IGNORED

Trip in 3 weeks

tobeornottobe

I delayed my trip by a month as I wasn't feeling great . Anyway looking forward to the trip now which is 3 weeks from today . Anyway my question is related to entry requirements.  I'm pretty sure you don't need to show covid certs any more even though I'm fully vaxed.  What about insurance. Do I need to make sure I have this  . I don't want any nasty surprises when I arrive so can everyone tell me if there's anything I'll def need ? 

30 minutes ago, tobeornottobe said:

I delayed my trip by a month as I wasn't feeling great . Anyway looking forward to the trip now which is 3 weeks from today . Anyway my question is related to entry requirements.  I'm pretty sure you don't need to show covid certs any more even though I'm fully vaxed.  What about insurance. Do I need to make sure I have this  . I don't want any nasty surprises when I arrive so can everyone tell me if there's anything I'll def need ? 

There is no longer a need to present covid certificates.

You should obviously check if you need a visa depending on your nationality and the duration of your stay

When it comes to insurance, it's up to you. You can opt for the protection offered by your credit card (Visa and Mastercard Gold or equivalent) or purchase separate travel insurance. or go with nothing.

The longer your stay, the more travel insurance may be a good idea (it may also be a good idea if you intend to do risky activities). But nothing is mandatory.

PS: the French GOV website indicates that immigration staff may ask to present the equivalent of 20,000 THB per person in cash. ( never been in this situation, tho)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Muzeander said:

immigration staff may ask to present the equivalent of 20,000 THB per person in cash

Along with onward travel and lodging. But! They only do that with people staying here too much on tourist visas+/exemptions. Or if someone rocks up looking like hobo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

The most important item is your boarding pass, have that in your pocket and available for the Thai officials to see.

It's a long walk back to the plane if you left it there...:Oops5:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1