Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thailand Drafts Bill to Decriminalize its Billion-Dollar Sex Trade

BIGFREE1

https://www.voanews.com/a/thailand-drafts-bill-to-decriminalize-its-billion-dollar-sex-trade/7040409.html

BANGKOK — 

From the rows of massage parlors, pulsing night clubs and rowdy bars of Thailand’s gaudy red-light districts, the country’s billion-dollar sex trade operates all but in the open.

Technically, the sex they sell is illegal, but a new government-led plan aims to change that. It calls for repealing the 1996 Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, which makes most sex work a crime, and replacing it with a new law, the Protection of Sex Work Act, affirming the rights of sex workers and their places of business to sell sex.

The bill’s proponents hope it will help the country’s sex workers — estimated to number anywhere from 100,000 to 300,000 — ply their trade more safely and earn higher wages. Opponents fear it will leave many sex workers exploited by middlemen and trafficking gangs, and clash with the country’s values and traditions.

Edited by BIGFREE1
Words
  • Haha 2

Medellin Hotel List - Guest Friendly Establishments 

• 6 months later...
15 minutes ago, Burner69420 said:

Did anything ever come of this? 

If it did, my friend Google isn't aware of it.

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.

The draft bill had been written by a Thai professor on behalf of the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security.  The Ministry had intended to submit the draft bill to the government after the May elections.  Presumably the Cabinet would make any changes it deemed necessary, then would have introduced the draft bill to the National Asssembly for consideration, debate and eventual approval. 

However, the outcome of the election and the delay in forming a new government has very likely put all such plans on hold, if not undone them entirely.  Much will depend on whether the new leadership of the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security supports legalization of sex work.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 2

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

• 6 months later...

Damn...here come all the mongers....🤣place wont be the same.

I realize most issues are "hyped" and talked about...

Then never started or they try it and then want a "mulligan"

7 hours ago, Greg_B said:

a "mulligan"

Out and about today with no VPN for searching, so, even if it shows my ignorance, what is a 'mulligan' in this context. I thought it referred to an Irish stew, but.........................................?

Edited by ICanand IWill

3 minutes ago, ICanand IWill said:

Out and about today with no VPN for searching, so, even if it shows my ignorance, what is a 'mulligan' in this context. I thought it referred to an Irish stew, but.........................................?

A mulligan is a second chance to perform an action, usually after the first chance went wrong through bad luck or a blunder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Billy Shears said:

A mulligan is a second chance to perform an action, usually after the first chance went wrong through bad luck or a blunder.

Cheers @Billy Shears just it was bugging me not knowing - will research this evening😀

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ICanand IWill said:

Cheers @Billy Shears just it was bugging me not knowing - will research this evening😀

It's a term used in golf

7 hours ago, Greg_B said:

It's a term used in golf

Yeah - thanks - my golfing days have been very few and far apart, mainly as it cost me too much in lost balls - so guess I must have had many 'mulligans' !!

It does also have a meaning for stews, but not necessarily an Irish stew.

Very nice to live and learn - many thanks😀

• Harry Brown locked this topic