IGNORED

Na Jomtien - Bacco Beach

This is going to be kind of a mixed bag review of Bacco Beach in Na Jomtien.

https://www.facebook.com/baccobeach/

Bacco is directly across the street from the Na Jomtien Glass House. Bacco has it's own parking. This was a first trip to Bacco, so I did not know that. We parked near the end of the Glass House parking and it was over a 1/2 km hike to the restaurant. I will know better next time.

I would call Bacco moderately priced. Our bill for two was just over 3000 with half of that being a bottle of wine. For that price the wine was not bad at all.  

Lots of things about this place that I like and a couple that I am luke warm on.

Lets start with the good things:

• Congenial atmosphere
  • Nice enough beach view
  • Very good service by the staff. I had read in some earlier Trip Advisor reviews that this was a problem area. They have installed alert buttons on the tables. This is a large place, so one could go unnoticed at times. We never had to use the alert button.
  • The starter bread basket was very good. Decent EVOO on the side.
  • Extensive menu with many options
  • Good wine list

A few minor complaints

• To my knowledge there is no indoor dining with air conditioning. Not a problem on this particular night as there was a very pleasant sea breeze.
  • The food was ok, but not memorable. I will list the whys with the food pics.

Pics of the overall atmosphere

BaccoBeach-A.thumb.jpg.7a75ae9d46ae8ab21cae83887e76b845.jpg

BaccoBeach-B.thumb.jpg.12d894688169e4813e426a97a73e7fdb.jpg

Appetizer - oysters (These were ok. I am used to having crispy onions served as a topping. They were not included. A bigger problem is that they brought the oysters and the main plates at the same time. Partly my fault I should have instructed them better about the desired arrival times.)

BaccoBeach-C.thumb.jpg.3a8b4a3d25bef0af901bf5016a7b7c51.jpg

Main Courses

I ordered Penne Nduja (This is a favorite dish of mine at Gian's in Jomtien. The Bocca version (sorry) does not measure up. It is too bland. I was not offered grated Parm with this pasta dish. This dissatisfaction is probably more about my previously being spoiled).

BaccoBeach-D.thumb.jpg.60e08c0499823e5d5a5ab78394444889.jpg

The Mrs. ordered a Thai seafood salad (She said that it was a little too sour. She boxed over half of it up and took that home for proper seasoning. I did not try this dish.)

BaccoBeach-E.thumb.jpg.95ae8892b73b9756ec11dff2287c6138.jpg

It was my birthday so the Mrs. had them bring a cake to the table (more of a custard really). This was not bad at all. The staff sung Happy Birthday. About 5 minutes later some little kid at an adjacent table was still singing.

BaccoBeach-F.thumb.jpg.b438857a52d8309bb63a577445b4474f.jpg

All in all good restaurant and we will return.

I just wish that they had a side road that extended from Jomtien through Na Jomtien to Bang Saray that did not require going on Sukhumvit.

Edited by Kale

21 hours ago, Kale said:

I just wish that they had a side road that extended from Jomtien through Na Jomtien to Bang Saray that did not require going on Sukhumvit.

Believe it or not, small sections of the Sukhumvit construction South of 2nd Road have completed. Lots more to go for sure, but the ride has become almost pleasant in places.

24 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Believe it or not, small sections of the Sukhumvit construction South of 2nd Road have completed. Lots more to go for sure, but the ride has become almost pleasant in places.

It's still sukhumvit with lots of high speed traffic flying through.  The high speeds are what make it dangerous.

Edited by Kale

7 minutes ago, Pattaya_mad said:

What`s the difference between Jomtiem and na-Jomtiem?

Na Jomtien is further down the coast.

Roughly:

IMG_5677.jpeg

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

• 2 months later...
On 21/05/2023 at 23:51, Pattaya_mad said:

What`s the difference between Jomtiem and na-Jomtiem?

Bad to worse?

Jack

I was down there on Thursday for a sunset cocktail on the beach. I was surprised how busy it was . When we left around 7pm the massive 1/2 km car park was full, as where the other smaller ones.

The glasshouse was packed. I think they have some tourist gig going as there were a lot of tourist buses in the carpark.