Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

anti virus and ad blocker software

Danolo

I currently run McAfee anti virus but I have never seen it update and lately I seem to be getting a lot of popup ads.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

The last time I used an ad blocker it was Ad-Aware, which appears to have stopped supporting after 2007.

Personally I think these days if you're using a Windows machine with its own integrated anti virus software it should be enough, though for the more paranoid and depending on what matter you surf you may feel safer with stronger protection. But for everyday general surfing Windows Defender should be ok.

As for an ad blocker , depending on what browser you are using  mine being Edge or similarly Chrome just get a free browser extension such as Adblock Plus.

Like i say for general web browsing these should be ok unless you are constantly visiting dark websites or pirate websites.

Edited by mikey2410

install malware bytes for malware blocker. Avira or Sophos are good anti virus. Look for a basic version which you can update free then decide if you want to pay for higher levels

try uBlock origin (lots of similar titles but get this one) on browsers like Opera. Opera also has its own adblockers. Also I use AVG free. Not too intrusive.

Windows Defender - Firefox Browser - Adblock Plus. All easy, not annoying and reliabel.

• Like 1

The majority of monkeys doubt that humans are descended from them.

On 28/02/2023 at 22:40, mikey2410 said:

Personally I think these days if you're using a Windows machine with its own integrated anti virus software it should be enough,

@DanoloI totally agree, if you are using Windows, the native Microsoft antivirus product is fine. I think there is no need to install a third-party application and certainly no need to pay anyone for anti-virus software. 

For ads and malware, I use Pi-Hole whole network solution rather than software on each device. It is fairly simple to set up and is only a one-time expense for the hardware. 

https://pi-hole.net/