Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Line Id and e-sim

Hi I was just wondering if it’s possible to use an e-sim number with line Id registration. I’m heading back out in two weeks time and was thinking of sorting my line out before I get there.

Edited by Nutty

I don’t see why not.  I currently use an eSIM on my primary mobile and LINE works just fine.   

ESIM and physical sim are no different for useage of any type.

ESIM is available on later model phones and is a good option, especially if you travel and have different numbers in different countries.

ESIM can have up to 5 different numbers---turn off and on as you please, wherever you are.

it's generally recommended to use a sim card (respectively a phone number) for line registration that you will (most likely) still have access to in the coming years. 
you will need this in the future for some account recovery steps and might need it if you want to switch your line account to a different phone. 

so it might not be optimal to just use a temporary phone number. but it's not clear what you mean with "sorting my line out".

but as others said : it doesn't matter if it's a physical sim or an e-sim. that has no influence at all. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Thanks for your responses. In the past I’ve usually purchased a True SIM card at the airport and just wondered when registering with Line if I could use and e-sim. 

Edited by Nutty

• 1 year later...
On 22/03/2023 at 18:23, petehoax said:

it's generally recommended to use a sim card (respectively a phone number) for line registration that you will (most likely) still have access to in the coming years. 
you will need this in the future for some account recovery steps and might need it if you want to switch your line account to a different phone. 

so it might not be optimal to just use a temporary phone number. but it's not clear what you mean with "sorting my line out".

but as others said : it doesn't matter if it's a physical sim or an e-sim. that has no influence at all. 

I have a long term AIS number/account which I use for Line.
Am I right that I can convert that card to an eSIM and keep the same number?

17 minutes ago, Edge said:

I have a long term AIS number/account which I use for Line.
Am I right that I can convert that card to an eSIM and keep the same number?

Yes, but the caveat is that you must have a phone that has e-sim capability. Probably phones more than 5 years old and some lower spec phones will not be compatible.

PS... also see my comments 5 posts above.

Edited by thainet

Phone is OK for eSIM

6 minutes ago, Edge said:

Phone is OK for eSIM

So you go to AIS tomorrow and 5 minutes later you're all done...e-simple