Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

USA citizen arriving without a visa

Carl123

7 minutes ago, mikemikemike said:

This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway. I was thinking about staying 40 days on my next trip. I know that I will get 30 days when I arrive and will have to extend my visa another 30 days if I want to stay 40 days. My dumb question is would I be allowed to extend my visa after I arrive at the immigration office in Jomtien? Would the airline even let me on the airplane if I had a round trip ticket for 40 days and no visa extension? If the airline let me fly would I have any problems at arrival without the visa extension? I would be flying from the USA.

The airline might not let you board with a 40 day stay and no visa.

I usually fly China Airlines and they don’t charge to change the return flight, other than any price difference. I have changed my wife’s return flight multiple times for free.
Check with your airline about their change policy and maybe travel with a 30 day return flight, then change it after your extension is granted in Jomtien.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

4 hours ago, mikemikemike said:

This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway. I was thinking about staying 40 days on my next trip. I know that I will get 30 days when I arrive and will have to extend my visa another 30 days if I want to stay 40 days. My dumb question is would I be allowed to extend my visa after I arrive at the immigration office in Jomtien? Would the airline even let me on the airplane if I had a round trip ticket for 40 days and no visa extension? If the airline let me fly would I have any problems at arrival without the visa extension? I would be flying from the USA.

Airlines are likely to not let you board. So, two options. Get a single entry tourist visa before making your way here, or get a cheap onward throwaway ticket within 30 days. 

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

5 hours ago, mikemikemike said:

Sorry but this question has been answered over and over another threads and even in this thread.

You can walk into Thailand on a 30-day visa and get a 30-day extension and immigration for 1900 baht no problem.

Apparently you can get a 60-day Visa online as an e Visa and it's quick and easy according to some posters in this thread.

If you try to get on an airplane with a 30-day visa and a return ticket for 40 days out there's a good chance the airlines will not let you board. I say good chance because sometimes they don't check but usually they do depending on the airline. If you choose that approach you need a return ticket within the 30-day Visa window. There are many services that will sell you cheap outward one way tickets for something in the neighborhood of $20 USD.

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

30 minutes ago, AngelCty2Nit said:

walk into Thailand on a 30-day visa

Exemption, mate. It's to facilitate tourism without visas :)

1 hour ago, Thomaz73 said:

Exemption, mate. It's to facilitate tourism without visas :)

sometimes a post can include the wrong language which confuses things. Apologies if I provided confusing information.

FROM THE OFFICIAL THAILAND WEBSITE (https://www.thaievisa.go.th )

With a Tourist visa, you can stay in Thailand for no longer than 60 days. If you wish to stay in Thailand for more than 60 days, you can extend your stay with the Immigration Bureau. 

OR

You can travel to Thailand without a visa for no longer than 30 days.

If that is not helpful apologies. I will in the future STFU about these matters.

And if you know me at all, you know I am no one's 'mate' and I take offense to that reference.

Cheers.

Edited by AngelCty2Nit

23 minutes ago, AngelCty2Nit said:

You can travel to Thailand without a visa for no longer than 30 days

Exactly. You said "30-day visa" above. There is no such thing. It's an exemption. Nitpicking, perhaps. But over the years, in many different groups where these matters are discussed, I have learned that terminology matters. 

Sorry for using the m word. Intentions were friendly :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thomaz73 said:

Exactly. You said "30-day visa" above. There is no such thing. It's an exemption. Nitpicking, perhaps. But over the years, in many different groups where these matters are discussed, I have learned that terminology matters. 

Sorry for using the m word. Intentions were friendly :)

you are right, and right

and I understand your intentions were well meant...no worries

Thanks for the replies. I am on a job that is coming to an end soon but I don't know the exact date. When that job ends is when I want to leave.For now I will just do a 30 day stay. In the future when I have more definitive dates I can plan ahead and get a 30 day extension.

19 hours ago, AngelCty2Nit said:

If you try to get on an airplane with a 30-day visa and a return ticket for 40 days out there's a good chance the airlines will not let you board. I say good chance because sometimes they don't check but usually they do depending on the airline. If you choose that approach you need a return ticket within the 30-day Visa window.

Just to clarify. You do not need a return ticket, you need proof of onward travel.