IGNORED

Is LK President a good hotel

Ban Chang Banger

Never stayed at LK President...usually use Flipper Lodge...but want to be closer to Soi Buakow....I also like the Holiday Inn Express but it's farther down Soi Buakow...thanks looks pretty good on Agodo

23 minutes ago, Ban Chang Banger said:

Never stayed at LK President...usually use Flipper Lodge...but want to be closer to Soi Buakow....I also like the Holiday Inn Express but it's farther down Soi Buakow...thanks looks pretty good on Agodo

Hello. I had the same requirements. I started to chose Barraquda in soi bukhao but just change my dates to stay two more days in Bangkok. After that it was so expensive I had to chose another one. That is why I will try amethyst. It seems a good value. 

i gués LK président is good too. 

Stayed there in February for 5 nights.

pretty good value for 35 euro/day.

even the gym is halfway decent.

Biggest downside is crossing 3rd road. What a fucking nightmare,  sometimes it took me 10+ minutes.

• Like 2

Agree crossing 3rd road five or six times a day would be a deal breaker for me.

For the cost 1,200 baht a night I paid 3 weeks ago a great deal. Crossing the road is not that bad just move up or down 3rd Road a bit. I am booked in again in 10 days.

19 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

Areca or Metropole are options also

Metropole needs a refurb....only good point is the pool.

39 minutes ago, gazO said:

For the cost 1,200 baht a night I paid 3 weeks ago a great deal. Crossing the road is not that bad just move up or down 3rd Road a bit. I am booked in again in 10 days.

Booked my son in in January for mid May 895 baht/night room only....best hotel in the 4* price range IMHO.........looked in the Amethyst and others 👍

Edited by petermik
  • Like 1

Stayed at LK president for over 3 months in 2022.
Love the relaxed attitude to joiners and the friendliness of staff.
The last month i stayed there i changed to a 1 bedroom which is good if you spend alot of time in the hotel.
I also like the location, soi pothole and soi lengkee accross the road.

The walking distance from Lk president is only slightly closer to Buakhao than from Flipper Lodge. About 200m or so. I wouldn't go changing hotels just to be a couple hundred meters closer to Buakhao.

Now if you want to be close why not stay at Areca at the top of Soi Diana or even Acqua hotel on Soi Honey. Both hotels have Buakhao on their doorstep. The latter being quite new with a very nice rooftop pool area. 

I’ve just had a month there, great hotel, lovely staff, only downside for me is crossing 3rd road 

The main complaint you always saw about the hotel when it opened was the big noisy groups on the tour buses 

Is this no longer an issue anymore ?

• 10 months later...

I've stayed here for four days in 2024. It is quite noisy and crossing the street is a hassle. Next time I'll probably pay a bit more, for something better. I'll probably give it a 6.5/10. It's not terrible either. The f-ing heat and my dislike for AC's probably play a part as well. Hard to get any sleep!