Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Dental implants

PBJTIME

16 hours ago, Edge said:

What you quoted was re' full mouth (the OP's Q) and not a single implant.

Yes. For some reason people keep on posting about single implants when I specifically asked about the plus four and plus six jaw implants. 

16 hours ago, Edge said:

What you quoted was re' full mouth (the OP's Q) and not a single implant.

As each case is different only a dentist, and only after examination of jaw and bone structure, can quote but the basic price difference between a single tooth and an implant supporting multible crow aren't that much. Can't remember what I paid for the 3 molar/2 implant I got 10 years ago but it was not a significant difference between the 2 procedures. My single tooth will, due to the grafting, add up to around thb 60K (43.000 ex grafting). By chance I spoke to a Thai lady yesterday who had an identiclal implant of a front tooth in upper mouth which she paid thb 42K fore so at least some dentist don't have dual pricing.

Regardless of price it crucial the dentist are proper certified in the system(s) they use and don't use knock of implants manufactured of scrapped Soviet nuclear subs. 

On 12/05/2023 at 10:54, PBJTIME said:

I have a friend who is interested in getting dental all on +6 implants. I've been urging him to come to Thailand to get the work done while other friends of his have urged Mexico or Turkey.

Does anyone have any experience with those type of implants being done? Advice/lessons learned?

I  have not used this clinic, so i do not know how good they are, but the price for all on 6 seems ok.

Screenshot 2023-05-18 161215.jpg

Screenshot 2023-05-18 161416.jpg

My ex-wife and I had a check-up with a company in the USA called Clear Choice. A full set upper and lower jaw with 4 implants each was $25,000 per jaw. This included the removal of all teeth, implants, and temporary dentures. This was completed in 1 day. After 6 months, the temporary dentures were removed and replaced with a new fitted set of dentures. Being retired, I did not have a spare $50,000 lying around.

On 13/05/2023 at 17:50, praf974 said:

I had 3 done in pattaya at dental design clinic .. they did an very good job and done properly takes a few months with 3 or 4 appointments , they need to wait for the implants to set in the bone before mounting the crowns.    I think would be hard unless you were staying here for a few months .. https://dentaldesignpattaya.com

I had 7 implants done by Dental Design ... a good job done over many months. I decided to get my O-Visa so that it could be done.  Then discovered that living here is great - much better than just tourist visits for the last 30 years.

• Like 2

ผีเสื้อ

I had many quotes for my teeth Inc Dr Cherry and I found Dr Ken from Dental designs to be the most informative re my teeth .

I've been meaning to go back and get him to do the work .

• 2 weeks later...

Just a head up if you’re after 1 dental implant

Tried contacting Dr Warin but had no response which if anybody know another email address ( I used [email protected] ) it would be appreciated 

Dental design centre 

Osstem(Korean) = 50,000 THB each including abutment and crown or 100,000 THB for 2 implants
ITI Straumann(Swiss) = 70,000THB each complete including abutment and crown or 140,000 THB for 2 implants

Dr Cherry at dental smile 

Titanium implant costs 30,000 THB while crown on implants costs 10000 (base) to 15000 (zirconia) THB per tooth.

• Thanks 1

@PBJTIME Mate good thread, good info for all, would you think it would be better in health and fitness where all members can see it?

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

43 minutes ago, weldermike said:

Tried contacting Dr Warin but had no response which if anybody know another email address ( I used [email protected] ) it would be appreciated 

Dr Warin rarely uses his email, he recently told me that it was nearly a year since he checked it as I think he was locked out!  Therefore not a reliable method to communicate with him. The only ways seem to be to call or best to walk in and book an appointment, but there is usually at least a 2 week wait for a first appointment.

I have had a number of implants undertaken by him, 30K Baht per implant including crown etc.

• Like 2

^^^

What kd said.......I gave up on email and telephone.

I saw the appointment book for June and I'm pretty sure there was a 2-3 week holiday this month.

11 hours ago, deano4598 said:

@PBJTIME Mate good thread, good info for all, would you think it would be better in health and fitness where all members can see it?

I don't even know where the heck the health and fitness sub forum is on here... I'm fine if you want to relocate the post.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have experience with denture repair at Dental Design Center (DDC) in Pattaya?

Edited by Mich

Was just about to start a thread like this. Looking for a full replacement and have a 4 week trip comming.

Dentist @ Beach seems the only  one that people has experience with?

what method should i go for? All on Four, All on Six or something else?

/Mike

1 hour ago, cyfruil said:

Was just about to start a thread like this. Looking for a full replacement and have a 4 week trip comming.

Dentist @ Beach seems the only  one that people has experience with?

what method should i go for? All on Four, All on Six or something else?

I'm not sure a month would be adequate time. It takes a while for the implants to integrate before they can use them.

14 minutes ago, PBJTIME said:

I'm not sure a month would be adequate time. It takes a while for the implants to integrate before they can use them.

