IGNORED

Dubai Airport: Why 2 security checks

blue1878

On 12/05/2023 at 23:39, little_me said:

US FAA will (at least used to) require additional checks if they don't trust the standard security at that airport.

For any US airline. Regardless of destination.

I've had to do that in Bangkok flying on Delta in  2014 and before, even though the flight was from Bangkok to Tokyo or Seoul.  Flying Korean Air, or any other non US airlines, never had to.

Wouldn't explain why it happened if you were on Emirates flying to UK, but might be something similar the UK required?

But, ya, that second security at Bangkok for Delta didn't have any equipment, pat down and manually dig through my bag. And they took a water bottle I bought at the airport, inside the secure zone, no getting another one at the gate. 

I was only there once, and only noticed the additional questioning they'd do, which didn't seem like much to me until after I got to the next line and heard the questioning of the guy behind me. He didn't just answer the questions without getting all chatty, and apparently that's some kinda flag for security interviews....

What confused me is they did this leaving?  Wouldn't they screen people coming into the country instead?

I've actually seen worse in Canada and the UK, UK they made it a point to note I couldn't get public assistance on the stamp in my passport.

They do to make sure nobody "funny" boards the plane or get into destination country.

anti-terrorism security is a global matter  and there are procedures in place