jab for Hep A ?

Yes, you can get both at same time. As a matter of fact, several combination vaccines are available. Popular one in US is TWINRIX® (Combined hepatitis A and hepatitis B vaccine).

dont wanna sound like your dad m8 but vaccine or not ALWAYS WEAR A CONDOM!

Thanks for the info Guys!!, Just one more Question!! Im sure we got hep A when were were at school? Can they do a test to see? Only because i want to avoid needles!!

Hep B is mainly cought through ass-mouth contact

Show me any woman, and I'll show you the bloke thats sick of rooting her!

Hep B is mainly cought through ass-mouth contact

Pretty sure you're wrong on this, you're getting your hepatitis strains mixed up. To my knowledge it is transmitted in the blood, via saliva, body fluids or through small cuts.

maybe someone who knows can enlighten us

Edited by 1rooster

Pretty sure you're wrong on this, you're getting your hepatitis strains mixed up. To my knowledge it is transmitted in the blood, via saliva, body fluids or through small cuts.

maybe someone who knows can enlighten us

I stand corrected. My GP years ago told me HEP B can be caught through rimming. No wonder I dont see him anymore!

Here's a couple of sites I found to answer all questions;

http://www.aidshep.org.au/

http://www.health.vic.gov.au/ideas/diseases/hepb

Show me any woman, and I'll show you the bloke thats sick of rooting her!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There,

I live in UK and I had just my fast track Hep A and B course done.

Key informations:

Vaccine:Twinrix adult HepA+HepB Manufacturer: GlaxoSmithKline

Age Group:18 & older. For a fast track 4 dose required (1ml/dose).

Dosing interval:

First dose: at an elected date

Second dose: 7 days later

Third dose: 21 days after the first dose

Fourth dose: 12 months after the first dose (kind of reminder cos fast track tend to drop faster as the nurse said)

After 2 month you can go for a blood test and you will know your response to the vaccine.

Proccess In UK for free:

Go to your surgery. At the reception just tell that you go for a travel and You need vaccination. They will lend u a holiday form(it contains which country u going, for how long etc). Fill it and give it back to them. After 2 or 3 days (they need time to gather information ) you can get an appointment. On the first visit the parctice nurse will discuss your needs and recommend other vaccine and check up your vaccination history then u will have your first dose.

useful links:

hepA and B vaccines: www.immunize.org/catg.d/p2081.pdf

Twinrix adult service manual:) : http://emc.medicines.org.uk/document.aspx?documentId=3189

Ps:What hepatitis B vaccination question isasked over and overand over again?

-Robin, it’s been a year since mypatient had his first hepatitis B shot.Should I start the series over again?

-Holy shot in the arm,Batman! How many times do I have to tell you? You don’t have torestart the series! As with all other

vaccines, you just continue fromwhere you left off.

I hope i could help,

Bye for now