I'm having an ongoing implant procedure  and the absolutely shortest period between implant is set and crowd fitted is 3-4 month. The procedure incl grafting (which drives cost ++) however the fast procedure can, iaw my dentist, only be used with guaranteed succes for some teeth and not for all patients. Likely some dentist will convince patients otherwise that 4 weeks are plenty time and some may get lucky but Google and reviews will tell otherwise. A normal sequence is 5-6 month between each step from pulling the teeth to crown is fitted and 1 year should be considered as fast.

22 hours ago, PBJTIME said:

22 hours ago, Kandinski said:

I'm having an ongoing implant procedure  and the absolutely shortest period between implant is set and crowd fitted is 3-4 month. The procedure incl grafting (which drives cost ++) however the fast procedure can, iaw my dentist, only be used with guaranteed succes for some teeth and not for all patients. Likely some dentist will convince patients otherwise that 4 weeks are plenty time and some may get lucky but Google and reviews will tell otherwise. A normal sequence is 5-6 month between each step from pulling the teeth to crown is fitted and 1 year should be considered as fast.

My plan (with minimum research) was to start the procedure this trip and then have a reason for the next one :)

As i understood you got some "temporary" teeth while waiting for everything to heal.

• Thanks 1

/Mike

1 hour ago, cyfruil said:

As i understood you got some "temporary" teeth while waiting for everything to heal.

I was offered a temporary single tooth but decline ( temporary teeth may slow down the healing process when grafting is involved). 

• Thanks 2

Bangkok Smile Dental Clinic has informative website with information on prices.

You can email for an estimate of the cost for the work you need.

Clinic has many farang patients, including me. I go at least once a year for clean, checkup and any jobs necessary.

• Thanks 2

Anyone know roughly how much a CROWN to put on a front bottom tooth will be ?

In Australia they want over 70,000 b

• Thanks 1

On 13/05/2023 at 17:34, Edge said:

Not for me, but I watched the video anyway.

As I understand it, the crucial parts of my procedure (which can take 8-9 months) are the root canal work, bone grafts, gum healing and above all, checking no infection at the various stages.
An infection in the root canal 2-3 months after the crown was fitted is why I now need an implant.

My question re' the 6 implants/posts followed same day (?) by slapping in the full set, would be, if there is subsequently infection in one of the implants, do they have to rip out everything and (if possible) start again?

I thought when they take a tooth out it includes the root so there should not be any chance of a root infection. I stand to be corrected 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bertman said:

I thought when they take a tooth out it includes the root so there should not be any chance of a root infection. I stand to be corrected 

The root/s may come out with the tooth, though in my extraction they had the break the remains of the tooth off then extract 3 (I think) roots.

Then :-  A root canal is performed when the endodontist removes the infected pulp and nerve in the root of the tooth, cleans and shapes the inside of the root canal, then fills and seals the space.

Root Canal Explained - American Association of Endodontists

In the case of my first attempt, he missed a secondary (accessory) canal and that's where the infection occurred 2-3 moths later.

Edited by Edge

15 hours ago, oldmanemu53 said:

Anyone know roughly how much a CROWN to put on a front bottom tooth will be ?

In Australia they want over 70,000 b

Much less. Check:

Bangkok Smile Dental Clinic has informative website with information on prices.

I'm from the US and I've done extensive dental work in Mexico, all in the last 2 years. When I started my journey to find my dentist, I did research and had a list of about 20 dentist in Mexico. I called them all to see how they communicated and to see how the interactions were. From the 20, I narrowed it down to 8. I then setup 2 weekends and went to visit each of the 8 dentists. From there I picked the one I felt most comfortable with. Just to give you an idea of what I went through, I was losing bone in my mouth (I had great teeth, but no bone to hold them... and I don't smoke or drink), upper and lowers. Needed all my teeth removed, bone graph, implants installed and new teeth, not an easy task and basically open mouth surgery. I went with 6 upper implants and 6 lower implants (all on 6?). My dentist in Mexico did the work in 2 days and I did not feel a thing!!!

On day one, he pulled all my teeth, did the bone graph and implants. I was sent to the hotel that night with temporary uppers installed (I could not pull them off ). Day 2, was a quick visit to see how things were looking after a little swelling went down and to get my temporary lowers installed.

I was sent back to the US for 6-8 months to allow the bone and implants settle before doing my next visit.

7 months later, I go back to do a check up and everything was looking good so they took (another) 3D scan for my permanent veneers.

I went back a 3rd time (8th months from when this all started) and had my new teeth installed. Not 1 time did I have any pain or any issues... one once!

I've been back to him 3-4 times for follow up and things look good. I even had my local dentist here in the states look at the work and he was really impressed. Here in the US, they wanted close to 100K cash, after insurance (insurance did not cover much in this case), I did everything there for 28K (USD).

I would not have changed a thing and 100% would do it again.

I have no idea of what kind of cost this would be in Thailand. Happy to answer any questions you may have

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 23/06/2023 at 23:55, Arnie85 said:

You didn’t get veneers, veneers are stuck onto the front of existing teeth. 

Look up porcelain veneers