Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Car rental for one month

zerosix06

Hello everyone I will be arriving in Bangkok on 6th of Aug 23 and would like to rent car for a month. Any suggestions will be appreciated 

thanks 

Is this your first time?

Transportation is so cheap here, you need to have a really good reason to get a car.

I used this mob in Febuary for a 14 day hire going to Hua Hin. All good and very busy which is a good sign. Home country license was all I needed. Be warned the office has a waft of cat piss

https://www.qcars.net/bargain-deal.php

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Advise from an experienced old cynic who has travelled SE Asia for many years and hired cars and bikes from many firms in BKK-Pattay & Udon.& Chang Rai .

1...Never read the contract (if in English) .U will run a mile .(it is what it is ,take it or leave it)

2...Try and do a Cash deal,Your liability with Visa etc is usually up to 55000$US.in the event of a claim by the owner & U can only contest the payement after it is made ,U will loose every time .

3....In fairness I only had the 1 bad experience .which occoured after I was medivacted home and left the car in Ao Nang, the owner (Company in CR)  recovered it 2 days after expirey of hire agreement and billed me 17000 Bht for a recovery that cost at most 4000bht .

When challenged he replied 'falang allways have travel insurance "ok says me ,please send me a detailed invoice and receipt ,he basically told me to FO .

It pays to have TI with cover for hire car excess .not expensive and gives one 'peace of mind'

4....Paying cash in advance (on delivery) ,I have found a number of operators who are happy to do these kind of deals asking for the full payement of the hire only .not a bond payement (just in case).My guess is they have insurance to cover there risk or perhaps they just happy to take the gamble .

The issue is if U pay cash for a month or so and prang the car the 1st day or early in the hire period then U forfet the remaining period & working out the compensation for minor damage can b a problem ,few falangs know how cheap repairs are in Thailand compared to western countries,guess we are reliant on the good will of the owners.

Allways cover your arse but insisting on proof of class A insurance ,which specifically covers Hire cars/businesses.

My advise ,Pay cash ,never leave your Passport as security and seek reports on line from previous customers .

Its my experience that the vast Majority of rental companies are "Fair Dinkum"operators just trying to make a few bucks and grow there businesses .

Just b carefull.

Good luck and happy travells.

Thanks for your all your reply , is not my first time , I usually rent from Avis , budget , thai rent a car Thailand.

I am searching a good deal for one month rental maybe some of you know a good car rental engine search or know a small company who works well in the field. 

thanks 

“Pattaya rent a car” is a good and liable Company…

run by Shane

• Thanks 2

Will you be renting the car in Pattaya?

I rent one during each of my trips from Pattaya Expat Car Rental in Jomtien. 

Just check their website for their monthly price. Nice newer cars, full insurance and great customer service. 

I have also use 2 of BM's here for car rentals. You can find them the 'transportation' section of the forum. 

I just rented one Expat Car Rental for my upcoming trip in June. Just had to wire them a 1 day rental to hold the reservation which I have done with them many times over the past few years.  

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Thanks for all the people gave me suggestions , I found a good deal with asap company , one month at 16.000 baht for a new brand ( I think Chinese) car.
I add the insurance and the second driver is for free. Seems very big car.

wish you all a good day 

IMG_5571.jpeg

Edited by zerosix06

On 18/05/2023 at 23:12, zerosix06 said:

Thanks for all the people gave me suggestions , I found a good deal with asap company , one month at 16.000 baht for a new brand ( I think Chinese) car.
I add the insurance and the second driver is for free. Seems very big car.

wish you all a good day 

IMG_5571.jpeg

Is there a website to book with them?

On 17/05/2023 at 04:55, lovermand66 said:

“Pattaya rent a car” is a good and liable Company…

run by Shane

Agree Pattaya Rent A Car is a good company.  Also for monthly rentals the major companies like Hertz, Avis, etc. quote lower rates for one month compared to their weekly type deals.  You must book through their Thailand website and not the international ones.  Be sure to put in a duration of at least one month.

Common sense is not very common.

I need to rent a car for a few days as I drive down to trat.    Renting a car and parking at the ferry port is cheaper than hiring a taxi.  Plus gives me the flexibility of stopping and going when I need.

I'm finding cars via Hertz etc for 1000b a day which is all I need.    Personally I prefer to rent from the bigger guys .. plus my credit card provides comprehensive insurance for free.    

Unless anyone has any reason to go with a local mom and pop.  I'm open for suggestions 

• 3 months later...
On 29/05/2023 at 03:47, HimBadMan said:

I'm finding cars via Hertz etc for 1000b a day which is all I need.    Personally I prefer to rent from the bigger guys .. plus my credit card provides comprehensive insurance for free.    

Same for me. I like HERTZ Thailand, never had any problems with them, not even in case of an accident.

For my next one-way trip there are only a few different cars available at HERTZ: Toyota 'Vios', Honda 'City' and Toyota 'Yaris Ativ' - all in the same category.

Which one of these is the "biggest" (I know all of them are small...), which one has the biggest trunk? Does anybody know?

20 minutes ago, Orgynizer said:

Same for me. I like HERTZ Thailand, never had any problems with them, not even in case of an accident.

For my next one-way trip there are only a few different cars available at HERTZ: Toyota 'Vios', Honda 'City' and Toyota 'Yaris Ativ' - all in the same category.

Which one of these is the "biggest" (I know all of them are small...), which one has the biggest trunk? Does anybody know?

You will be happy with the Vios.