IGNORED

Trip in 12 days and considering postponing

tobeornottobe

Due to fly out on the 14th of April but I'm considering postponing.  The reason being I don't feel healthy enough to go ..I'm 300 lbs ..borderline alcoholic.  I suffer from chronic gerd and digestive issues. I constantly feel bloated . I've 2 choices.  Postpone until I overhaul my life and feel really for it or try and live very healthy for the next 12 days ..gym every day and just go. I'm only 44

stop drinking now. get through the anxiety / shakes / cold sweats. you'll have a better outlook in 4-5 days. then reassess. 

Stop drinking alcohol. Do exercises. Eat healthy, sleep a lot and drink at least 2 litres per day of water. 

you will feel better. Even in Pattaya stop drinking alcohol. You do not need alcohol to do party. 

• Like 3

U won't get superfit in 12 day's, so U only have to choose where would U prefer to be, at ure home or in Thailand? Would be easy choice for me. Live as healthy as possible untill ure holiday, go for it and on holiday also be reasonable about ure health, just mo

• Like 4

Maybe better to not travel if you do not feel good because it will be easier to go to see doctor in your country. 

what I can advise is simply ask your doctor what he think

Edited by neandertal13
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

I don't feel healthy enough to go

You just answered your own question. Re-evaluate in 10 days and if you still feel the same way postpone your trip. It sucks but Pattaya will always be there, you may not… Work on getting your health back on track and getting your alcohol intake in check.

I just did the same and was 107kg (236 lbs) down to 82kg (181 lbs). Was drinking most days but now once every couple of weeks. Join a gym, cardio is your friend…

That’s just my opinion anyway, good luck it really is mind over matter…

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

Due to fly out on the 14th of April but I'm considering postponing.  The reason being I don't feel healthy enough to go ..I'm 300 lbs ..borderline alcoholic.  I suffer from chronic gerd and digestive issues. I constantly feel bloated . I've 2 choices.  Postpone until I overhaul my life and feel really for it or try and live very healthy for the next 12 days ..gym every day and just go. I'm only 44

I would go...

Whether you are at home or in Thailand, your health remains the same.
So why not be on vacation in Thailand and enjoy your stay?

As long as you don't plan on backpacking across the country, this shouldn't be a problem.

Eat healthy for the remaining 12 days to prepare yourself, avoid alcohol if you can, or drink as little as possible.

During your stay in Thailand, be reasonable and take it easy

• Like 3

Don’t gym every day before you go that’s pointless you’ll just injure yourself. 

Go on your trip and have an hour walk up and down the entire length of the beach every day (preferably twice) and start to turn yourself around. 

Go to Sizzler salad bar daily and get some healthy food into your system. 

Edited by Arnie85

On 02/04/2023 at 09:36, tobeornottobe said:

Waiting to be a new man can delay the trip too long. See if a doctor visit is in order before you go.

Do what you can like little or no drinking and gerd habit improvements no late evening meals, coffee, chocolate.

I've been there, similar age and weight, age, gerd, bloated, although had already cut back on drinking. I did cancel a trip, had bags packed and was carrying them to the door and realized I felt like shit and didn't want to go. Forfeited the non-refundable tickets.

Took another 10 years before I figured out gluten in the cup ramen I had just before heading out caused that bloated shit feeling. The doctors didn't help me figure out why I felt like shit always after plate of pasta or ramen noodles.

I would sort out health issues to at least feel good enough to travel. Might be done in 12 days or postpone. I wouldn't really try to exercise and gym too much beforehand as it's so close to going. Doctor should be able to say if you are in good enough health for walking a few km a day (up and down walking street).

5 hours ago, snowbird said:

Waiting to be a new man can delay the trip too long. See if a doctor visit is in order before you go.

Do what you can like little or no drinking and gerd habit improvements no late evening meals, coffee, chocolate.

I've been there, similar age and weight, age, gerd, bloated, although had already cut back on drinking. I did cancel a trip, had bags packed and was carrying them to the door and realized I felt like shit and didn't want to go. Forfeited the non-refundable tickets.

Took another 10 years before I figured out gluten in the cup ramen I had just before heading out caused that bloated shit feeling. The doctors didn't help me figure out why I felt like shit always after plate of pasta or ramen noodles.

