IGNORED

Metro Apartments vs VT6 vs ?

Deckard Cain

Good morning lads.

So, I have my first trip to town coming up in about 9 weeks.

Ive been looking around like crazy for a place that fits me.

I have a reservation at Metro Apartments currently. It has pretty much all I want. But it's very outdated and the rooms are not that flattering, let's be honest.

So I have been checking out VT6 aswell.

And been looking around for similar or better places.

What I'm looking for:

- Located as close to LK Metro as possible

- Must have a couch with a table

- Must have a decently sized balcony with seats available 

And that's why I've landed on Metro Apartments and VT6, they both meet all of my requirements with Metro Apartments having slightly preferable location.

I have pretty much ruled out The Base because of the lackluster balconies. They don't seem to be deep enough, imo. Maybe I'm wrong, feel free to tell me if so. Also from my understanding VT6 holds up much better.

So, on to my questions:

1. Considering my three requirements, anyone have any other suggestions?

2. Is it really worth going with metro apartments over VT6 (or other) only because of location? (Leaning towards no here to be honest)

3. If going with VT6, is it really worth to fork out an extra 12k to get a 23rd floor sea view room (north side) vs a 9th floor room (also north side)?

My price range is 1000B/day (maybe can push to 1500 for a really nice place).

Actually, as I'm posting this I realize that Metro Apartments is probably off the table. Unless someone have some good convincing arguments for the place.

Cya in June :Party4::wink:

8 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

Super Deluxe Room (Evergreen @ Areca Lodge)

https://arecalodge.com/

rsz_super-deluxe_1.jpg

rsz_super-deluxe_8.jpg

Thanks for this advice. Didn't think about going straight to the websites of hotels.

This room is not available on Agoda etc on my dates but was available on their site. Was checking it out earlier because of all the recommendations posted here.

Is Areca really worth same price as VT6 25th floor sea view condo (with 5 day/week maid service) though? 

Imo, been hard to find hotel that lives up to my requirements that gives more value for money than condo. I guess that's because of the balcony and couch with table requirement, those rooms are of course not the budget options when it comes to hotels. More like the premium options, really...

If (when? :D) I go on a second trip I think I might double my hotel-budget. :unsure:

@Deckard Cain , you could try this one 

http://www.pattayaguesthouse-hideaway.com

you might get a better look of a map and room ect if you went to booking.com 

rooms are over 35sq mt  1,000baht a night , they have a bar downstairs 

short walk to LK Metro

1 hour ago, onehunglo said:

short walk to LK Metro

I was there for the best part of a month lat year. No complaints.

• Like 2

I stayed on LK Metro once, never again. Sound proofing poor, music blasting all night. I left after a few nights of very little sleep and checked into the Metropole. It was worth every baht to move.

1 hour ago, dontpanic said:

I stayed on LK Metro once, never again. Sound proofing poor, music blasting all night. I left after a few nights of very little sleep and checked into the Metropole. It was worth every baht to move.

Yep - loud as hell there wherever you stay.

I first stayed in Metro Apartments 2014. The first night there I was like WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF???? :D

2 hours ago, dontpanic said:

Agree totally, doesn`t help having a gogo bar right next door to metro apts (or they did back then) boom boom coming through the walls from about 7.00pm till at least 2.00am. impossible if you fancied an early night avoid at all cost. 

Edited by Pattaya_mad

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2023 at 07:25, onehunglo said:

short walk to LK Metro

Big thanks for this one!

I ended up booking a room for my stay.

Big rooms, big bed, sofa, balcony etc. Fits me perfectly.

More modern than Metro Apartments also.

Cheers