IGNORED

Pratumnak - any decent options for one month stay?

AndyCBKK

I’m a big fitness guy and need to be hitting the gym five to six times a week. Looking for some ideas of places to stay for the month of January in the Pratumnak area near the Muscle Factory. I checked Agoda but didn’t find much as I really need a kitchen for food prep. Not sure about using AirBnB because of extra charges and wouldn’t mind using an affiliate link so the forum gets a kick back.

Any ideas? Recommendations? Thanks 🙏 guys.

You haven’t mentioned budget??

Butterfly Garden is close to that gym and has kitchens. It’s listed on Booking, so assume it’s on Agoda as well. 
Waterpark Condo is used a lot by short-stayers though some owners are getting fed up. Art on the Hill Condo has lots of rentals as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 02/05/2023 at 12:37, davidge said:

You haven’t mentioned budget??

Butterfly Garden is close to that gym and has kitchens. It’s listed on Booking, so assume it’s on Agoda as well. 
Waterpark Condo is used a lot by short-stayers though some owners are getting fed up. Art on the Hill Condo has lots of rentals as well.

Thanks David. Thought I’d wait before replying. I’m still not sure if I’ll be in Patts for a month or three months. Budget is around 800 baht per night for long stay - so in the 25k range. Options in terms of availability (rules on long stays) are probably better for a three month stay? Just not sure about using AirBnB so I’ll check Agoda and the recommendations you kindly posted. Thanks.

1 hour ago, AndyCBKK said:

Thanks David. Thought I’d wait before replying. I’m still not sure if I’ll be in Patts for a month or three months. Budget is around 800 baht per night for long stay - so in the 25k range. Options in terms of availability (rules on long stays) are probably better for a three month stay? Just not sure about using AirBnB so I’ll check Agoda and the recommendations you kindly posted. Thanks.

The cheapest I can see Butterfly Gardens on the usual sites is around 1200 baht a night. You’d get a condo cheaper, though would have to pay electricity and water on top in a condo.

I’ve used AirBnB twice without a problem, though you do have to be careful. I know Waterpark Condo has had issues with loads of AirBnB so have introduced things like fingerprint entry etc to try and make it more difficult. I’m not sure of the exact situation now as short term rentals are still advertised by owners there.

O, one more thing. If it is 3 months then I assume you’ll need to go to Immigration for an Extension at some point. In that case you need to be sure that the condo owner/agent will register the TM30 for you and give the paperwork for immigration if necessary. Some AirBnB owners are reluctant to do this.

6 hours ago, davidge said:

O, one more thing. If it is 3 months then I assume you’ll need to go to Immigration for an Extension at some point. In that case you need to be sure that the condo owner/agent will register the TM30 for you and give the paperwork for immigration if necessary. Some AirBnB owners are reluctant to do this.

Completely forgot about this. Thanks!

11 hours ago, davidge said:

Curious, how does one deal with the TM30 if the owner won’t cooperate?  

Just now, momo5 said:

Curious, how does one deal with the TM30 if the owner won’t cooperate?  

Worse case is you end up paying a fine at immigration. About 2000 baht I think.

On 06/05/2023 at 15:55, davidge said:

Worse case is you end up paying a fine at immigration. About 2000 baht I think.

Can one process the TM30 without the assistance of the condo owner?

5 hours ago, momo5 said:

Can one process the TM30 without the assistance of the condo owner?

No. The TM30 really should be nothing to do with you. It is the legal requirement for HOUSE OWNERS. It requires owner and property details. It’s just that some immigration offices fine the tenant if they go to immigration for an Extension as it’s easier than fining the owner. 

3 hours ago, davidge said:

No. The TM30 really should be nothing to do with you. It is the legal requirement for HOUSE OWNERS

Agreed. But! When I first moved to patts, I had a spot of bother with this. So I went to the Jomtien office and managed to sort things on my own. No fine even though I was clearly late. YMMV comes to mind. 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

A different option might be to come in with a 2 or 3 Day hotel stay and go down to Pratamak, walk the area, and stick your head into a few of the buildings.

Most of these buildings will have an on-site manager or juristic person who oversees rentals etc. Lots of times these short-term availabilities don't even make it out into the interwebs in my experience.

It's going to be HOT and low season so you're going to have your best opportunity to take advantage of some excess inventory a place might have. There could be very good deals available.

I tend to be a shoot from the hip kind of guy so this sort of option suits me. Maybe it doesn't suit you but it is something to consider.

Until you're on the ground and actually walking an area you don't really realize how many living accommodations there are and how many are potentially available.

• Like 3

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

1 hour ago, AngelCty2Nit said:

A different option might be to come in with a 2 or 3 Day hotel stay and go down to Pratamak, walk the area, and stick your head into a few of the buildings.

Most of these buildings will have an on-site manager or juristic person who oversees rentals etc. Lots of times these short-term availabilities don't even make it out into the interwebs in my experience.

It's going to be HOT and low season so you're going to have your best opportunity to take advantage of some excess inventory a place might have. There could be very good deals available.

I tend to be a shoot from the hip kind of guy so this sort of option suits me. Maybe it doesn't suit you but it is something to consider.

Until you're on the ground and actually walking an area you don't really realize how many living accommodations there are and how many are potentially available.

That’s often a good way to do it. The ‘Siam’ condos between Soi 5 and Soi 4 used to have signs up advertising a number of units for rent. I don’t know if they still do.

• Like 2

On 08/05/2023 at 16:08, AngelCty2Nit said:

Thanks for this. Didn’t see your reply in my notifications. Is January considered low season? If so then I’ll do what you recommend. Thanks 🙏 

4 hours ago, AndyCBKK said:

Is January considered low season? If so then I’ll do what you recommend. Thanks 🙏 

Sorry, missed the Jan arrival.

January would be high season. I stand by the theory, you'll just have less options.

But imo high/low season has far greater effect on hotel type stays than the type condo properties you would be looking at 

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

• 1 month later...

I wanted to post this after a friend’s recent experience but I hope you understand if I don’t post precise details.

Be very wary when booking Waterpark Condo as one owner with multiple properties does really mess people around. You’ll book one condo but be put in another, you’ll be asked for more money because this condo is bigger, you’ll be asked to move during your stay, the condos might be in poor condition, and you’ll be threatened with a visit from the farang boyfriend if you complain too much.

As I said, be wary.

Edit: if you’re thinking of buying you should also be aware that many owners aren’t paying fees. There are yellow notices pinned to condo doors all over the building. Another friend who owns there is getting worried about the longer term consequences for the building.

• Like 2