I would sort out health issues to at least feel good enough to travel. Might be done in 12 days or postpone. I wouldn't really try to exercise and gym too much beforehand as it's so close to going. Doctor should be able to say if you are in good enough health for walking a few km a day (up and down walking street).

I'm in a lucky situation where if I cancel my flight within 36 hours of departure .  I can get a voucher for the cost of my ticket plus 10% to be used within 12 months . I booked with Qatar airways. However if i dont go ill lose the money i paid for 10 nights at amethyst hotel. 16k bhat . Not crazy money but its not nice all the same. With regards activity I am a very overweight  man but I can still be very mobile.  My job is very active . I also know what I'm at in the gym . The reason I want to go there is to get my libido and test up a bit . Just a week of lifting makes a big difference . I haven't drank since I created the thread.  My main issue is my gut health . I feel very bloated after eating . I get very gassy and suffer from bad gerd 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/04/2023 at 01:49, tobeornottobe said:

I'm in a lucky situation where if I cancel my flight within 36 hours of departure .  I can get a voucher for the cost of my ticket plus 10% to be used within 12 months . I booked with Qatar airways. However if i dont go ill lose the money i paid for 10 nights at amethyst hotel. 16k bhat . Not crazy money but its not nice all the same. With regards activity I am a very overweight  man but I can still be very mobile.  My job is very active . I also know what I'm at in the gym . The reason I want to go there is to get my libido and test up a bit . Just a week of lifting makes a big difference . I haven't drank since I created the thread.  My main issue is my gut health . I feel very bloated after eating . I get very gassy and suffer from bad gerd 

Although, the gym does help and you will need it to get into better health, the best thing you can do right now is to go on a diet. Contrary to what most people say about counting calories, the most sustainable thing you can do is what you DON'T eat.

Hope you feel better and made the trip.

• Like 2

Sadly Pats is no place for a Piss Head, temptation is too easy to achieve. 

Stay sort yourself out and come when you feel better and quite possibly have better control of your life and self.

I wish you well for the future and please ignore the posts saying come we all know it will end in tears

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, did he go on 14th April or not? 

• 4 weeks later...

I didn't.  I have my trip booked for the 21st of Sept 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

I hope that your weight is continuing to go down and that your health is improving!

I got fed up with my "informal diet" in early April (which was completely ineffective, because I was eating crappy) and got a little more serious about it. 

I started logging everything I eat, and the app syncs with my Apple watch to factor in exercise.  Nice little motivator, and I am now down about 16-18 lbs. (16 from 1st day of logging, but I think that was a good 1.5 under the previous day which I wouldn't enter b/c I was so depressed by it). 

I'm coming up on 2 months (June 6), and I'm REALLY trying to get about another lb. off before then.  555

I'm back in early August, so I have about 2 more months to hit my goal of weighing less than I did in November 2021, but I'm not too far off - maybe another 7 lbs. After that, I'm shooting for my 2019 weight.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, tobeornottobe said:

I get bad reflux etc.

If I cut down on the below

on white bread or any bread really

pastries

sugary treats

cokes

I feel better and just cutting down on these things can be a start to losing weight. try doing one meal a day and cut down on portion size. 

Walking is good exercise for you at your weight 

• Like 4

Have a friend 120kg, but he is tall guy almost 2m and the weight wasn't on his belly but all over body, he started carnivore diet and went down to 100kg in 2-3months, no gym or anything else, but work keeps him constantly walking 

On 04/06/2023 at 17:25, Harry Brown said:

I get bad reflux etc.

If I cut down on the below

on white bread or any bread really

pastries

sugary treats

cokes

I feel better and just cutting down on these things can be a start to losing weight. try doing one meal a day and cut down on portion size. 

Walking is good exercise for you at your weight 

Essentially a Keto / low carb diet. Probably one of the easiest diets to maintain. No need for calorie counting.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Another option you have: intermittent fasting, just drop the breakfast and stop eating at around 8pm...it will drastically help you 

I feel your pain, my last trip I felt awful.  Huge digestive issues, managed just about as the pain was in bouts but it wasn’t pleasant. When I got home had a huge episode, went to A&E and discovered had gallstones. Having gallbladder removed next week. 

I suggest getting a couple of scans done, ultra-sound and MRCP (mri). Check if you have gallstones.