IGNORED

How does the multiple re-entry permit work?

masterslayer169

I have a long term visa and along with the visa I had my lawyer get me a multiple entry re entry permit. It’s done and it’s on my passport now. 

What next? Do I have to do anything else next time I’m at the airport or I just go straight to the immigration counter and get an exit stamp? This part is pretty confusing and I’ve searched about it for a week in multiple places and no answer. 

you're good to go... nothing more to do... can leave Thailand and come back, as long as your visa has not expired...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Retired in Pattaya, Thailand - arrived April 1, 2014... Ohhhhh yeahhhhhh... LiveN my dream!

:GrinNod1:  :GoldenSmile1:  :24:

1 minute ago, southsidebruce said:

you're good to go... nothing more to do... can leave Thailand and come back, as long as your visa has not expired...

No additional reporting or anything else to do at the airport immigration?

50 minutes ago, masterslayer169 said:

No additional reporting or anything else to do at the airport immigration?

Nothing to do at airport for a year now , go and return as many times as you like . If you do not exit Thai in the  first 90 days you still have to report  ,

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, worldpunter said:

Nothing to do at airport for a year now , go and return as many times as you like . If you do not exit Thai in the  first 90 days you still have to report  ,

Obviously you still have to do the 90 days reporting while you are out of the country ?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mikey2410 said:

Obviously you still have to do the 90 days reporting while you are out of the country ?

No.

The clock is reset when you leave the country. The report will be due 90 days after your next arrival. If you never stay 90 days at a time then you never do a report.

The TM30 is still due each time you enter - though some Immigration Offices might tell you not to bother if you keep on returning to the same address.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

What others have said is good advice.

Single entry visa - need to get a re-entry permit at the airport each time you leave the country, or your visa will be expired on your return.

Multiple entry visa - come and go as you please. Nothing extra to do.

90 Day reporting - Need to day if you stay 90 ( consecutive) days or longer in the country.

5 hours ago, Herbby said:

90 Day reporting - Need to day if you stay 90 ( consecutive) days or longer in the country.

I’ve been in Thailand for about 120 days now. The first 60 days were on tourist visa and then transitioned to a long term visa. Do I do a 90 day reporting now? I’ve been on my new visa for about 50 days and leaving next week. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa (Multiple). Date of grant: 23. August 2022 Visa must be used 22. August 2023.

I left Thailand last week and have a Re-Entry Permit valid until 24. September 2023.

Is it right that I can enter Thailand until  24. September 2023 and can stay another 12 month?

Or do I have to enter Thailand until 22. August 2023 to get the stamp for another 12 month?

I forgot to ask the agent a few weeks ago.

5 minutes ago, Larry777 said:

I have a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa (Multiple). Date of grant: 23. August 2022 Visa must be used 22. August 2023.

I left Thailand last week and have a Re-Entry Permit valid until 24. September 2023.

Is it right that I can enter Thailand until  24. September 2023 and can stay another 12 month?

Or do I have to enter Thailand until 22. August 2023 to get the stamp for another 12 month?

I forgot to ask the agent a few weeks ago.

You didn’t need a re-entry permit as it is a multiple-entry visa. I’ve no idea why the agent would sell you one.

Are you sure it’s a re-entry permit or is it the Permission to Stay stamp from when you entered? If you entered Thailand on 25 September 2022 you’d have been stamped until 24 September 2023.

Anyway, you need to enter Thailand on or before 22 August and you’ll then be stamped in for another year.

On 20/03/2023 at 12:28, davidge said:

You didn’t need a re-entry permit as it is a multiple-entry visa. I’ve no idea why the agent would sell you one.

Are you sure it’s a re-entry permit or is it the Permission to Stay stamp from when you entered? If you entered Thailand on 25 September 2022 you’d have been stamped until 24 September 2023.

Anyway, you need to enter Thailand on or before 22 August and you’ll then be stamped in for another year.

Thanks a lot!

Yes, it's a re-entry permit stamp. I went to the agency, asked if I need a re-entry permit and handed the girl my visa documents. She read my documents and told me that I would need one. It was a "visa-rookie-mistake". I should have asked here before.

So I have a multiple-entry visa with a re-entry permit now. *sigh*

2 minutes ago, Larry777 said:

Thanks a lot!

Yes, it's a re-entry permit stamp. I went to the agency, asked if I need a re-entry permit and handed the girl my visa documents. She read my documents and told me that I would need one. It was a "visa-rookie-mistake". I should have asked here before.

So I have a multiple-entry visa with a re-entry permit now. *sigh*

Find another agent!

If your plan is to stay in Thailand permanently then you’re also better off ‘killing’ the Non O-A due to the insurance requirement for Extension. You’re better off with a Non O. Remember, it doesn’t matter if you already have good health insurance in your home country, you need specific insurance from a Thai company to get an Extension. I’m sure an agent will sort it for a fee but I’m guessing the charge will be higher than for a Non O Extension (I’ve not heard of anyone that’s done it recently).

About the only reason to get a Non O-A now is if you plan regular long trips to Thailand and are prepared to get a new Non O-A every 2 years or so in your home country.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 21/03/2023 at 13:40, davidge said:

About the only reason to get a Non O-A now is if you plan regular long trips to Thailand and are prepared to get a new Non O-A every 2 years or so in your home country.

Thanks for your detailed answer.

I want to be sure that I understand it. If I return to Thailand in a few month to get the stamp for the next 12 month I can choose an insurance of my home country again, right?

8 hours ago, Larry777 said:

Thanks for your detailed answer.

I want to be sure that I understand it. If I return to Thailand in a few month to get the stamp for the next 12 month I can choose an insurance of my home country again, right?

I don’t know if they’re still doing it, but Immigration at the airport did at one point ask to see the insurance at the airport. They’d only stamp people in to the expiry of the insurance.

When you arrive this time you should be stamped for another 12 months, so you won’t need an Extension of Stay until August 2024, but if they ask to see the insurance then they might stamp only until that expires (your US insurance should be fine for that as you used it for the initial visa). So if the renewal date on your insurance is, say, 1 October then they might only stamp you until then.

(I edited as I misread the question)

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, davidge said:

I don’t know if they’re still doing it, but Immigration at the airport did at one point ask to see the insurance at the airport. They’d only stamp people in to the expiry of the insurance.

When you arrive this time you should be stamped for another 12 months, so you won’t need an Extension of Stay until August 2024, but if they ask to see the insurance then they might stamp only until that expires (your US insurance should be fine for that as you used it for the initial visa). So if the renewal date on your insurance is, say, 1 October then they might only stamp you until then.

(I edited as I misread the question)

Yes, that was my thought. I'll make a new contract with my insurance company.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Larry777