IGNORED

Bringing back alcohol back to Australia

Drew57

Just wanted to double check with fellow Aussies if you can bring back 2.25L of alcohol ? As wanted to get 3 x 700ml of Sangsom for my son .

Thanks in advance.

You’ll need to buy it duty free or pack it in your checked luggage.   Flights to aus have cabin bags checked for liquids 

I buy Sangsom and/or Gilbeys Gin/Vodka and pack it in my hold suitcase to bring into Oz, total within limits.

No Customs problem and a fraction of Oz price$.

Going the other way, to Thailand, I usually take two bottles of Oz champagne, total 1.4litres. TG's love it.

Think the limit is one litre but no one has ever queried.

Edited by Bonkabit
  • Thanks 1

Yes.  If its Sangsom you'll have to buy duty free in Thailand as we don't sell it here so can't be purchased on arrival.

I usually get my grob on the way back through the international arrivals.  I go the whole 2.25Ltr.

Word of caution - not everything at international airports is cheaper.  I usually do a price comparison on the Dan Murphys website and then work out what i'll buy at the airport.  Some prices are on par with DM, others are 30 to 40% cheaper duty free.  If its on par with DM, no point buying it Duty free...