IGNORED

My Day Out at Plutalang Navy GC

Tuna Town

Played here in April. Today actually a Saturday at Songkran time 

Green Fee 1000 baht Caddy and Cart Included

I had never played here as I had a series of repeated no shows after a big night in Pattaya to my name everytime I booked it in 

Last night I ran it very close again  as I didn't get to sleep until around 2am due to some late night drunken exercise which was had. Needless to say when the alarm went at 6:30am I did consider no showing but decided against it 

Tee off early as only myself playing and around in about 2.5 hours which wasn't bad going for a Saturday considering I got held up a few times by groups of four 

Played the East and West 9s. Was to play the East and South 9 but due to my speed around the first 9 ended up on the West 9 to avoid waiting an hour or so to resume the back 9 

As for my golf the handicap has slipped out to 14 these days and with events in life recently going the way they have I wasn't expecting much from my golf.

Usually I have in the time leading up to my trip hit the driving range a couple of times a week and done some chipping and putting practice so the game isn't far off 

Well this time I ain't picked up a club in 4 weeks and have been busy dealing with a deceased estate issue so my head has been in a foggy daze for a month

So striding into the first tee I am expecting to play pretty shit. My goal for today is to break 100 so I ain't exactly got lofty goals 

I look at this trip as a chance to get better as the two weeks go by as I can enjoy the game after the other issues going on in my life 

So being the goals were low I was delighted to walk off with 92 off the stick 

The first hole seen my first swing in a month which was rusty as fuck and it was only a practice swing. So to hit it for real and see it go down the fairway into the trees with a wicked slice is usually something not to enjoy for me it was a win 

As for my game the only real highlight was my wedges into the green were good and I was striking my irons rather well all day. 

As for the rest of the skills.

Driver I think I hit one straight ish all day the rest had a 30m late slice going 

Fairway Woods Ok at times but could have been better

My chipping wasn't great but that's to be expected when your not playing 

My putting was abysmal. I struggled to hit the ball correctly to start with and the slowness of the greens seen me leaving them well short for about 6 holes before I started to. Cotton on that I needed to hit them harder

Highlights of the Round was finding a Par on the 2nd hole. A Par 3 over a water hazard seen me very nervous as I waited to tee off as I could see the ball finding the drink with my current shitty game. 

Needless to say it didn't when I smacked it pin high 12 feet left if the flag. Couldn't get the birdie as that requires you to hit it hard enough to get to the hole which I didn't do

Lowlight was really nothing. I had quite a few doubles today but nothing bigger than a double so that was a positive 

Lost Ball tally was 1 where I teed off into the drink right on the Par 5 11th thanks to that 30 metre slice I developed 

Course is a bit rough around the edges in a lot of ways but I was expecting that. Greens did have some damage in various spots where it looks like the green has died off in heat or had some bug in the grass or something. I didn't mind it as it challenging in nature 

About a 40 minute drive from Central Pattaya

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

6 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

Played here in April. Today actually a Saturday at Songkran time 

Green Fee 1000 baht Caddy and Cart Included

I had never played here as I had a series of repeated no shows after a big night in Pattaya to my name everytime I booked it in 

Last night I ran it very close again  as I didn't get to sleep until around 2am due to some late night drunken exercise which was had. Needless to say when the alarm went at 6:30am I did consider no showing but decided against it 

Tee off early as only myself playing and around in about 2.5 hours which wasn't bad going for a Saturday considering I got held up a few times by groups of four 

Played the East and West 9s. Was to play the East and South 9 but due to my speed around the first 9 ended up on the West 9 to avoid waiting an hour or so to resume the back 9 

As for my golf the handicap has slipped out to 14 these days and with events in life recently going the way they have I wasn't expecting much from my golf.

Usually I have in the time leading up to my trip hit the driving range a couple of times a week and done some chipping and putting practice so the game isn't far off 

Well this time I ain't picked up a club in 4 weeks and have been busy dealing with a deceased estate issue so my head has been in a foggy daze for a month

So striding into the first tee I am expecting to play pretty shit. My goal for today is to break 100 so I ain't exactly got lofty goals 

I look at this trip as a chance to get better as the two weeks go by as I can enjoy the game after the other issues going on in my life 

So being the goals were low I was delighted to walk off with 92 off the stick 

The first hole seen my first swing in a month which was rusty as fuck and it was only a practice swing. So to hit it for real and see it go down the fairway into the trees with a Wicked slice is usually something not to enjoy for me it was a win 

As for my game the only real highlight was my wedges into the green were good and I was striking my irons rather well all day. 

Driver I think I hit one straight ish all day the rest had a 30m late slice going 

Fairway Woods Ok at times but could have been better

My chipping wasn't great but that's to be expected when your not playing 

My putting was abysmal. I struggled to hit the ball correctly to start with and the slowness of the greens seen me leaving them well short for about 6 holes before I started to. Cotton on that I needed to hit them harder

Highlights of the Round was finding a Par on the 2nd hole. A Par 3 over a water hazard seen me very nervous as I waited to tee off as I could see the ball finding the drink with my current shitty game. 

