IGNORED

Anybody stayed at Diana Estate Condominium?

vandremand

Hi,

I am looking to arrange my next 1 month stay (probably around October-November).

I find Diana Estate Condomium very interesting, as the location is pretty spot on for me. But often the devils in the details, and I am looking for a place for a monthly stay, so I naturally want to choose correctly.

More specifically I have found options at https://www.dianaestatepattayarentals.com/ that seems great. Maybe somebody here has experience with them?

Some questions:

• How is the the general state of the complex?
  • Any of the buildings and sides of buildings you would recommend over other? Obviously, I am looking to find a place that gets as little noice as possible from bars, traffic etc.
  • I see there is a restaurant/cafe near the pool. Does this mean, the pool can in practice be used as a serviced pool? (I mean a pool, where I can put in a order for food and drink, go sit next to the pool and have my order brought - big plus for me compared to having to sit and wait at restaurant).
  • Girl-friendlyness: Are there any awkwardness about the guards and bringing girls back to room, I should know about?
  • Have anybody stayed with Meow's Rentals specifically (link above). Were you satisfied? Others you would recommend instead? I am looking for a somewhat luxurious apartment, but it doesn't have to be that big. Max budget 50k baht/month. Will Meow's Rental report things about my stay like a hotel would, so I don't need to do anything myself to legally stay there?
  • Are the pictures from Meow accurate? I have a few pretty specific needs in that I need a proper working desk and chair + A big, good TV in front of the bed (so I can watch TV before sleep). Kitchen with some basic utensils like knives for cutting up fruit, bread etc. is also a big plus.
  • Anything else, I should know about? My alternative is going for Areca Lodge which I find to be an excellent hotel, but I feel like I might be overpaying a bit compared to a condo when doing a month in one place.

I stayed with meows rentals twice before covid I booked a month both times including breakfast food was good she even gave me a couple of vouchers for evening meals . Don't know the situation now but guest friendly security guards friendly ,rooms clean, WiFi good , balcony small though, no smoking in room ,I would stay again if I wanted to be in treetown area .

Meow is very good. Her renovated condos are more expensive but sound like what you are looking for.

Restaurant went down after covid. 

Security no problem for girls coming in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 08/03/2023 at 10:16, septicusglutinus said:

I stayed with meows rentals twice before covid I booked a month both times including breakfast food was good she even gave me a couple of vouchers for evening meals . Don't know the situation now but guest friendly security guards friendly ,rooms clean, WiFi good , balcony small though, no smoking in room ,I would stay again if I wanted to be in Treetown area .

On 08/03/2023 at 11:10, penboy said:

Meow is very good. Her renovated condos are more expensive but sound like what you are looking for.

Restaurant went down after covid. 

Security no problem for girls coming in.

Excellent - Thanks :)

I  have stayed in  a couple of Mews rooms the updated  rooms are excellent  . The pools are good always plenty of sunbeds 

Pretty noisy area these days.  There is all that new stuff on the backside now as well.  Where Xcite disco used to be.  I think there are some potentially noisy bars going in there.  It's hasn't really taken off yet but if it does it will get pretty noisy.

Friend of mine used to live in the estate and it was a great place to be. 

The only downside is that only one of the blocks has an elevator and he was on the top floor of a block that didn't. If you're not particularly healthy getting up and down those stairs 3 or 4 times a day can be a bind. He liked it as he said only people that really want to see you come to visit. 

You should get secure car and motorbike parking if that's important and a great location that's right on a baht bus route.

There used to be a waste area out the back and there was the occasional Thai party - but that can happen virtually anywhere.

Thanks for finding the website as I will certainly look what's available next I come over. When I used to look previously the available rooms were quite expensive.

• Like 2

I checked this place out last trip to Pattaya and was quite impressed - always liked the location, but the renovations seem quite nice.  Seems far enough back from Bhukow to not be noisy from that side and units I looked at were all facing that direction.  I was very impressed with Meow and have one of the superior units booked for November.  A bit more expensive than guesthouse and/or other apartment options, but relative to hotels of similar quality though it fine.  Looking forward to it.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, monster said:

Friend of mine used to live in the estate and it was a great place to be. 

The only downside is that only one of the blocks has an elevator and he was on the top floor of a block that didn't. If you're not particularly healthy getting up and down those stairs 3 or 4 times a day can be a bind. He liked it as he said only people that really want to see you come to visit. 

But the blocks that do not have a lift are only 3 Storeys high.

• 2 months later...

The disadvantage of being so central: NOISE, late in the evening.......Screenshot2023-05-20at06-36-34GoogleMaps.thumb.png.7c057286eae441305e6c65bf367f8c0c.png

Edited by flioflop

I have owned a condo there for over 10 years and also know Meow very well. Meows premium condos are very good and she lives onsite so easy to contact if you have any issues. Meow is not the only person renting out condos there but probably one of the easiest to contact and book from abroad. You can also find some on bookingdotcom and Agoda, or by visiting the estate itself if you are in town and talking to reception who will point you in the right direction.

There are condos available at various price-points depending if you want a large/small unit renovated/not renovated.

Addressing some of the points raised above...

If you want an elevator ask for a unit in the main tower, though bare in mind the lifts start on the first floor so you still have too walk up steps from the ground floor initially, the main tower has substantially more floors than the other units - 9 or 10 from memory. The other buildings are 4 floors (including ground floor) with no lift, though not really a problem unless you are on the top floor (my unit is on the top floor though I break it up by walking up 2 floors then walking along the corridor to the next set of steps before climbing the last floor).

Noise, mine isn't affected by outside noise unless I leave the windows open, mine is in one of the front blocks nearest to Boukhao/Treetown but my windows face inwards towards the estate. If you select a unit with windows facing towards treetown, or a unit in the tower block facing outwards from the estate I imagine noise might be more of an issue.

The estate is well maintained with 2 swimming pools (one recently refurbished), restaurant which was closed during covid but was open again last time I was there in 2022. Not supposed to take glass or food around the pool though the restaurant is right next to the refurbished pool with an outside sitting area so not really a problem. Also has a gym (again recently refurbished) and a drop off laundry service. 

As is common with most condo type rentals cleaning is not daily - though extra cleaning can be carried out on request - at a price.

There is free parking for those living/staying on the estate, though if bringing a vehicle you will need to get a vehicle pass from reception.

7-11 and McDonalds right outside the entrance with Treetown opposite.

Oh and lastly mines available for sale or long term (6 months or more) rent! :D

Written like a real estate agent....

oh.....you also want to sell your condo there!

I wonder why????????????????

I've stayed there around ten times. I loved the location before treetown exploded. Its just too noisy for me now. 

Perfect spot for anyone looking to be in the middle of the action 

4 hours ago, flioflop said:

Written like a real estate agent....

oh.....you also want to sell your condo there!

I wonder why????????????????

Just providing accurate information from someone who knows the place inside out and correcting a couple of inaccurate statements above mine :wink:, that's what this forum is for isn't it - sharing info? 

Why am I selling -  because I now live in the Philippines so need to leave a chunk of capital tied up in Thailand anymore. 

If I was trying to use Pattaya Addicts to generate a sale I'd put it in the appropriate section along with pictures - but I'll leave that job to the real estate agents.