Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Quick visa question, and anyone doing a border run on 29th this month?

david1806

Hi gang...

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give. It's a pretty straightforward one, i hope!

I'm back living in Thailand, Pattaya, and at some point will get myself a longer term type visa. But for now I'm going to do a border bounce on 29th of this month, with an almost brand new passport..so:

1. Name of/location of bus stop from Pattaya I need to use

2. Rough time it leaves ( I think it's about 5.30am?).... and price of government bus (I'm going cheap!!!) - and the bus for returning. 

3. Do I need to book the bus or can I just rock up at the right time? I only ask because I've lost my debit card so can't pay online. 

All the border info I already have from my good friend who lives near it, and has filled me in with all the info I need. 

If anyone is driving that same day, I'll happily car share/ pay towards petrol

Again, thanks for the help.  I did Google this first, but got overloaded with irrelevant bullshit, so here I am!!!

😊👍

David

My Thailand Adventure (Trip Report - kinda...)
https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/129298-my-thailand-adventure/

Based on the number of questions I'll assume its the 1st visa run and would strongly recommend booking thru one of the zillion agents who know the drill.

If you choose to do OYO, please rapport the experience 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Government bus to the border? Which border?

There is a daily service Bangkok - Phnom Phen but return on same route require overnight stay in Cambo + a visa. Can't be much savings compared to one of the organised tours from Pattaya but OP may have other reason but time and money for his choice 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kandinski said:

would strongly recommend booking thru one of the zillion agents who know the drill

I would second this. Lots of stories about them being cunts at the Cambo borders. Often seen it recommended to use a full package tour. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Hi gang...

I totally admit to breaking that cardinal rule of remembering that sorting out things in Thailand is always a ball ache and should be done waaaay in advance,  so I've taken the easy, but expensive(ish) route of using an agent.  Bus picks me up at my condo Saturday morning, back at 3pm. They send your details ahead, so they'll be no bullshit at the border.  3,900, and that includes the $30 Cambodian visa charge. 

Cheers all!!!!! 👍 😊

• Like 3

David

2 hours ago, david1806 said:

I've taken the easy, but expensive(ish) route

Well done my lad. It'll be a boring ass trip. So make sure your phone is fully charged. And bring a power bank if you have one. 

2 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Well done my lad. It'll be a boring ass trip. So make sure your phone is fully charged. And bring a power bank if you have one. 

Thank you my friend..... you were, as always, right! 🤣

I'll be filling up my tablet with stuff to watch, and my thousand page Adolf Hitler biography book.  Only half way through.... Nice bit of light reading....!! 

Plus, being picked up at 5am, I'll be asleep most of the fucking time, hopefully!! 🤣👍😉

Cheers and thanks all.  Let me know if you need details of the agency, apparently that's quite a good price? 

• Haha 2

David

12 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

And bring a power bank if you have one. 

Sorry,  just quick one.... how much should I expect to pay for one on Patts? 🙂

David

1 minute ago, david1806 said:

Sorry,  just quick one.... how much should I expect to pay for one on Patts? 🙂

Not sure mate. Tukcom should be the place to have a look around. 

Hi all....

Quick update for those interested.

Bus picked me up from my condo. Everyone pleasant and more importantly, quiet. Got to border about 9.15am. Immigration both sides really friendly, lots of little helpers running around. Apart from queuing which was a bit of a ball ache, plus a dinner on way home....all went smooth. Got back about 3pm. DEFINITELY the way to go for me......

3900 baht, but of course, bumped into someone I know last night,  who can get exactly the same service for 2,600 baht!!  It's also out there at 5,500 baht. I hate shopping around, but seriously, these Visa services vary wildly in prices. 

Cheers all! 👍🙂

Edited by david1806

David

Happy it went well, mate. What was the agency you used? 

Just checked my Google Maps Timeline (that is quite a cool fixture) and the border was Ban Pakkad.  I was impressed,  even the Thai immigration cop I had was pleasant. Loads of help people running around......

Just so you know! 

👍🙂

David

14 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

What was the agency you used? 

Leave that with me darling, can't remember off hand. It's only round the corner, I'll take a look.... 😁❤️

David

The 3,900 one is called Translation Center....I think? That's on the sign on wall anyway. It's on the second connecting soi between Soi 4 and 5, coming from the top end down towards the beach, Pratumnak Hill.  Next door to a very popular Thai restaurant. 

I can always show you @Thomaz73.....! And I've found a Danish restaurant over the road, supposedly very good. 😁👍❤️

David

2 minutes ago, david1806 said:

And I've found a Danish restaurant over the road, supposedly very good

Haha! Good added info 😆 I think I know it and am curious to try it some time.

1 hour ago, Thomaz73 said:

Haha! Good added info 😆 I think I know it and am curious to try it some time.

Only problem is, of course, full of Danish people....🤣🤣🤣🤣😉😉❤️❤️

David

Quick update.....the 3,900 service is actually called SIAM TRANSLATION CENTER....address in post above.

And the 2,600 service is actually 2,800 (that's picked up from your address, Cambodian dollar, dinner on the way home, dropped at your place  and for an extra 10 baht the driver will play with your balls). If you need details PM me because my mate just linked me to them through Line, and I've no clue what I'm doing there. 😁 And I'll probably be using them next border run.....

Cheers lads!! 👍🙂❤️

David

• 2 months later...

Hi A slightly different take.    I have a retirement OA visa - Have been on this visa now for abut 7-years.

I am DONE with the all the BS extra stuff they constantly change on OA VISA.

So question is:   Anyone know of a local Pattaya VISA agent that can change the OA VISA to O without issues?   I would rather not have to fly out at all and just have the visa changed by a local agent - 

So I looking for fly out(fly versus local bus, because 2-local Visa agents have told me  land border will cause immigration to raise questions why I change OA to O as I have been in Thailand so many years - the agents say if I fly out I can use the excuse, "I had to visit a sick friend as emergency in Cambodia and did not have time to apply for re-entry permit."),  of Thailand for a day, which will effectively cancel the OA Visa and then I return in on a 30-day VISA waiver and find an agency to process me a traditional "O" retirement visa.    

I have no issues with the bank account and the funds that are required as I have been living in Pattaya, Thailand on the OA visa which requires the ฿800,000 in a thai bank and I have always had that without issues.

Thanks for reading!

On 05/08/2023 at 03:41, dickygozinya said:

Anyone know of a local Pattaya VISA agent that can change the OA VISA to O without issues?  

Hi mate - I am absolutely no expert, I can only tell you what I have heard last few months I have been here.  I know one thing, the VISA agencies vary wildly in price (and possibly service?).

Anyway, I have heard many good things about the Tik Tok agency in Jomtien.  A few of my long-term expat mates use their service - staffed by all-female Thais, for what that's worth. 🙂

• Like 2

David