Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Where to Stay in Jomtien - Soi 5, Cozy Beach area

Macawber

Starting to plan my next trip for August. I'm looking for a decent guesthouse or smaller hotel in the Soi 5, Cozy Beach area. I'm looking for a room with balcony, AC, in room safe, walk in shower and a decent flat screen TV. A pool would be great too but not a deal breaker.

I haven't visited the Jomtien / Pratamnak areas post Covid but I assume there have been some changes with some businesses and accommodation providers closing as has been the case in Pattaya.

For example, here are some places I've stayed at recently pre and post Covid.

Hideaway Guesthouse

hotel Amber

Pattaya Blue Sky 

Boomerang Guesthouse

I've done a quick search on Agoda and other sites but I'm not familiar with the location and how to access transport (other than Bolt) to get in to Pattaya.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or advise it would be much appreciated. TIA. 

Edited by Macawber

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 minute ago, Macawber said:

Double post

Edited by Macawber

Funnily enough, I am just moving into a condo in the Cozy Beach area. It's almost a village within the village of Pratumnak. You might not realise, but there is no access to Pratumnak Soi's 4 and 5 without going up to the Junction at the top of the hill again. There is one street which has a selection of reasonable cost Thai cafés, a couple of bakeries, the usual massage shops and the inevitable weed shops, one with a pizza/weed twist. And of course a family mart and 7/11.

There is of course the "millionaires row" of quality tourist restaurants Sky Gallery, Chocolate, Factory, Three mermaids etc. which I think are still reasonably priced for a treat night or show off to that special guest ...

Transport is your issue, it's a place you need your own bike, or you will be getting a bolt every day. It's really not far, on my bike I am on Walking Street within 5 minutes down the famous hill, but that is one of the reasons it's much quieter as a place to stay. Pratumnak Soi 5 has become a lot livelier in the last few months, every unit is now occupied, a new night market about to open, and some decent bars. It also of course has nearby Kinnaree gentlemen club.

Cosy beach hotel is directly behind the Sky gallery, and is always popular. There are several smaller guest houses which are all 800 or below per night, but I have never stayed in any, so can't help much beyond that I'm afraid.

If I was coming as a tourist I would probably stay nearer Soi 4 or 5 in Pratumnak, Cozy beach is almost all an expat area except for the beachside restaurants, so you will find more happening in the Soi 5 area if you did not want to go into town that night. Hope that helps.

30 minutes ago, Stokielad said:

Funnily enough, I am just moving into a condo in the Cozy Beach area. It's almost a village within the village of Pratumnak. You might not realise, but there is no access to Pratumnak Soi's 4 and 5 without going up to the Junction at the top of the hill again. There is one street which has a selection of reasonable cost Thai cafés, a couple of bakeries, the usual massage shops and the inevitable weed shops, one with a pizza/weed twist. And of course a family mart and 7/11.

There is of course the "millionaires row" of quality tourist restaurants Sky Gallery, Chocolate, Factory, Three mermaids etc. which I think are still reasonably priced for a treat night or show off to that special guest ...

Transport is your issue, it's a place you need your own bike, or you will be getting a bolt every day. It's really not far, on my bike I am on Walking Street within 5 minutes down the famous hill, but that is one of the reasons it's much quieter as a place to stay. Pratumnak Soi 5 has become a lot livelier in the last few months, every unit is now occupied, a new night market about to open, and some decent bars. It also of course has nearby Kinnaree gentlemen club.

Cosy beach hotel is directly behind the Sky gallery, and is always popular. There are several smaller guest houses which are all 800 or below per night, but I have never stayed in any, so can't help much beyond that I'm afraid.

If I was coming as a tourist I would probably stay nearer Soi 4 or 5 in Pratumnak, Cozy beach is almost all an expat area except for the beachside restaurants, so you will find more happening in the Soi 5 area if you did not want to go into town that night. Hope that helps.

Thanks . I appreciate the advice. Take care. 

I can highly recommend FX hotel at Pratumnak Rd corner Soi 4.

I got upgraded for free to executive room for 800b, 45m2, big balcony.

Nice pool and even a small gym.

2 hours ago, Macawber said:

Starting to plan my next trip for August. I'm looking for a decent guesthouse or smaller hotel in the Soi 5, Cozy Beach area. I'm looking for a room with balcony, AC, in room safe, walk in shower and a decent flat screen TV. A pool would be great too but not a deal breaker.

I haven't visited the Jomtien / Pratamnak areas post Covid but I assume there have been some changes with some businesses and accommodation providers closing as has been the case in Pattaya.

For example, here are some places I've stayed at recently pre and post Covid.

Hideaway Guesthouse

hotel Amber

Pattaya Blue Sky 

Boomerang Guesthouse

I've done a quick search on Agoda and other sites but I'm not familiar with the location and how to access transport (other than Bolt) to get in to Pattaya.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions or advise it would be much appreciated. TIA. 

How long is your trip and what sort of budget do you have?

I’ve always stayed in condos in Jomtien so can’t personally recommend any hotels/guesthouses. I know Akvavit and Happy Vikings have rooms above the restaurant. They are next to each other on Jomtien Beach Road near Soi 3. Happy Vikings are advertising rooms at between 790 and 1690 a night. Neither have a pool.

There are a few places that advertise rooms in the Sois in that area but I don’t know anything about them. There’s a place called BB House on Dongtan Beach that, I think, is a more Thai oriented hotel/serviced apartment place.

