IGNORED

Pattaya2u - a review

filipef

I have read good and bad about Pataya2U computer repair shop, so this is my review, with no comments, just as objective as i can be.

In February, one of my laptop hinges (the left one) broke, so i went there to repair. It took a couple of hours and i paid 1200 THB.

2 days ago, the right hinge was almost breaking too, so yesterday morming i went to Pattaya2U again. When i got in, a lady saluted me and i showed the hinge almost breaking. She says "we can do", and i reply "yes, i know, some time ago i was here to fix the other one". The owner (?), in the back, was listening, and asked "when was it?", and i said "i cant remember, maybe 3 oy 4 weeks ago". "If it was 2-3 weeks, we will do it for free, as you were here to fix the other one", he said, "but, if it was more than 2 months ago, you have to pay". I replied "i cant remeber exactly when it was, but i am sure it less than 2 months ago".

"ok, come back at 6 pm".

At 4 pm, i was back and a different guy gave me the laptop. The hinge was ok, but i decided to turn it on. Well, the right corner ate the bottom of the screen was different from the rest, like some light was getting in. I called the guy and pointed the screen. "Look! What´s that?". He starts...."well, i think it was already like this, ....something not working good before...."

I did not need to say anything, because the boss/manager/owner was, once again, listening and approached the table, looked at the screen, touched, pressed,....and said "i am sorry, you have to come back again tomorrow, i have to order the (... i did not understand the word...) from Bangkok. But you will not pay anything. I am sorry, sir".

So, i went home and today i went back to the shop. Everything is working good. Did not pay anything.

End of the story (i hope)

just like you, after reading so many glowing reviews went there as i had a problem with a screen,

Do note i am very computer savvy, but when it comes to fixing, even though i know what needs to be done, i have never done it and do not want to test it.

Anyhow, cut the story short, they first attempted to rip me off for a cheaper type of screen, when i brought it up, they first said they will exchange it, but to come back, then said same type of screen is not made any more

When i asked to write it down and sign, all over sudden they were ready to fully refund, total damage 5000 baht

Nice of them to refund, only thing is,  problem was a loose cable connection, 20 baht and less than 10 min to get it done.

• Like 2