IGNORED

Aqcua or Amber hotel

tobeornottobe

I've actually booked aqcua for April for 10.nights at 32 euro a night but it's pay at hotel and I can cancel and change if I find something better . I like the modern look and that its near tree town . I realise the room size is a bit small and it can be a bit noisy at night.  I was tempted by the intimate hotel but the rooms look dated . The one other hotel I've considered is the Amber which is 12 euro more expensive a night.  Should I change to that or another hotel.

Mate of mine stayed in Acqua recently and the noise was too much for him. But if you're out to 2am + it may not matter. Also, I guess it depends what way your room is facing. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Oh, also there was some construction work on soi Honey during the day adding to his misery. I'm not sure of the status on this. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

That looks like a very nice hotel.  I can currently get it for 46 euro a night . I think I'll cancel the Acqua and go for it . However before I do blackwoods is available for the same price . Which is the better hotel 

On 27/02/2023 at 21:23, tobeornottobe said:

That looks like a very nice hotel.  I can currently get it for 46 euro a night . I think I'll cancel the Acqua and go for it . However before I do blackwoods is available for the same price . Which is the better hotel 

If you do book Acqua insist on a front facing room in the hotel main wing…very quiet…the rear rooms on the other wing can suffer from Treetown noise.

On 27/02/2023 at 08:23, tobeornottobe said:

If you are referring to the Amethyst hotel, the location is right near where you want to be (it's within walking distance to Soi Metro). Treetown is a Baht Bus ride of 3 mins or so.

Also, the restaurant selection in that area is very good

Edited by Greg_B
  • Like 2

get a larger room, the normal rooms are so small you cant even put a suitcase anywhere 

Thanks guys , cancelled Acqua and booked Amethyst for 10 nights

• Like 3

On 02/03/2023 at 01:06, tobeornottobe said:

Thanks guys , cancelled Acqua and booked Amethyst for 10 nights

Brilliant decision mate…you won’t regret it.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Brilliant decision mate…you won’t regret it.

Best hotel I have stayed in Pattaya.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nunchuck said:

Best hotel I have stayed in Pattaya.  

Yes mate…going to agree - the Amethyst is the best hotel (certainly for the price) in town 👍

If staying at amber hotel make sure your poolside. I had a city view room and noise from soi excite goes on until 3am 

Edited by Imlooking4fun

• 2 weeks later...

Acqua was great,i have stayed there twice now in the main building facing Soi Honey, Room was an Exclusive deluxe, so extra seating space and balcony. Noise wasn't an issue for me at all.

This trip in April 2023 , decided to try the Amber hotel for something different..

• Like 2