Needless to say it didn't when I smacked it pin high 12 feet left if the flag. Couldn't get the birdie as that requires you to hit it hard enough to get to the hole which I didn't do

Lowlight was really nothing. I had quite a few doubles today but nothing bigger than a double so that was a positive 

Lost Ball tally was 1 where I teed off into the drink right on the Par 5 11th thanks to that 30 metre slice I developed 

Course is a bit rough around the edges in a lot of ways but I was expecting that. Greens did have some damage in various spots where it looks like the green has died off in heat or had some bug in the grass or something. I didn't mind it as it challenging in nature 

thanks for the post.  the photo of the course's rolling hills with mountain in the background looks great.  funnily enough i was thinking about playing putaluang today (have never played it) but just walked 9 at the thai marine corps golf course instead.  i may PM you some day to see if you're up for a round!

"If a man could fuck a woman in a cardboard box, he wouldn't buy a house". - Dave Chappelle

Lost the details of the front 9 due to the change of schedule so only have the back 9 record

Screenshot_2023-04-15-15-07-06-04_94c3c0214f41e8559bec03caf75c21c7.jpg

• Like 2

One of the worst courses I have ever played in Pattaya. The only way I would play here was if I didn't have a choice to play somewhere else.

Played here in April. Today actually a Sunday 

Green Fee 1300 baht Caddy and Cart Included

Obviously got a Songkran promotion last week so a bit more today 

I played the East and West courses last week and today it would be the North and South courses.Same caddy organised as of last week when I made the booking for today 

Tee off early as only myself playing and around in about 2.5 hours which wasn't bad going for a Sunday considering I got held up a few times by groups of four 

Played the South first and then the North 9s.

As for my golf the handicap has slipped out to 14 and after recent golf I was somewhat happy with today's golfing where I shot a 94. Normally I wouldn't be happy with this score but today I felt I was at least moving in somewhat of the right direction with my golf even if the score doesn't show

Highlights of the Round was finding a Par on the 11th hole. A Par 5 over a water hazard 2nd shot carry seen me get a good drive away. I chose not to try for two and laid up over the water but short of the green  Chipped on and then got robbed on the birdie putt again. One of these days one will drop 555

Second highlight was really holding my emotions in check today. After having a 52 on the front 9 it would have been easy but I responded with a 42 on the back 9 

Lowlight was really three bad holes on the front 9. 3rd 6th and 9th

Now for the rest of the 9 I got by quite well but these holes I got punished on.

On the 3rd tee shot away centre fairway and then just hooked the ball a little left with the 7wood. Ended up in the bunker. Took way too much sand and had to have a second to get out. Then followed it up with a 4 putt for an 8. Didn't have a 3 putt all day just left the first one way short then smacked the next too far past and missed the coming back putt. Disaster considering where I was for 1

As for the 6th. Long Par 5 OB left water right. I didn't really commit to the tee and leaked it right into the Hazard. Not knowing the conditions I should have smashed the tee shot if it went right I would have been fine. Chunked out of hazard then had to lay up due to a water carry leaving me playing in a 7 Iron for my 4th. Proceeded to chunk it in the water. Next one got a yard or so  over before rolling back down into the Hazard. Chipped on for 8 two putt for 10 with the 9th putt lipping out for good measure. 

So I about now I am considering why I left a naked TG in my condo to come out and do this crap. But on the next tee it is head back down and not let it get to me.

On the 9th I hit a great tee shot going 260metres. Downhill but FMD I never hit one that far. Then proceed to leak the gap wedge right and into the Hazard which I didn't even know was there . Pitch on for 4 two putt for a double bogey.

They were my only 3 bad holes all day and the other 15 are more than acceptable with room for improvement 

As for my game the real highlight was my driver. I had spent two sessions at the driving range since Royal Lakeside trying to find some form and on Saturday I had found my driver again. I took it to the course today and hit many straight and well. Just took a little adjustment to get my lead shoulder back more at the turn for proven results 

Irons were poor. I just couldn't hit the 7iron all day and guess which club I kept getting all day long ??

Wedges weren't really as strong today as had been. Didn't hit many but let myself down when I did 

Fairway Woods Went well today much better contact

My chipping wasn't great but it is developing. I am developing a few more shots around the greens here. Which going forward is gonna help more in the future 

My putting was solidish. Did have the 4 putt though and still can't buy a putt to save my life at present but it statistically ain't looking great isn't as much of a burden than it appears to be. Todays venue has had the slowest greens so far this trip

Lost Ball tally was 3 Two on the 6th and 1 on the 9th 

Course is a bit rough around the edges but I quite like it. North and West 9s were my two favourite loops 

Stayed after at the driving range at the couse. Tray of 30 balls for 25 baht. Grass or Matt's available. 250 yards plus in distance