Another option would be to rent a condo. For example, if you rented in VT2A through Dancewatchers you can have the condo cleaned 5 days a week, including bed and towels, and have the facilities of the condo building like a big pool, shop, restaurants, laundries. Depends what you’re looking for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3 hours ago, davidge said:

How long is your trip and what sort of budget do you have?

I’ve always stayed in condos in Jomtien so can’t personally recommend any hotels/guesthouses. I know Akvavit and Happy Vikings have rooms above the restaurant. They are next to each other on Jomtien Beach Road near Soi 3. Happy Vikings are advertising rooms at between 790 and 1690 a night. Neither have a pool.

There are a few places that advertise rooms in the Sois in that area but I don’t know anything about them. There’s a place called BB House on Dongtan Beach that, I think, is a more Thai oriented hotel/serviced apartment place.

Another option would be to rent a condo. For example, if you rented in VT2A through Dancewatchers you can have the condo cleaned 5 days a week, including bed and towels, and have the facilities of the condo building like a big pool, shop, restaurants, laundries. Depends what you’re looking for.

Fantastic info ... just what i'm looking for. I'm on a modest budget and looking to stay in the Jomtien area for 3-5 nights, but I'm prepared to splurge if there is 'value' in the deal. I wasn't aware that Dancewatchers was still active and I've never stayed in a condo like VT etc. I think I'll give that a try. 

Much obliged. 

4 hours ago, wolfgang68 said:

I can highly recommend FX hotel at Pratumnak Rd corner Soi 4.

I got upgraded for free to executive room for 800b, 45m2, big balcony.

Nice pool and even a small gym.

Thank you Sir.  This one sounds very close to what I'm after. I'll check it out. 

• Like 1

I've had friends stay here and were quite pleased! Jomtien Soi 5. Baht bus available right on Beach Rd. 

https://g.co/kgs/Be1LBf

Edited by Rocketboy

Pratumnak isn't nowadays mostly a russians destination? I was there last afternoon and, at the night (?) market, i think 99% of the costumers were russians. Even the music was russian. I have nothing against russians, but i doubt i would like to live sorrounded by "one nationality people". Same if they were australian, or swiss, or mexican,...

I also confirm transport is also a problem. I went from that market to Thappraya Rd on foot and it was not a piece of cake. It was almost 6 pm (so i can imagine how it would have been at 1 or 2 pm). 

I find this thread highly informative as I am interested in the area. There is mention of VT2A for renting a condo- anyone have further experience with VT2A? 

I checked o nBooking.com and it get  several negative reviews for cleanliness whereas the location is very good and they seem to have a lot of useful facilities. 

Edited by Laid Back Larry

1 hour ago, Laid Back Larry said:

I find this thread highly informative as I am interested in the area. There is mention of VT2A for renting a condo- anyone have further experience with VT2A? 

I checked o nBooking.com and it get  several negative reviews for cleanliness whereas the location is very good and they seem to have a lot of useful facilities. 

There are lots of different agents and owners renting out in VT2A so a review about one condo isn’t going to apply to others. 

https://www.dancewatchers.com/

are based in VT2A and have a number of rentals there. The condos are usually good and you can arrange cleaning etc with them 5 days a week if you want. They are a bit expensive compared to some rentals but worth it for a short term rent. I wouldn’t use them for a long term rent (year) as there are much cheaper options.

I have used AirBnB a couple of times for condo rentals but not Booking or similar. Most of the time I’ve rented through local agents - most buildings will have someone renting out units there and working out of an office on the ground floor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 29/03/2023 at 18:32, Macawber said:

Thank you Sir.  This one sounds very close to what I'm after. I'll check it out. 

You are most welcome

On 30/03/2023 at 12:48, Laid Back Larry said:

It's one of best condos in Pattaya. Big swimming pool, 2 restaurants, massage, hair salon, minimart, laundries in house and all necessary at short walking distance, including bahtbus route. I'm renting an apartment here already 4 years. Common areas are very clean and in good condition. Cleanliness of apartments depends on owner. Generally all rental agreements have 700baht fee for final cleaning. During your stay you clean yourself or ask cleaning service from one of several laundries on first floor. Best way to rent an apartment here is to ask directly from rental agencies on first floor, there is at least 5. Outside of peak season you can just walk in and you will find an apartment for sure. I'm using this https://www.viewtalayrentaroom.com/condo-for-rent/ for my apartment and also helped many friends to get an apartment. And another http://philcristy.com/contact-us/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Old Fart

On 29/03/2023 at 13:13, Stokielad said:

You might not realise, but there is no access to Pratumnak Soi's 4 and 5 without going up to the Junction at the top of the hill again.

Actually there are several small sois between 4 and 5 so no need to go up for moving from one to another. For example Kinnaree is on one of those sois.

Pratamnak soi 5.jpg

Old Fart

1 hour ago, nemopat said:

Actually there are several small sois between 4 and 5 so no need to go up for moving from one to another. For example Kinnaree is on one of those sois.

Pratamnak soi 5.jpg

@Stokielad is staying at Cosy Beach and is correct in what he says about not having any access to Sois 4 & 5 without driving up to the main road.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Hill Fresco hotel is located in soi 5. Has air conditioning, safe in the room, balcony and swimming pool and flatscreen TV. Can be recommended by an acquaintance who stayed there in March.