IGNORED

Does anyone like to stay at The Queen Vic Inn?

wengweng

I have been looking at various hotels to stay at in 2024 ,  and looked at a video on youtube showing The Queen Vic Inn, and I thought it looked ok. I have been in only a couple of times on previous visits for a drink.  Did you like it and go there on a regular basis, or was it just the one off?  Appreciate any info.👌🍻🍺

If I was going for a holiday, I would definitely consider it as I like Soi 6. I do imagine it would be noisy until 1-2 am, though. Maybe @Vessey can tell us more. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Its a fairly standard gueshouse albeit with a great location. They have balcony rooms that overlook the 6 but no swimming pool. After hours entry is done through the fire exit at the back on 6/1 and a security guy that is there at night.

I stayed there years ago, not sure if anything has changed though. 

It gets very noisy at night but the 6 is mostly closed by 2am. 

• Like 3

Countdown Clocks

14 hours ago, rain_angelus said:

After hours entry is done through the fire exit at the back on 6/1 and a security guy that is there at night.

Some girls are a little bit scared or are at least not feeling comfortable because of this dark, small fire exit entry on 6/1 when you bring them to your room for LT after picking them up at a WS club etc.

• Like 2

Just read a message on Facebook, from The Queen Vic, and it really surprised me they got back so quick. Usually with these things on FB they  just send an automated message and never actually get back to you.

It looks  a good place to stay, with everything I would need, plus of course its   guest firendly and for one  thousand and five hundred baht they will pick you up from the Airport. Its certainly on my list of considerations for next year. 

and for one  thousand and five hundred baht they will pick you up from the Airport "

You make that sound like a bargain, despite the fact most taxi companies only charge 1100-1200bt for the same trip from the airport to Pattaya :)

• Like 2

I wonder if they do a monthly rate hmmmmm

1 hour ago, jaynewcastle said:

and for one  thousand and five hundred baht they will pick you up from the Airport "

You make that sound like a bargain, despite the fact most taxi companies only charge 1100-1200bt for the same trip from the airport to Pattaya :)

I didnt know that, I am not familier with taxi prices, as I always had one pre-booked by Thomas Cook. Well  I dont mind payting that little bit extra  knowing they will be there with my name and i dont have to mess about trying to get a taxi,. Its not like I do it all the time, merely once a year . 

7 hours ago, wengweng said:

I didnt know that, I am not familier with taxi prices, as I always had one pre-booked by Thomas Cook. Well  I dont mind payting that little bit extra  knowing they will be there with my name and i dont have to mess about trying to get a taxi,. Its not like I do it all the time, merely once a year . 

He said taxi companies, not taxi stand. Nam’s Taxi cost me 1200 baht and the lady was standing after baggage claim with my name on a board, walked me to the car and drove me straight to my hotel in Pattaya

In all honestly, it would be one of the last places I would choose.

I have never stayed there but by looking at Vessey's room photos, everything looks dated.

I am not a fan of Soi 6/1 and apparently after a certain time you must enter your room from that Soi.

Plus it is somewhere with a lot of competing bars with loud music. No thanks.

If I visit Soi 6 the rooms the bars offer are usually fine (80%+).

• Like 6

On 06/05/2023 at 16:21, rain_angelus said:

Its a fairly standard gueshouse albeit with a great location. They have balcony rooms that overlook the 6 but no swimming pool. After hours entry is done through the fire exit at the back on 6/1 and a security guy that is there at night.

I stayed there years ago, not sure if anything has changed though. 

It gets very noisy at night but the 6 is mostly closed by 2am. 

On 06/05/2023 at 16:06, Thomaz73 said:

If I was going for a holiday, I would definitely consider it as I like Soi 6. I do imagine it would be noisy until 1-2 am, though. Maybe @Vessey can tell us more. 

The noise level is high most of the time as some places party afterward.

It's been years since I stayed there and I hated the entrance in the back (late at night)

Nice place to get a meal...:hello09:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, shawnmj said:

He said taxi companies, not taxi stand. Nam’s Taxi cost me 1200 baht and the lady was standing after baggage claim with my name on a board, walked me to the car and drove me straight to my hotel in Pattaya

Taxi stands, or  taxi companies , I was basaically referring to the whole thing, as i a, not familier with any of  it. As  i said I was used to Thomas Cook doing  all that , and I just simply turn up looking for the person with my name on a sign.  Queen Vic is only a consideration, but if I end up picking somwehere different,(which is most likely to be honest) I will look at Nams taxi. It looks a good deal from what you said.

On 07/05/2023 at 07:06, Thomaz73 said:

Maybe @Vessey can tell us more. 

Recommend read Vessey's travel reports; he has stayed there many times and his reports have photos including the menus and meals.

More recent ones will be most up-to-date.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, wengweng said:

will look at Nams taxi. It looks a good deal from what you said

It's a brilliant deal (I would add a tip, btw.) It is by far the most popular service around here. I have used it many times and very happy with it. 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, wengweng said:

Taxi stands, or  taxi companies , I was basaically referring to the whole thing, as i a, not familier with any of  it. As  i said I was used to Thomas Cook doing  all that , and I just simply turn up looking for the person with my name on a sign.  Queen Vic is only a consideration, but if I end up picking somwehere different,(which is most likely to be honest) I will look at Nams taxi. It looks a good deal from what you said.

When you book any taxi company regularly mentioned/recommended on here, the driver will meet you at an assigned place at the airport with your name on the card

I've always used Mr T since I started going in 2013, never had any issues at all

As for accomodation location, I wouldn't stay anywhere close to where there is loud noise most of the night, but up to you.  I generally sleep between 10pm-6am  :)